[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listen, VR is cool technology I get it, but it's totally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Listen, VR is cool technology I get it, but it's totally pointless.

think about it, when you're walking around, how much time do you spend fucking looking at the sky? Not much. The majority of the time is spent looking straight ahead like every other fucking person on the planet.

The only time VR makes sense is when you want special moments to be *wow* moments when you can look around and appreciate the whats going on around you.

These moments can be translated to mouse controls that will give you the same experience as the 5% of the time you'd do it in a VR setting.

All VR does is give you a gimmick to use, and like all gimmicks they fail over time. Look at Kinect, Game Boy VR, PhysX cards, Game APPs (think GTA 5 iFruit)

Lets have a healthy discussion about the future of VR so we can get this over with now rather than later.
>>
>>341258445
Nice blog, faggot

I don't give a fuck about VR either, but you can fuck off
>>
File: 1464857806305.jpg (21 KB, 376x378) Image search: [Google]
1464857806305.jpg
21 KB, 376x378
>>341258797
careful with that edge kiddo
>>
>>341259031
stop trying so hard to fit in
>>
>>341259662

>trying to fit in

Sure is summer here
>>
>>341259891
You're trying so hard to keep your thread bumped
>>
>>341258445
>>341258797
OP honestly doesn't drive a car or pilot a plane. You do need to 'look at the sky' and 'look behind' when doing such things, and translating it into mouse control actually kills you in sim games.
>>
>>341258445
VR looks gimmicky as shit but speak for yourself. I do take time to study the game's environment. It does a disservice to the artists and they do such a great job these days.
>>
>>341260424
So youre saying create a multimillion dollar accessory industry just to look behind you? Honestly that's why most games have a keyboard shortcut that does that for you.
>>
>>341258445
VR isnt so much a gimmick as a cool technology thing that wont ever catch on.

For example i finally did VR at a micrsoft booth with some golf shit with a motion controller.

If you suspend your belief and open your minds eye then sure it seems as if you been transported into a 3D world to play some golf. Its really cool and neat. But ive seen this shit at Disney Quest in Orlando.

The only genres that can use it are first person genres. Shooters, racers, flight games, mecha games. And that would be an amazing experience.

But not really worth 600 dollars. The GEAR VR is basically the correct VR. Cheap and easy for movie viewing that can catch on.
>>
>>341260915
Head tracking obviously doesn't mean a damn fucking thing to you. You cannot utilize HUD and maintain all around situational awareness when both hands are firmly tied to instrumentation. Try it. It'll kill you awfully fast when you have to dedicate a whole hand to manipulate the mouse when your hands should be on the stick.
>>
>>341258445
Dude no.
VR is future. Stop thinking only about videogames and entertainment.

I work in IT and big monitors are common thing here. For programmers, SQL Engineers, even for plankton working in excel big screenspace is actual issue. And in VR you can have interface windows of unlimited size.

I'm not talking that this will be fast. But VR headgear is the next step after monitors. No, it won't replace all monitors. But it's the next step of progress, it's not only videogames, not only virtual reality, but also augmented reality.
>>
>>341261179
If you told me 2K for the SAO Nervegear system i would buy it. But VR for anything more then 200 seems stupid.
>>
>>341261403
I don't believe you
>>
>>341261403
Thanks for the copypasta bro
>>
>>341261368

What? All games use mouse control for flying at the minimum. Also, youre using a keyboard for the controls or a joystick/throttle which can be mapped to view positions anyways. The VR will only give you the ability to look around using your head. Again, a multimillion dollar industry to just give you the ability to look around in a very specific set of games.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.