[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you want your long anticipated sequel my man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: warhammer-40k-dawn-of-war-3[1].jpg (64 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-40k-dawn-of-war-3[1].jpg
64 KB, 720x405
How do you want your long anticipated sequel my man?
>>
with pretty colors
>>
>>341415198
less dow2 more dow1
>>
Just fuck my palette up
>>
The particle effects are the worst.

They're purdy but there's too much of them.

It distracts from the action. Unless they're trying to hide the lack thereof?
>>
Missions where you can build shit like in DoW, Missions like the ones in DoW II and Chaos Rising with the light RPG and cover mechanics. Fuck Retribution.
>>
>>341415198
>Uh wan it too look loike muh mobas, gotta habe that League vibe y'know?
>>
>all these folkry shitting on dow3
man I cant wait to be vindicated
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 140x160) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 140x160
>>341415198

Paul Dobson voice acting Gabriel Angelos
>>
>>341415198
I know the footage and shit we have seen is pre-alpha, but it looks like almost all the changes they have made are complete shit. Not to mention the awful cartoon aesthetic they have gone with. I have no hope or expectations for this game especially in the current gaming climate.
>>
The gameplay video gives me the impression infantry are nothing more than meatshields while heroes and heavy units do all the actual damage.
>>
>>341420365
and Grogutz voiced by Brian Drummond
>>
I blame the basebuilding kiddies
>>
>>341415198
I told myself that no matter what happens, if DoW3 ever comes, I'm going to do my best to enjoy the shit out of it. I wouldn't care how it looks, what they took out, or how it compares to X.

So far, with that mindset, the attempt to marry DoW1 with DoW2 is leaving me optimistic. I enjoyed 1 more than 2, but 2 had added some really enjoyable things like the cover system and the greater emphasis on tactical elements. Apart from that, the elite unit selection thing sounds like a big bag of goodies, and I'm excited to see what's available for it besides the generic commander and obligatory LoW. You get 3 choices were match, so I assume there are going to be a fair amount of options to it.

So far, the looks aren't impressing me, but DoW2 did have some issues with units lacking clear distinctions at a glance, so I'll give Relic a fair shot to see if whatever this plan is helps with that.
>>
>>341420907

that is kind of fluff-appropriate though
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.