[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detroit Become Human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Detroit_Become_Human.jpg (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Detroit_Become_Human.jpg
29 KB, 600x300
Did anyone bother to ask David Cage if he understood that designing a game around bunch of unforeseen consequences results in a trial and error (or trial and autosave) experience?

How in the hell does he think the player feels when faced with such hard hitting questions like [pick up a gun] or [do not pick up a gun] that further branch into more meaningless stuff until a life and death decision is made?
>>
have you tried not being a casual save scummer and just living with the choices you make
>>
>>341351905
>david cage
>thinking
>>
>>341351905
The detective thing seems kinda boring, I wanted to be a qt robo revolutionary
>>
>>341351905
It's not trial and error. It's just an IQ test. If you pick retarded options, of course you'll get the bad ending.
>>
>>341351905
Why concern yourself with a genre you don't even like? You probably enjoyed 6 hours of zelda
>>
Is this game VR? The investigation on VR would be great.
>>
>>341352174
>choices

David Cage's choices amount to sneezing on a butterfly and the game telling you just made dinosaurs extinct.
>>
>>341352174

This.

OP, this is not a game about winning.
It's a game about a dynamic story that changes by altering certain factors.
>>
>>341352174
>>341352676
>>341352919
STOP USING LOGIC
>>
>>341351905
>/v/ complains when games are linear and your choices mean nothing
>/v/ complains when a game gives you a number of choices that can have multiple outcomes
VIDEO GAMES
>>
>Not being able to convince the guy to team the girl with you

Sure has lots of choices..
>>
File: K.jpg (78 KB, 457x622) Image search: [Google]
K.jpg
78 KB, 457x622
FUCK YOU GUYS I JUST WANT A ROBOT DETECTIVE GAME, I DON'T EVEN CARE IF IT'S SHIT
>>
They should stop making them, OP. They'll think again next time they try and do something different with the video game format!

In seriousness it looks good and is a refreshing break from other shit coming out
>>
>>341354437
Nigger is this your first David Cage game?

>something different
>>
Every thread until you love it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAzcVPfgp6Q
>>
File: 1440431304433.jpg (204 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1440431304433.jpg
204 KB, 900x900
>>341351905
THE PROBLEMS IS THAT IF YOU SAW THE E3 PREVIEW IT FELT LIKE YOU SAW EVERY DAMN ENDING

DAVID FINALLY FOUND A PROJECT THAT IS THE CORRECT SCOPE FOR HIS STYLE OF GAME ON TOP OF IT BASICLY BEING BLADERUNNER ABRIDGED, AND I FEEL LIKE IV ALREADY SEEN EVERYTHING

GOD DAMN IT CAGE
>>
I save scummed Heavy Rain and don't regret a moment of it.
>>
>>341354847
Now people can finally have their Ellen Page rape fantasies come true. What a hero!
>>
>>341351905
Well at least you should not be deluded, the game will end with 3 different endings that will probably decided 5 mins before the credits. Just like in Beyond Ellen Page and Heavy Jason.
>>
>>341353410
Hey, I liked Ray Bradbury.
>>
>>341354437
>They'll think again next time they try and do something different with the video game format!

I said this a lot when heavy rain came out but honestly there's no excusing david cage at this point
>>
File: 1465850648519.png (853 KB, 861x889) Image search: [Google]
1465850648519.png
853 KB, 861x889
>>341354847
I'm still upset that no-one's ported the nude Ellen Page model to SFM.
>>
>Detroit become human

wow, racist much?
>>
>>341351905
cage games are really only meant to be played once so you don't notice that there are less than 10 choices that matter at all.
>>
>>341356067
Nah. The game takes place in an alternate future where Detroit isn't overrun by niggers.
>>
All David Cages games revolve around many different scenes or chapters that have many subtle ways they can play out, some more obvious than others. But the main narrative remains mainly the same until the end. There's nothing really wrong with that imo.
>>
>Takes place in Detroit.
>No black protagonist.
One of the fucking times where it would appropriate without complaints
>>
>>341354847

But that audio was in the game... anon?
>>
>>341355516
Only the diner part and the sex part.
>>
>>341356265

Except when the main narrative turns out to be bullshit and nonsense. Which is pretty much every single one of his games....
>>
>>341356972
Why would you make a robot a nigger?
>>
At the end if the day these games are always fish shaped anyway, aka everyone starts and ends in the same place.
>>
File: shitpost turtle.gif (1019 KB, 317x238) Image search: [Google]
shitpost turtle.gif
1019 KB, 317x238
What the actual, legitimate fuck is with all these people that think talking down the android with the girl is the climax of the entire game? It's probably not even an actual event in the story, just a side story demo made to demonstrate the system.
>>
>>341357887
Is that logic you're using? I'll have your head for this.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.