[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this game actually any good? I know Japan supposedly hated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: star-ocean-5-11-06-15-1.png (867 KB, 702x536) Image search: [Google]
star-ocean-5-11-06-15-1.png
867 KB, 702x536
So is this game actually any good? I know Japan supposedly hated the game, but I feel that may be in part to the censorship.
>>
Heard its really short and really easy
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
They looks like xenoblade characters
>>
Overpriced, short, and boring

This is a $30 game trying to be match the scale of Xeno/FF/DQ when the budget wasn't there
>>
>>341319774
Xenoblade designs are way better, XB designs are kinda generic but those star ocean designs are trash.
>>
>>341319425
why do japan hate the game now?
>>
I'm 34 hours into the game. 28 or so real time w/o idling.

characters models look greatf if you like the style. your whole party (up to 6 characters inc. mc) follows you all the time which is kinda impressive.
but beyond that it's lackluster. story is super lame and barely there. for a bit of extra character interaction you have to keep walking around in towns to speak to your characters. this is a pain because you have to activate that feature by walking into a certain spot, which unlocks a couple of interactions across the town. having seen them all you have to return to that spot to activate the next set of interactions, which mean you gotta walk all over again...
side quests are even worse. you just keep on walking all over the same areas grinding your ass off for rewards that are ultimately useless because THE GAME IS PISS EASY.
doing the side quests means you're going to overlevel like crazy. and xp has little diminishing returns. 10 levels above what you're supposed to be and your characters still level regularly against opponents that die in a couple of hits.
iirc you can't play hard mode on your first playthrough.
battle system is weird. because it's so easy you just run in and kill stuff (don't forget you have 6 characters at once in combat). doesn't hold a candle against SO3.

overall the game is meh so far. II don't get why people call the game short. With side quests it's huge. I've cleared only 22% of them so far and the story barely moved anywhere so far.
>>
Maybe people are afraid of spoilers.

I can tell you so much

there is nothing to spoil in this game
>>
>>341321518
Because it's piss easy due to LOL ALL PARTY MEMBERS AT ONCE
Short as fuck, doesn't even feel 60% SO3 length
Not being able to choose between multiple party members
Pitiful extra game content
LITERALLY ONE SINGLE FUCKING PLANET, you really can't make this shit up
And it's all made worse considering they publicly apologized for SO4 and vowed do make SO5 as close to 3 as possible yet just fucking shat another turd AGAIN, so they had no excuses at all
>>
>>341323769
Did they really say that?

This is a piece of shit compared to SO3. I'm considering dropping it like SO4.
>>
>>341324063
They said SO4 didn't feel right as a SO game and that the new one would be inspired by the third, so yeah.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.