[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: Detroit_Become_Human[1].jpg (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Detroit_Become_Human[1].jpg
29 KB, 600x300
I for one am excited for it, as I loved heavy rain and liked beyond two souls. I Don't understand why people hate that david cage is experimenting with games. I'm all for progression.
>>
>>341377779
I thought the new trailer looked great
>>
The first trailer looked boring as fuck but the new one looked really good to me.

I'll wait til some reviews hit. I hear Cage isn't writing this one so hopefully there's no last minute paranormal shit that comes out of fucking nowhere.
>>
Setting is neat
Its a Quantic Dream game so you know what to expect

I mean, if you hate it you hate it if you are neutral you can go either way with this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvqiGm0wz8

This was good. Everything else is bad and you should feel really bad for liking it. Especially the nigger infested Detroit setting cesspool.
>>
File: confused_1497760c.jpg (14 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
confused_1497760c.jpg
14 KB, 460x288
I think it has potential, it could be really good if it focuses on the detective and negotiation aspects. But it will probably be ruined by either David Cage being David Cage, or the "are androids people?" theme being to blatant.
>>
>>341378839
I think it's going to have multiple stories going on. One being the detective story and another focusing on the chick android. I'm sure there will be more
>>
>>341378839
*being too blatant.
>>
>>341378657
anon, I'm sure they've gentrified most of Detroit by the time this game is made
>>
Another shit movie game.

Fuck Sony
>>
>>341379360
See, I absolutely enjoy playing these kinds of games, as I'm in love with movies and books
>>
File: 1417726208788.jpg (6 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1417726208788.jpg
6 KB, 250x186
>>341377779
All his games looks kind of cool at first, but don't kid yourself. When you actually play it, it'll go pants on head retarded by end and have you fighting Satan to save the world or some shit. Learn the fucking pattern already.
>>
Where was this chick in the new trailer though? Instead we get some generic looking guy :(
>>
>>341379795
Doubt it
>>
>>341380034
I'm happy you're fucking stupid, family.
>>
>>341380138
I'm sorry that my lack of cynicism angers you, friend
>>
>>341379795

But anon, that's exactly why I'm excited for it.

David Cage's games hit the perfect level of "so bad it's good" for me.
>>
>>341377779
>I for one am excited for it
I don't get it, Cage's games fail as games since you can't lose and calling that gameplay is a joke unto itself. They're not good movies, either, since they have such bad scripts and they'd get laughed out of the syfy channel. How do they keep making them? Who keeps buying this trash?
>>
File: dri.jpg (16 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
dri.jpg
16 KB, 267x274
It's going to play like shit because you know non of the choices you make in game actually matters. Just like every other Cage game.
>>
>>341379795
Honestly, Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy was one of the best demos I've ever played. It felt and looked like it would take the adventure genre to the next gen... and then you played the full thing.
Oh fuck.
>>
>>341380425
I don't care if I cant run around and kill shit, I can do that in other games. Why is it that theres one company does shit differently for once and everyone loses their shit? I'm sorry I enjoy something different
>>
>>341380749
>Why is it that theres one company does shit differently for once and everyone loses their shit?
You're the only one losing her shit here, princess. The problem is that what they are supposed to do, which is to tell an interactive story, they do horribly.
>>
>>341377779
>I Don't understand why people hate that david cage is experimenting with games.
Because he's not, he's just making really fucking shitty versions of point-and-click adventure games with terrible story and tedious ass scenes.

>Press X to brush teeth/order pizza.
For what fucking purpose would this be included into the game?
>>
>>341381378
>Because he's not, he's just making really fucking shitty versions of point-and-click adventure games
Not shitty versions, advanced versions of the genre.
These types of movie games are like high budget visual novels. Its great. It feels like the direction VNs should head towards.
>>
>>341377779
>Getting rused by Cage again
I don't think so nigga
>>
File: 1464916869906.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1464916869906.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
the game looks fine and i'll play it but please stop calling it a 'progression'

experimenting is fine but i don't want every game play like this
>>
>>341382306
Progression in the sense of exploring more ways to play games and more ways of presenting stuff instead of everything being the same. At most, it becomes a sub-genre. Which would be cool since it gives another option to present a story.
>>
From the thumbnail I thought it was Jennifer Lawrence and I was already REEEEEEEE
>>
Heavy Rain was fucking great despite a few scenes - BTS made me feel like I had no agency in what happened overall

That being said i am SO FUCKING HYPE FOR THIS
>>
>>341379795
so it's like your run of the mill anime then.
>>
>>341377779
was the game with ellen paige any good?

I posted on here before about how i want an open ended detective game where I can frame someone innocent for murder.
>>
>>341377779
>David Cage game
>experimenting
>progression

He's doing the exact opposite.
>>
File: 1462632562526.gif (846 KB, 245x194) Image search: [Google]
1462632562526.gif
846 KB, 245x194
I just want a cool neo noir game
I enjoyed Heavy Rain in that regard
>>
>>341382593
They have been doing basically the same shit for 11 years and Detroid looks no different, I'd hardly call that progression.
>>
>>341379795

>Fighting Satan as an android because some crazy cult anti-robots is trying to summon Cthulu through Native Americans rituals in a muslim temple

Sounds like a Cage game alright
>>
>>341382930
No.
Some people like Heavy Rain though. I liked it. Beyond was fucking trash however.
>>
>>341383057
How is heavy rain neo noir in any way, sense or form? Just because the origami killer wears a fedora and a trenchcoat, it doesn't make it noir.
>>
>>341382930
>was the game with ellen paige any good?
No.

No, no.

Gameplay was bad, plot was dumb, writing was awful.
>>
It looks like it could be neat to me. At best, it actually does cool with its premise. At worst, it could become total schlock.
>>
>>341377779
It's a david cage game, there's going to be a attempted rape/shower scene.
>>
>>341383263
Fedora and trenchcoat is a noir staple, neo-noir just means that it`s loosely inspired by that style.
>>
>>341377779
it looks like indigo prophecy all over again
they are gonna sell you on the first level then everything afterwards is horribly disappointing and none of your choices really matter
>>
>>341377779
They hate him because his games are bad, yet he acts like all Frenchman do, which is a snobby faggot.
>>
>>341381793
>These types of movie games are like high budget visual novels
with worse story
choices
puzzles
visuals

David cage only makes these games becuase no one at hollywood wants to make this shit
becuase its shit
>>
>>341377779
Because they're being sold on their story and the story is above average at best. The gameplay consists of sparse button events to continue the plot with minimal immersion. There's some good parts to the games but they could be much better in more competent hands.
>>
>>341377779
This is the game with the agent guy right?
If its like heavy rain day one buy

Also what made beyond two souls so bad? I just couldnt put my finger on it. Or maybe I didnt give it enough of a chance
>>
I also like his games, granted I don't really like the setting of this once. Its not really unique like Beyond was. Controlling Aiden was really cool because that's something you don't really do often in games. This one just looks like Sci-Fi Heavy Rain.
>>
>>341384160
>Also what made beyond two souls so bad?
Maybe it was because it had David Cage's wacky supernatural shit almost right out of the gate, whereas the ones that people actually enjoy like Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain save that shit for later.

When I played Fahrenheit, I didn't even know about the crazy stuff. I went into it thinking it was just some detective story, then suddenly I'm having a DBZ fight with a Mayan god or someshit while homeless people watch, and I thought it made the game better
>>
>>341377779
>progression
lol what the fuck is this. though he has done progressions not to be a videogame and to get far away from.
>>
>>341384160
>Also what made beyond two souls so bad?
For me, its the fact the story wasn't competent.
Sure, it made sense in the end, but 70% of the shit that happens is irrelevant to the story. Its all filler, with lesson to be learned from, no character progression, its just excuse after excuse to go to different environments and settings.
>>
>>341384763
>get to the end
>YOUR CHOICES MATTER Style decision where nothing actually mattered up to this point
>choose to die
>long dialog about how she is the new ghost
>see terminator future with new little girl and ghost
>credits start off by just showing the ending to prove that your choices yet again dont matter
>>
>>341384763
To be honest the PS4 version is way better because it lets you play it in chronological order. The story is way better when seen that way, the only filler is the Navajo chapter.
>>
>>341380426
how can none of the choices matter when the entire theme is "any choice is viable". It's what appeals to me the most, the fact that i can just tell that fucker to toss the hostage is worth $60 alone.
>>
>>341386302
becuase that will be the only time where you can do it
have you never played a david cage game?
>>
>>341385428
Your choices in each case didn't matter in LA Noire, either. Even if you failed every one the ending was still the same, but each case was still cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGnUGFwraL0
>>
>>341386207
Wait you serious? I didnt know that about chronological order. Wonder what its like to play the story is order
>>
>>341386496
yeah but LA noire had an interesting story and concept
and the gameplay was more then just QTEs
i actually felt like a detective in that game
one who didnt just use high tech future glasses
>>
>>341386431
I can do it a million times if I want but the point is that in order to milk the game you start to explore different options. Since I don't know them all I'm pretty sure I'll be entertained by just discovering them in game.
>>
>game set in detroit

>no black people
>>
File: 1459521385097.jpg (127 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1459521385097.jpg
127 KB, 500x501
>>341377779
>I'm all for progression
There's nothing "progressive" about a game that doesn't use gameplay to it's fullest extent. You can't just get by with having a great story and Cage's stories are far and wide from that. That's like a movie that doesn't use visuals and camerawork to its fullest extent or literature that doesn't use language and writing to its fullest extent.

Play some more fucking video games OP. You cannot think Cage is advancing the medium with this mediocrity.
>>
>>341386302
Any choice is viable BECAUSE they don't matter. 2 scenes later it's never going to get brought up again
>>
>>341387287
Why would some standard isolated case matter after being solved unless it were part of some larger conspiracy?
>>
>>341387480
Even if it was part of some larger conspiracy, the outcome of the case wouldn't matter. It was still a conspiracy and there's still shit for the player to investigate no matter whether that first case went sideways or was a success
>>
>>341387805
Why do you want everything you do to matter?
>>
>>341387948
that's deep, anon
>>
>>341381793
>Not shitty versions, advanced versions of the genre.
Nah. Nothing he's made has even come close to Riven or Mist, games that are over 20 years old.

The guy is just a terrible writer/director that's trying to pretend he's some visionary, when all he's doing is making shitty CGI movies that can't even be bothered to have actual gameplay elements or a well-written script.
>>
>>341386207
>the Navajo chapter
I still don't know how this made it into the game. It's actually pretty good up until that point. The writing is mostly okay, the small interpersonal moments are actually very well-written, the game manages to uphold suspension of disbelief, but then it just takes a fucking nosedive with this chapter and never recovers. Jesus Christ, this wasn't some last-minute fuckup by an intern before the game went gold. This was written, mocapped, edited, animated, soundmixed, playtested, and not once during that whole process did someone stand up and tell David that it was laughably fucking stupid?

I liked Heavy Rain a lot. Good thing this is shaping up to be a return to form.
>>
>>341386431
That's true for Beyond but not true for Heavy Rain, which this game seems to be more similar to. Your characters could die permanently, get arrested and have to break out of custody, fail the trials and not find the kid in time, etc. It was one of the few games to boast about your choices mattering in which your choices actually mattered. Sure, some things were bound to happen regardless of what you did, but that's an inevitable limitation and general markers are necessary to move the story along.

Even tiny choices still matter for immersive purposes and are brought up later. When you're Ethan and you're watching over Shaun, you can be a good dad and help him with his homework and talk to him about school, or you can lock yourself in your room and get drunk while watching old home movies of your dead kid; if you do this, Shaun mentions the next day that his teacher yelled at him for not having his homework. It's little shit like that that Heavy Rain did extremely well. The best part is, they're not explicit choices like in Telltale games. You don't get a prompt that says "Press X to leave, O to stay." If you want to leave, you simply leave.

I'm excited, desu. I hope he doesn't fuck it up with more supernatural shit.
>>
>>341383263
Its raining
>>
I hope all of the 'cinematic exploration' deals directly with investigation scenes for your job. Not a bunch of meaningless stuff like in beyond two souls.
>>
File: Annoyed - Makoto.png (882 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed - Makoto.png
882 KB, 1280x720
It absolutely disgusts me that david cage has a very clear track record of making total trash but people get excited for his stuff anyway.

I hope you all die before the game comes out so someone can get the message to stop funding his retarded shit.
>>
I'd like it if it were less like a movie and more like cyber la noir
>>
>>341377779
>You choose the outcome
>Every one ends with the guy being killed
>>
>>341380749
>differently
Most western devs fall for the cinematic horseshit meme, what are you even talking about? Cage does nothing new that hasn't been done before
>>
>>341390579
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.