[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox Scorpio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_20160615-015432.jpg (379 KB, 676x1783) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160615-015432.jpg
379 KB, 676x1783
When the Scorpio releases in 2017, will comparable specs be commonplace in gaming PCs?
>>
No.
If the Scorpio released now, it would be more powerful than over 99% of high Tier gaming PCs.

When it releases in late 2017, it will still be more powerful than roughly 80% of high Tier gaming PCs.
>>
I always forget that the X1 has a more powerful CPU than the PS4
>>
Probably not, but releasing in more than a year is a gamble.
>>
$600 guaranteed
>>
>>341400432
>$600
That's a fucking steal for those specs
>>
Hmm
>>
hey guys, screencap this... i work at xbox, no fucking joke here. i hate my job and am looking to move, so here is some "info".

you can take this as fact or with a grain of salt. its up to you.

>>341400432

the plan is to launch at $499 for a 1tb version, maayybe $399 for a 500gb version.

we don't know if we will offer a 500gb version at all, it all depends on what sony does with their new box. we do aim to undercut them or reach the same price point with similar storage options.

also, the system will be able to use "multiple" different virtual reality headsets. thats all ill give you ;3
>>
>>341400029
Totally man, faster than a super computer.

It'll be a good step up from whatever this current bullshit gen is, but more like a decent mid range PC I'd say which is still pretty fucking impressive.
>>
>>341400432
i dunno, microsoft can afford to sell it at a loss
>>
>>341405347
im the person who posted >>341404468

it will NOT be sold at a loss, the public has no clue what the SOC's we've been using cost in bulk.

the new xbox one s for instance has an SOC that costs less than $100. the new SOC is targeted by AMD at being below $170.

we aim to keep the profit margin around 10-15% per SKU. we are close to 20% with the xbox one s. with scorpio we will probably be between 10-30% depending on our reaction to sony's new box. the new strategy over at the xbox team is to be much more reactive to customers than ever before. fostering trust and community is very important for their success, they even now measure success in xbox live users and not hardware units now. they do not think of their players/customers as just "units sold" unlike many other companies.

AMD's new SOC has already been premiered around to companies and it features new GCN features and high performance per watt. so we have cost effective savings in the thermal and power department.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.