[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good series to get into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: shantaethroughtheyears.png (305 KB, 676x509) Image search: [Google]
shantaethroughtheyears.png
305 KB, 676x509
Is this a good series to get into?
>>
>>341372468
How the hell would I know?

>Do you guys know my taste and what I like?
>>
best cheesecake this side of the industry, but pirate's curse is the high point of the series and the most recent one.
>>
>>341372757
Holy hell, nigger. Calm down.
As games of their genre, are they GOOD?
That's literally all I'm asking.
I don't need you to know my taste.
>>
Shantae GBC - Decent but flawed, you may get used to the small screen and jumps of faith or not it depends but everything else is good enough

Risky's Revenge - Okay but really short, not really enough content but its an okay enough game on its own really improves on the first one in terms of screen size and such and is much easier to get into than the first as well

Pirate's Curse - The best one so far (till HGH comes out), good length, different gameplay compared to the first and second instead of transformations you get gear which improves your mobility and combat the only one I can really recommend for just gameplay alone but try the first 2 if you get the chance

Half-Genie Hero - still not released but goes back to transformations and magic and looks really promising

The series is charming has flaws but it ain't too shabby, all the games have great music as well. I hope HGH pulls it above "indie" tier though.
>>
>>341372468
Meh. Shantae is mostly style over substance, to be honest.
In my opinion the only truly great game in the series is Pirate's Curse.
>>
New trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfc7VHv2uFc

Is it me or does the game looks way faster than in the demo?
>>
Its okay, but nothing special. I'm glad I played the games once, but have no urge to play them again like a Metroid or Vanillaware game.
>>
>>341372468
It's ok. More people seem to enjoy jerking off to Shantae though than they do enjoying the game.
>>
>>341373751
looks good
>>
It's a good protagonist to get into.
>>
>>341373751

for some reason whoever makes the trailers at WF speeds up the footage

they did the same thing for SatPC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXHGktkBmqY
>>
>>341372468
The first game is solid.
The second game is good, but there are a lot of game design sins making it the least fun of the series.
The third, "Pirates Curse" is almost perfect.
IMO
>>
File: ss (2016-06-13 at 04.37.52).jpg (96 KB, 789x441) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-13 at 04.37.52).jpg
96 KB, 789x441
>>341372468
pirate's curse is a near perfect game. risky's revenge is great too. playing the first now, enjoying it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.