[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be like 10 years old >Wind Waker comes out >Love it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Fuck yourself.png (2 MB, 901x921) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yourself.png
2 MB, 901x921
>Be like 10 years old
>Wind Waker comes out
>Love it and the art style
>Lurk IGN forums on dad's account
>People hating on it
>Get mad cuz other people hate something I love

>10 years later
>WW HD comes out
>People sing praises over the original art style and people claim they never hated it in the first place
>Bunch a fucking liars

>2016
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild shown at E3
>People hating on the art style again
>MFW
>>
File: ViiLG.png (93 KB, 973x357) Image search: [Google]
ViiLG.png
93 KB, 973x357
>>
No one complained about SS art style though.
>>
>>341376306
If it's any consolation I still hate wind waker.
>>
>>341378017
I thought it sucked
>>
>>341378087
That actually makes it better.
>>
>>341378114
I loved it, especially 1080p on Dolphin
>>
>>341376306
i liked WW but hate WW HD, also i hate BotW because it looks like too shiny
>>
>>341378114
At release I mean. I also thought it sucked but I don't remember seeing hate towards it when the first trailer came out (E3 2010 I think?).
>>
>>341378280
Glad I could help.
>>
>>341378087
This, the art style anyway.

The DS games and TL himself i absolutely loathe though.

SS sucked, FI and SS zelda were cool

Don't like cel shading, but this actually looks like it will play well unlike sailing forever etc.
>>
>>341378880
how? It made Link expressive in WW
Sure, it made it more child like but Ganon was cool and it still made NPC look nice in an exaggerated way while TP made them ugly
>>
>>341379127
Cat eye toon link never looked good no matter how many meme faces he makes.
>>
>>341379419
i dont know what to say, he looked cool
it wasnt realistic, just cartoony
>>
>>341376306
Try being a Majora's Mask fan.
We received a decade of vitriol from OoTfags, only for the small MM fandom to ultimately be absorbed by hipsters, pseudointellectuals and DEEPEST LOREfags. Everyone kind of agrees WW was decent all along, but MM is still known colloquially as Fedora's Mask due to all the cunts that fawn over it.
>>
>>341379628
sad, while OoT is better, i kind of liked MM for being different
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>341376306
I just want a game with the Zelda Wii U tech demo graphics

is that too much too ask for?
>>
>>341379748

They had the same kind of relationship as the first two Zelda games, which I liked.
>>
>>341380053
Yes.
>>
>>341379628
I just dislike it because it has a timer attached to it. No matter how generous or inconspicous it is, I cannot stand timers in games.
>>
>>341378017

No one gave a shit about SS as well.
>>
It's not the art style that bothers me. The format just seems counterproductive to the novelty and storytelling methods established in the Zelda franchise thus far.

I mean, I could be wrong, I HOPE I'm wrong. But Geralt of Rivia Link is not. I have a feeling that too much freedom and making the world too explorable (doesn't make it bigger) will lead to a particularly lackluster and unmemorable experience.
>>
>>341378087
The rerelease was ok, but the original was hot garbage.
>>
>>341380369
it wasnt bad man
i get it but you can slow down time
i just hate the water part of the game in the bay temple
>>
>>341380053
Yeah
>>
>>341380474
i dont believe it, but i think they are trying to get you the player to explore and feel like you found something without help
finding dungeons by accident helps but it looks empty
>>
It's 4chan, they shit on everything. Zelda could literally come out of the screen and start blowing them and they'd just complain that they would've rather had Link.
>>
>>341380053
me too. i think zelda is somewhat out of touch with their fans and target audience desu.

little kids dont want cartoony shit they want "grown up" stuff with more oots style at the very least. Its the grown ups who dont mind the art style being all cartoony and shit.
>>
You make a good point OP, Breath of the Wild would be much better received 10 years ago.
>>
File: lea1463697445059.jpg (4 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
lea1463697445059.jpg
4 KB, 184x184
>>341376306
So this is the average age of /v/ posters
>>
>>341381154
Wind Waker came out in 2002. That would make OP at least 23.

You must be really old. What are you still doing on 4chan?
>>
>>341376306
That's because you were 10 and the people complaining about it were older. You have to put it in context, and I'm assuming you weren't following gaming the way older people were at the time. OoT blew people away with it's graphics, and the next gen sequel to it was hyped for months by nintendo with glossy images of game art that looked much more like Twilight Princess. Basically everyone was expecting TP, and at the last second what we got looked NOTHING like it and had this weird sailing aspect to it.

Obviously in retrospect the WW is clearly amazing, but based on everything we'd seen and heard leading up to it it was a real bait and switch. I was 17 at the time and it made me swear off nintendo for like 5 years because I was so pissed. I could see not understanding this at the time though if you were so young that it was one of your first Zelda games and you weren't really aware of the media coverage surrounding it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.