[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THIS WEEK THIS WEEK THIS WEEK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: DQ7_3DS.jpg (386 KB, 1028x936) Image search: [Google]
DQ7_3DS.jpg
386 KB, 1028x936
THIS WEEK

THIS WEEK

THIS WEEK
>>
>>341318352
>no source
Faggot.
>>
>>341318352
I sure hope you're right.
>>
My dick needs this game right nao
>>
I just want to play this 8 and Builders
>>
>>341318560

There are empty spots in Target that were just added for this game. I saw it online, thought it was fake, and when I went to the Target down the road from me, they were there as well.
>>
>>341321862
To be honest if it's happened this week is be leaked by now. I remember this happening for MM3ds and they took them down the next day.
>>
File: 1405226834364.jpg (262 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1405226834364.jpg
262 KB, 500x521
I would love it if they did release it soon. But then that means it'll be another stealth launch and no one knows about it except core DQ fans. Which is a bad sign.
>>
>>341320816

I want to play all the DQ games. But I gotta admit that I'm most hyped for X, XI and Theathrythm. And none of them are confirmed yet.
>>
>>341318352
Hope someone uploads it to mega quickly!
>>
>>341322414
So, is it releasing this week?
>>
>>341324616
Sadly I think X is never ever. It's a bit too late. It's like if Sony released PSO2 now. A good number of people would be happy but we are so far behind the Japanese side that I can't imagine us getting it.

XI looks fucking amazing and can't wait to see more.

Theathrythm I don't know why we didn't have it. Not like it takes any effort to localize it.

Personally I am more mad we haven't yet gotten Rocket Slime 3DS
>>
>>341325720
Most likely not.
>>
>>341326162
DQ Theatrhythm bombed in Japan.
>>
>>341326421
How though?
It's DQ plus rhythm gameplay, seems like a perfect combo for Japan.
>>
>>341326695
I have it
it has like a quarter of the songs that Curtain Call has after all its DLC and no versus so I can understand why people would have disdain for it

The board game addition is neato though
>>
How they are going to release a game by surprise?

They want to kill DQ in the west more?
>>
>>341326162

>Theathrythm I don't know why we didn't have it. Not like it takes any effort to localize it.
Plus the previous two Theathrythm games sold way more than expected. Its like SE is literally just trying to ignore it because its Dragon Quest related. yet it would be a perfect way to get new people interested in a non FF property.

I will give up on SE forever if we don't get Theathrythm DQ, but do get the Kingdom Hearts one in production. Its just a blatantly dick move.
>>
>>341326695
The DQ games have good soundtracks, but all the really catchy songs that are fun for rhythm games are reused a lot in the series, like the fanfare. There's not much song selection in DQ Theatrhythm and only half of them are any fun.

If anything the DQ stuff should've been a DLC for FF Theathrythm.
>>
>>341322414
Nah, 3DS scene doesn't leak shit as well as it used to. It used to be normal for games to leak 3-4 days before release but not anymore.

VFD got leaked like a whole 2 months early but that was just dumb luck since a reviewer with a hacked 3DS was a bro.
>>
>>341327119

>it has like a quarter of the songs that Curtain Call has after all its DLC and no versus

It just sounds like the DQ equivalent of the first FF Theathrythm then.
>>
File: Ck1w2waUUAI3dt9.jpg (127 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ck1w2waUUAI3dt9.jpg
127 KB, 900x1200
>TBD
TBD
>TBD
TBD
>TBD
TBD
>TBD
TBD

top kek
>>
Eh, while I am always glad to see DQ stuff get localized all I really want is Rocket Slime 3DS
>>
>>341327724
How good is Rocket Slime on the DS? I disregarded it back in the day since I didn't have money but now that I've been binging on the whole DQ series I might pick it up
>>
>>341318352
It must be coming out very soon and i'll tell you why.

DQ Builders is coming out in October. The tradition for game releases is that there is at least 2 months buffer for a game, so DQ7 can't be coming out in September, Nov, or Dec. If they released it in Sept, FF15 would eat into its sales. Dec. is crowded because its a holiday.

Therefore, it must be coming out this month, or this summer at least.
>>
>>341327724
Never played the first two. Maybe I'll give it a go to help me with the wait. Are the Joker games any good?
>>
>>341327946
Or maybe they'll release it without any announcement so they can effectively kill the franchise in the west once and for all.
>>
>>341327537
>reviewer with a hacked 3DS was a bro
That reviewer did more harm than good, since sales will now be lost and the chances of getting more games localized have gone down if sales will be bad
>>
>>341326421

It sold pretty much the same as theatrhythm FF and only 3,000 units less than Curtain Call. It didn't comb, it met expectations.

The only reason the FF theatrhythm games sold more was they got released in the west.
>>
>>341326421

And DQX sold well in Japan. By your logic, we should have gotten DQX in the west. But Japanese sales mean jack shit when it comes to localization.
>>
>>341327946
>If they released it in Sept, FF15 would eat into its sales.
>Dec. is crowded because its a holiday.
Those sound like perfect excuses for Square Enix not to bring over another DQ game for five more years.
>>
>>341327897
Good, its like LoZ with tank battles and a shitload of puns

>>341328026
Yeah the Joker games are good
>>
>>341327897
Fun action/adventure game. Play as a tiny slime rescuing all your friends who got captured. And sometimes there's fun tank battles that can get chaotic as fuck in a fun way. Tons of fun slime puns all around.
>>
>>341328148
It's not like 7th Dragon is that good. Boring imho
>>
>>341327428

There was a ton of 'non catchy' songs used in the FF theathrythm games. I mean, something Aeris' Theme or Lunar Surface, while being great songs, don't fit the 'catchy' theme you're talking about. There's also a ton of catchy songs from FF games they never used like Silence and Motion or Spinach Rag. In fact, the song selection for FFVI and VIII was just horrible.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is, there's plenty of songs in DQ that could be used. Not just the 'catchy' overworld themes.
>>
>>341330118
Personally I feel like the huge difference is that FF has a variety of composers and musical styles. Sugiyama is a godly composer but his music is all very derivative of the same style at this point which makes TDQ a bit less appealing

Of course you have the occasional standout like Pub Polka that makes large deviations but every normal battle theme sounds very similar in orchestration
>>
>>341331356

Its a double edged sword. Variety is good, but I often groan when a FFXII, Advent Children or SaGa song comes up. Because they just don't do it for me. While I like 99% of the songs in the DQ series and wouldn't get annoyed by any of them. Basically, since Sugiyama is already one of my top 10 favorites, I want a game with all his music.
>>
>>341332360
Aren't all the SaGa songs DLC anyway? Why did you get them if you don't like them anyway?
>>
>>341333089

I liked the first few I downloaded so I decided to get them all on impulse. Now of course I wish I hadn't.
>>
>Inb4 someone posts the picture of vegeta in bed with vegeta's mom saying "good morning crono".
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.