[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hyper light drifter was symbolism for the creator's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: hyper_light_drifter_.png (470 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
hyper_light_drifter_.png
470 KB, 540x675
>hyper light drifter was symbolism for the creator's terminal heart condition

Neat?
>>
>>341365958
It's a goddamn fucking crime this game is so short and will never get more content or a sequel. Literally one of the best games I've played in a LONG time.
>>
>>341366169

The guy was on a literal death clock. Seems like a decent reason to rush it out a bit
>>
>>341365958
twitch informercial please leave
>>
>>341366475
I admit, I just watched it. it did explain alot about the game that was nonsense to me. Alot surprisingly makes sense now that the reason was irl heart disease.
>>
Well that's fucking depressing.

Fuck this universe.
>>
>Studio is called Heart Machine

Poetic.
>>
>>341365958
Uh, okay? How should I know that?
>>
>>341367512

It was the dev group bio in the e3 show
>>
>>341367512
you watch the long-ass commercial twitch just ran for it
>>
>>341367638
symbolism without narrative purpose is meaningless, obtuse and unnecessary.
>>
Wow I didn't know that. Now all those moments where the Drifter is coughing his lungs out make sense.
>>
Is the dude gonna die?
When?
And does this mean no more games from them?
>>
What did the creator die?
>>
>>341366367
Was? Shit, don't tell me he's dead.
>>
>>341367829
its almost as if video games are made by a person instead of a soulless corporation

>why did hitchcock movies all feature a breathy, sexy blonde?
>because he liked them

its fine
>>
>>341367829

To be fair, alot of the game's narrative is meaningless, obtuse and unnecessary. So i guess it fit in well into the game in hindsight
>>
>>341368040
>>341368037

he was at the e3 explaining about his condition. I dont think so
>>
>>341368220
Oh, thanks!
>>
File: 54242874.png (710 KB, 592x593) Image search: [Google]
54242874.png
710 KB, 592x593
>I get to sleep with this sweet mask each night now
https://twitter.com/HeartMachineZ/status/740783647100391426
>>
>>341368649
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>341368065
soulless corporations are all people
corporations are just a legal instrument to shield people from various forms of liability, so that there is an incentive to try doing things
>>
So is it confirmed he's gonna die soon, or is it just something he can manage for the rest of his life if he's lucky, and just hope serious shit doesn't go down?
Because other than the occasional post, he seems pretty happy/normal on Twitter.
>>
>>341367829
>>341367512

Critical analysis is not a hard thing to do guys. Within moments of the game you could tell that heart disease was the subtext. You might think that it was about the death of someone close to the creator except that its the protagonist that is the one having sudden bouts of illness throughout the game and having opening cut scenes feature such obvious death metaphors chasing the protagonist gives the mortality a very personal feel. Hence, the creator is sick, is fearful of running out of time and its got something to do with their heart. Didn't even know I was right till this thread.

Git gud.
>>
Is there a plan for console release?
>>
File: 258235723.jpg (36 KB, 709x198) Image search: [Google]
258235723.jpg
36 KB, 709x198
Glass houses.
>>
>>341368037
Serves him right. I remember him shilling the fuck out of this game.
>>
>>341370617
>CRAAAAAAAAAWWWLIIINNNNNG IIIIIIIIIINNN MMYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.