[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad that this is what got me the most excited in the whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: resident-evil-7-biohazard.jpg (272 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-7-biohazard.jpg
272 KB, 1000x562
Is it bad that this is what got me the most excited in the whole E3? I mean damn, I for one am happy RE is scary again, and from what I can tell from the demo it's pretty great.
>>
>>341254936
>I for one am happy RE is scary again
RE has never been scary, m8.

This 'RE7' looks more like a Silent Hill game.
>>
>>341255194
>RE has never been scary

Underage detected, I'm not sure if you're aware but before RE4 there were other 3 RE games and those were horror games, not action games.
>>
Won't get to play the demo until later today but this actually woke me up. Like, it was a legitimate surprise, and when I saw the title all I could think was "Wait, was that fucking RE7?". Pretty happy to see it back in dedicated horror territory at all, and I'm curious to give the demo a go.
>>
It's not even RE, it's just some side game that had the RE name slapped onto it.

Fuck.
>>
>>341255338
I'm probably older than you.

Those games aren't horror games. RE has always been action-horror, and its never been scary.
>>
>>341255338

>3

5 if you count CV and Zero, and not including side stuff like Survivor or the Outbreak games. Actually, I don't know if Outbreak is mainline or not, never got to play them. And for what it's worth, RE has really only been pure survival horror for the first game and its remake. RE2 onwards were different shades of action, RE3 in particular damn near being RE4 with tank controls and fixed camera angles at times. RE2 and CV were way looser on ammo and weapons, while Zero literally had enough resources for 2 characters.
>>
>>341255471
They're calling it Resident Evil 7, so it's not a spin off title, there's might be more to it than we think.
>>
>>341255847
>Code Veronica isn't a spin off, yet doesn't have a number.
>Resident Evil 3 was meant to be the spin off.

stfu
>>
>>341255847
>"We're not planning to produce any more RE games."
>"Sir, here is a half-finished VR game. Should we continue working on it?"
>"Sure, just name is RE7 and we're gold."
>>
>>341256068
Yeah and there's a good reason for that to have happened, RE3 is more important to the plot than Code Veronica.
>>
>>341256312

Yeah, the reason it actually happened is because Sony are dicks. CV is the actual RE3.
>>
>>341256253

That's dumb, RE has been a consistently profitable franchise for Capcom. It's one of their flagship franchises, they aren't killing it.
>>
>>341256312
>RE3 is more important to the plot than Code Veronica.
Not, it's really not.
RE1 is the original, RE2 + RE3 is the sequel, CV is the third main game, then it's on to RE4, RE5 and RE6. Zero is prequel, Rev and Rev2 are spin-offs. Other games are irrelevant.
>>
NOOO WHERE IS MY CALL OF DUTY BASED EXPLOSIONS RESIDENT EVIL WAS ALWAYS ABOUT EXPLOSION REEEEEE
>>
What bothers me the most is that they're probably getting rid of Mercenaries mode.
>>
>>341256312
is it? in RE3 the only thing that happened was racoon city getting nuked

CV brings in Wesker doing Wesker things that setup 4 & 5
>>
File: 1439275517048.gif (473 KB, 450x326) Image search: [Google]
1439275517048.gif
473 KB, 450x326
>>341255194
>looks more like a Silent Hill game

So, now because of PT every SH was like outlast
>>
>>341257125
THIS

I have played mercenaries mode more than the games
>>
>>341257258
The Resident evil 7 trailer made me remember Silent Hill 4, not PT or outlast
>>
RE7 looks like a Silent Hill game. I love Silent Hill, so it seems like a game I would like and I hated RE5 and the new style of RE games, but it still doesn't look like a proper Resident Evil game.
>>
>RE7 is little more than an atmospheric walking simulator

I appreciate that they responded to how shitty RE6 was but I think they might have taken it a little too far in the other direction now. Even RE1 had combat.
>>
>>341258430
People already found an useable axe in the demo (although there are no enemies to use it on), also there are aiming settings in the options I'm sure there will be combat.
>>
>>341258430
There will be combat, there's a shotgun in the trailer, an axe in the demo and various ingame settings talk about aiming controls.
>>
>>341254936
Excited for this.

Better than those SHIT 3rd person shooters they have been making for the last 10 years.
>>
>>341258752
>>341259117
Though it's fair to assume they'll decrease significantly the number of encounters in the game compared to past RE games, I wouldn't be surprised if the game can be played from start to end without killing any enemies.
>>
>>341259117
Until we actually see that in action, we have to assume it's going to be RE:Outlast.
>>
>>341259431
No we don't. That's dumb.
>>
>>341257125

I'm alright with this. I always played RE for the campaigns.
>>
>>341254936
Capcom seems to avoid finishing any storyline, not to mention killing off characters, at all costs. Every single game is like a fucking reboot and the only games that have any connection whatsoever are 1, 2 and 3, Code Veronica with 2, 4 with 2 and 5 with 1 and 6 with 5.
>>
>>341259686
Why is that dumb? The teaser has no combat, no enemies, relies solely on exploration and searching for clues. This is literally Outlast. Not even the trailer indicates any sort of combat. So yes, until we know there'll be combat, the only safe assumption to make, is that RE7 will be Outlast with Resident Evil lore and, maybe, some characters from the previous games.
>>
>>341255338
Literally the only time I ever jumped at any RE games as a kid was from jump scares like the coffin in CV or dogs in the original

Silent hill is scary because of the atmosphere and enemy designs
RE1 was scary because of the low ammo
Every other was just shit jumpscares and nemesis
>>
>>341256650
RE5 an RE6 sold a lot but budgetary issues with the financial collapse during RE5's development, and the ABSURD over-investment into RE6 made their ROI pretty small and less profitable than you'd expect for selling 5 million.
>>
>>341259818
Is it a storyline worth finishing?
I honestly stopped caring when Spencer, a major background character in the games, was killed off so quickly in the RE5 DLC.
>>
>>341260117
The teaser has an axe you can swing with aiming controls, and is exactly that- a teaser.

I'm not saying combat is 100% in the game, I'm just saying don't go around telling everyone it's "Outlast with an RE skin" because we also don't know that for certain. We have a teaser with limited information available to us and until they confirm there is or isn't more features we can't just go around assuming it's one way, all you can safely assume is that the teaser they gave us feels like Outlast. The whole game might be quite different.
>>
>>341254936
You want the truth? They are just using the "Resident Evil" name to sell copies.
This isn't a real Resident Evil game. This could easily be a new IP inspired by horror games like Silent Hill. But no, Capcom knows a new IP would mean low sales, hence they put the Resident Evil name on it and called a day.
You know it's true. I liked the footage, I'll buy this game. But let's not play around. This is not Resident Evil.
>>
File: saturation.jpg (9 KB, 292x316) Image search: [Google]
saturation.jpg
9 KB, 292x316
LOL
https://youtu.be/dGgoreqW29U
>>
>>341259421

Sounds great to me. Classic RE had a well balanced sense of fight or flight, you didn't HAVE to fight most enemies. Comparing that to the enemy waves of RE4, 5, and probably 6 (never played it), I'll happily take what you're suggesting.
>>
>>341260574

True, but it's not like they weren't multi million sellers regardless. Shitty timing in 5's case and shitty budgeting in 6's won't kill this series, especially since they've found success with the Revelations games and HD rereleases.
>>
>>341254936
>Nu-RE fans didn't like it.
You just know their first Resident Evil game was 4.
>>
>>341260742
That's exactly what i'm talking about. In RE1 you have this huge conspiracy, two months later Raccoon City goes to shit and that's it. We have this huge setup for a story that's missing the third act. Where have the remaining STARS members gone to? What did they do? Nothing, the next game(CV) is almost a reboot that doesn't even reference the previous games and RE4 is a reboot in everything but the name. 5 goes on and does nothing, suddenly the DLC shows Chris and Jill going after Spencer without any setup or explanation and then world goes to shit in 6. It's a jumbled mess of unfinished ideas with an ensemble cast that goes nowhere. It feels like i'm playing the fucking brainchild of a 12 year old off his Ritalin who watched too much Pulp Fiction, Twin Peaks and Lost.
>>
>>341260774
RE7 is rumored to be in development for ages, so I don't think that's the case, I think this is really what they came to the conclusion would be better to make, if it was a side project and they wanted to make it as a RE spin off they wouldn't have named it RE7, they would have named it something like RE VR. Remember when RE4 was in development and they got all those crazy ideas about using ghosts and shit as enemies? Maybe they decided to have a bit more freedom now.
>>
So, I was just thinking, isn't this the same as RE3 were it was actually going to be a spin-off and ended up being a numbered, main series games because Sony demanded it?
>>
>>341261916
Its multiplat.
>>
>>341261583

Resident Evil was always about cheesy b-movie scifi horror action mixed with tense atmosphere/environmental puzzles. The original games, with a few excpetions, struck a nice balance between the two.

You're a retard if you think this isn't just as bad as the post RE4 games, but on the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
>>341261636

Wesker and Spencer are dead as of 5. Far as I'm concerned, any story threads worth a damn are done, and what we've gotten since is basically fanfiction.
>>
You guys think we'll see a hookman in 7?
>>
>>341255743
This is the ultimate revisionist history for the sake of getting angry over RE7.

RE was Survival Horror until 4. It had action elements in 3, but that's it. RE1 created the genre that SH perfected.

I'm glad RE7 is going back into the Horror side of things, instead of pandering to the lowest form of casual shitter like RE5 and 6.
>>
What's the dummy finger for?
>>
>>341262001

Let's see if that's evocative of the final game first before we start flinging shit. All we have is a demo so far. For all we know, this could be a PT situation.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 807x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 807x800
>>341254936
>RE
>scary
>again
>ever
>>
>>341262250
Most likely for the full game since it's clearly a key
>>
For people wondering it's not a reboot or an alternate universe thing.

>Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi/blog/2016/06/13/resident-evil-7-biohazard-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-fear
>>
>>341254936

so when the person in the trailer says she is back, are they talking about Ada wong or that Natalie kid? Because this can both wrap up either of their origin stories. Could be the wesker plantation house in south america or something where they created the wesker children.
>>
>>341255338
>underage detected

The only reason you thought the first games were scary was because you were underage when you played it
>>
>>341262250
Secret unlockable easter egg in the full game

yfw hookman is in the game

>>341262360
Umbrella's behind it all
this is the arklay murders
>>
>>341262264

Considering that (unlike P.T.) the game's main selling point is it's VR compatibility, I HIGHLY doubt that the final product will be much different than what we're being presented.
>>
>It has the classic inventory system
>It has aim and attack buttons
>It has puzzles
>Atmosphere is oprresive and horrific
>Sound design is actually scary.

This is more RE than anything post 3.
I hope a bunch of uninformed Re4,5 and 6 fans buy this, and then complain online that it's "too scary to play" and "why can't they suplex the zombies?"
>>
>>341262367
I'm betting on Natalia. She is possessed by Alex.
>>
>>341262367
>Ada wong
>>341262360
>not a reboot or an alternate universe

Fuck me i've had enough of the story past 3

i hope the retarded plot is kept to a minimum
>>
>>341262303

>literally sold millions of games based on this WITH RE1-2- REmake.
>>
>>341262239
It had action elements since the first fucking game. You got a fucking Grenade Launcher fifteen minutes in.
>>
RE has only been scary when I was a fucking child.

Where is the campy characters, Capcom? Where are the attractive women only you make?
This is literally just Silent Hill.
>>
>>341262481
Hey idiot, this can't be the Arklay Murders if it's taking place after fucking RE 6.

>taking place in modern day
>>
>>341262498

>Atmosphere is oprresive and horrific

Except when you realize that it's impossible to die since the entire demo is 100% scripted and none of the "scary" things that happen can affect the player's progress at all, including the BOO scares at the end.
>>
>>341262327
>>341262481

Do we know if we're even playing as the camera man? could be like that big busted women from revelations demo
>>
>>341262640
>Fuck being scary! WHERE'S THE HOOKERS N GUNS?!
>>
>>341262607
Yeah, and you'll be able to shoot thing in this game. Thankfully, it will remain in the horror side of things with very limited inventory and ammo counts.
>>
I'm actually disgusted at the demo. It was designed to make everyone think there's some kind of super-secret hidden ending that can be unlocked by doing meaningless things in an arbitrary, convoluted order, that you're always just one playthrough away from being the first person to discover.

I hate this shitty style of marketing. It's what Rockstar did with the Chiliad Mystery, and what Kojima did with PT. It lures you in with the promise of discovering something meaningful, when you're really just running around in circles for hours.

It's cheap. Make a good game with good gameplay instead of trying to trick people, you fucking hacks.
>>
>>341262640
i bet you watch anime
>>
>>341262647
shit you're right
>>
>>341262741
I doubt it, you wear different shoes
>>
I like this new survival horror direction. Laughing at all these salty fags.
>>
>>341262581
>Wanting reboots.
You are the cancer of modern entertainment.
>>
>>341262742
>>341262824
>RE
>Scary
Hello, children.

I'd rather RE keep the things I know it has always had AND try new things, not "Okay throw out everything because kids want PT".
>>
>people literally want RE to go back to this.
>>
>>341262712
This is a vertical slice to show the inventory, exploring and puzzle elements.

The game will have combat.
>>
>>341262861
Which direction?
First person? It has been like that for years now
>>
SO there's different endings ?
>>
I honestly don't know how to feel about this. It's the biggest u turn ever in a videogame franchise. Not even the jump from RE3 to 4 is comparable. I really like the presentation, and if they don't rely on jumpscares it might be an interesting experiment.
But in all seriousness, they shamelessly pagiarized PT. The opening of the demo is IDENTICAL. I'd like to see the first meeting in which someone said out loud "why don't we copy PT?".
>>
>>341262498

>why can't they suplex the zombies?

I have NEVER liked the whole melee finisher thing about modern RE. I guess Revelations wasn't THAT awful about it but shit like suplexing zombies is too dumb for me, and we're talking about a pretty dumb series here. Could never get behind that shit.
>>
>>341262078
And that's the next problem i have with the story. Retcons. Wesker died in RE1, you can find his body next to the self-destruct mechanism. But no, the series needed a recurring villain for 3 more games. RE0 makes no sense because with the events that Rebecca went through, she would be most capable character in RE1. Nothing makes sense. It's all a convoluted and incoherent mess. Why can't they just pick the fucking STARS members and follow them from game to game. No interludes, no retcons, some of them die, new characters come in, some new characters die and the story goes on. Cause and effect, choice and direct consequence.
>>
File: REmake.jpg (75 KB, 333x472) Image search: [Google]
REmake.jpg
75 KB, 333x472
>>341262934
No, they want it to go back to this. What fans don't want is some Outlast or PT thing.
>>
>>341262802
It's genious though. The demo will keep appearing in the streaming services all over the place.

This is much better marketing than that shitty RE6 demo.
>>
>>341262971
>open door
>guy teleports behind you and punches you in the face

>answer phone
>guy teleports behind you and punches you in the face
>>
>>341262969
Did you read my post? DESU camera method doesn't matter to me personally.
>>
>>341263001
>It's the biggest u turn ever in a videogame franchise

Resident evil 4.
>>
>>341263087
Is the guy a someone? Or is he some nobody monster\character?
>>
File: 1375659697554.gif (3 MB, 356x380) Image search: [Google]
1375659697554.gif
3 MB, 356x380
Just played the demo. I liked it. Definitely a huge change for RE, but there's RE stuff in there. Still a jump scare game. Capcom got my interest though. I wanna see combat.
>>
>>341263001
It's kind of genius really, since Konami can't exactly sue Capcom since they canned Silent Hills like a petulant child.
>>
>>341263168
read the entire fucking post before replying
>>
>>341262914
Resident Evil is traditionally a horror game. The compulsion to action is what made the series terrible. Demanding everything be a cliched action game and proudly proclaiming you aren't scared of things is what children do, not the other way around.
>>
>>341262914
Like i said, i bet you watch anime. i bet you have shitty drawings of the girls on your pc. Remake was pretty tense.

>>341262869
Yeah everything past the village in resident evil 4 is pretty terrible
>>
>>341263194
I doubt the shit in the demo is even real it even has ghost ladies and shit
Seems more like a prolouge to the main game or just a demo that will actually never be in the game
>>
>>341263194

Le random Outlast crazy redneck man

Because zombies were too fun to be scary desu
>>
>>341263056
They're kkeping all the elements of classic RE, including a smaller more focused story, puzzles, VERY limited inventory, and more focus on choosing when to fight, instead of killing everything.

Aside from being first person and throwing campy shit out the window in favor of a frankly better more psychological focused horror element, I see no reason to be angry over this.

Hell, it feels like a more natural evolution of the franchise than RE5 and 6 did.
>>
>>341263056
you have RE2make for that.
It's already done and settled, REmake sales did that.

This is the final RE game into the main story series; Capcom has said it's the final chapter that'll end everything. Of course they're not going to go back to that camera angle style for 7.

Just wait until the reboot happens or RE2make comes out. If RE2make is successful then they'll prob do RE3make n such.
>>
>>341255338

Yes, I know, been there since first one, and the games were not scary. Their province was cheap, laughable b-movie horror. If anything they were about resource management.

Tense I would say is a much better descriptor. When they worked at least.
>>
File: 1410498818718.png (465 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1410498818718.png
465 KB, 500x531
>>341263001
>Not even the jump from RE3 to 4 is comparable.
>>
>>341263069
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong – it's genius from a business perspective. They'll probably make a load of money from this formula.

I just think it's creatively fucking bankrupt.
>>
The only thing I don't like about this is that it's going to attract the Youtube memers.
>>
>>341263038
>never played the game
Nigger his body literally disappears.
>>
>>341263345
>Because zombies were too fun to be scary desu

The camera man gets attacked by one
>>
>>341263261
They wouldn't sue it because it's a different brand. But now that I think about it, between this and We "totallynotbioshock" Happy Few, quite a bunch of stuff this year is very "derivative".
>>
File: SilentHills.jpg (47 KB, 700x336) Image search: [Google]
SilentHills.jpg
47 KB, 700x336
>>341254936
Can we all just stop and acknowledge the balls Capcom has to show off their blatant PT clone at the same conference that Kojima was making his game's debut at?
>>
>>341263087
ITS JUST A PRANK, BRO
>>
so has anyone in the US actually been able to download this demo or what?

I can't find it on the PSN store when browsing on my console, and the PC page has no download option.
>>
File: Kojima.jpg (123 KB, 1391x844) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
123 KB, 1391x844
I don't know, guys. The broken pictures with faces crossed out, the atmosphere, the way that the VHS stuff is made. Looking at how bad 6 was tells me that someone MUST have worked with Capcom on this. I could only wonder who....
>>
>>341263345
There is a zombie in the trailer.
There is a zombie in the final custscene of the Demo.
>>
>>341263496
they prob had his blessing, he likely told them go balls out and stick it to konami, i wouldn't be surprised if Hideo hooked up Ito Junji with the capcom guys.
>>
>>341263001
>>341263496
I just realized something, what if Capcom got Junji Ito to work on RE7?
>>
>>341263591
One guy who worked on PT works on this.

can't find the source anymore, though
>>
>>341263676
Hopefully he isn't writing it.
>>
I didn't see a single jumpscare in the conference clip or the trailer. What the fuck are you silly niggers on about?
>>
>>341263496
IT LIKELY IS KOJIMA YOU DUMBASSES IT'S SO FUCKING OBVIOUS
>no director shown, no art team, no anything
>>
>>341263472
You can find his body next to the detonator, retard.
>>
no fixed camera angles, no buy
>>
>>341263056
Reminder that in last night's thread, at least three people were unironically saying RE6 > all.
>>
>>341263413
No, it's not. Just saying, someone messed with the camera of RE4 and with fixed perspective you can see that Leon moves very similar to previous game (there a video somewhere a think). The camera was the main changing factor.
This is literally Outlast.
>>
>>341263783
>inb4 Death Stranding and RE7 are the same game
>>
>>341261583
Yeah you go kid. Because I remember what I really loved about RE1 was the first person camera hide and seek gameplay.

oh wait
>>
>>341263334
>I doubt the shit in the demo is even real it even has ghost ladies and shit
>ghosts
Oh...

Calling it now, RE7 will have you play as a guy infected with some Umbrella virus going super nuts, like the Hookman RE4 concept.
>>
>>341263591
The team behind PT is developing this game.

Also, you can map items to the D-Pad, and it's useless for key items. I guess it'll be for weapons and healing items.

Fuck, I'm hyped for a survival horror first person reimagining of the franchise.
>>
File: 1425496492605.png (180 KB, 395x516) Image search: [Google]
1425496492605.png
180 KB, 395x516
>>341254936
Is the demo actually up yet?
Anyone got a link?
>>
>>341263827
Let's just pretend that never happened.
>>
>>341263872
need ps plus to access it
>>
>>341263831
>This is literally Outlast.

Oh fuck off. So if RE4 had a first person camera instead of being over the shoulder, it would be literally outlast too?
>>
File: DoomGuy.gif (400 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
DoomGuy.gif
400 KB, 488x519
>>341263827
...what.
>>
>>341263785
Who the fuck cares about story in a RE game?
Like, even back in 1997 we all knew RE1's story was laughable.
>>
>>341263472
>>341263785
You're actually both right. It depends on which ending you get and who you play as.
>>
>>341263872
It's up since yesterday.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/resident-evil-7-teaser-demo-beginning-hour/cid=UP0102-CUSA04772_00-BH70000000DEMO01
>>
>family is infected
>kidnap dude
>mutate because of infection
>dude needs to escape
>as time goes on he gets access to more weaponry
>has supply boxes everywhere
>need to conserve ammo and supplies
>jumpscares everywhere
>zombie-esque monsters that are mutated humans that are infected
>are you happy now?
>>
>>341263294
You seem to think that I want the game to be DUDE EXPLOSIONS LMAO MICHAEL BAY YEAH BUDDY CRACK OPEN A BEER.
No.
I just want the game to still be Resident Evil. Campy characters, third person camera (third doesn't mean over the shoulder before you say anything, you fucking retard. RE1 camera is technically third person.), and all that other shit. The women not being fucking retardedly ugly is a bonus, and I'd rather it not get shit on for OMG 2 SPOOPY JUMPSCARE CABIN shit like the fucking demo is.

>>341263295
REmake wasn't scary.
REmake was fun.
>>
There's no one way to appease all the Resident Evil fans but I really like it.

Resident Evil was never meant to be horror on the levels of Fatal Frame or Silent Hill. Atmospheric and scary yes, but not a deep psychological thriller like REmake lovers seem to think it is.

It has always had a terrible plot, terrible writing, and focused more on biohazardous weaponry and warfare than zambies.

This direction is pretty unexpected but we'll all get what we wanted, a very interesting direction for the series and a spiritual successor to P.T. since Death Stranding looks nothing like P.T. or Silent Hills.

Day 1 buy for me.
>>
GOOOO, TELL AUNT RHOOOODYYYY
>>
>>341263864
1 designer is hardly a team, unless he's one manning the whole project.
>>
>>341264009
ta senpai, I searched it on their store but only got the game itself and not the demo
>>
File: 1435184322697.gif (812 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1435184322697.gif
812 KB, 800x600
So is the teaser the intro of the game or something? Is it about hillybilly killers? Is it in first person view?
What the hell?
>>
>>341259421
That would be a good challenge run.

Besides, less is more. If the enemies are more damaging and a bigger threat you don't need as many.
>>
>>341263864
No the team is not working on it, most of Kojipro + Kojima + Del Toro worked on PT
>>
>>341264067
>but we'll all get what we wanted, a very interesting direction for the series and a spiritual successor to P.T.
That's not even remotely what I wanted.
>>
>>341264067
As a hardcore RE fan, I'll give it a shot, no doubt. As much as the new direction worries me, it has me interested in an upcoming Resident Evil game again, which I haven't been since 5.

Hopefully it's better than that.
>>
>>341264087
THAT EVERRRRYYYBOOOOOODY'S
>>
>>341258007
That's not any better, I do wish this game would turn third person later and have combat though.
>>
>>341264087
That song was ass
>>
>>341263827

As time passes, fans of a thing grow up and stand up for things, and RE6 is going on 4 years old now. You have people on this site that say games like Skyward Sword are the best in their series. This is nothing new.
>>
>>341263985
no, you mongoloid, because it's built as an action game with tank controls, like classic RE. We still have to see the fighting mechanics in 7, but THUS FAR, it's a copycat of Outlast and PT.
>>
Who the fuck asked for a mainline RE in first person? I'm sorry but how are more people not mad at this shit?
>>
>>341264210
seconded, just the one french dude who worked for Kojipro is at Crapcom now.
>>
>>341263864
>>341263783
*citation.
>>
>>341255743

I'm 30 and you are definitely wrong. The first two RE games were definitely horror. RE 1 came out when I was like... 11 that shit was scary as fuck. RE2 came out after and was even scarier. Both had pretty scary opening cinematics and first enemy cinematics (zombie in RE1, Licker in RE2).

They were straight horror games. Nemesis started the transition to action, but before that, it was definitely all survival horror rather than action.
>>
>>341264351
VR HYPE GET HYPE!!
>>
>>341262498
>you need VR to play it
and its shit from the get go
>>
>>341262498
>This is more RE than anything post 3.
fuck off
>>
>>341254936
>Is it bad that this is what got me the most excited in the whole E3?

Yes, this game was especially tailored to people like you, who love watching Amnesia LPs and other youtube bait jump scare games.
>>
>>341264420
>you need VR to play it

NO YOU DON'T YOU FUCKING RETARD. VR IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.
>>
>>341264384
>RE 1 came out when I was like... 11 that shit was scary as fuck.
Maybe it was scary because you were 11?
>>
>>341264319
I have never seen a more shit taste than this.

The song was literally perfect for the trailer.
>>
>>341255338
He's absolutely right though.

Even REmake, was at like best, comfy scary. The kind that causes a bit of butterflies in your stomach but nothing major.
>>
>>341264420

>I'm poor
>live in some shit country
>too scared
>12 yrs old
>don't own ps4
>want muh dead space fix

Is what you're really saying.
>>
>>341264046
RE games have traditionally had horror atmosphere and jump scares. Being campy was never an intention of the series. But don't worry, you can still replay RE5 and 6 if you're nostalgic for garbage.
>>
>>341264319
It's a folk song you uncultured swine.
>>
>>341262239
Resident evil 2 gave you enough ammo to kill every single zombie and boss in the game, with some still left over. Resident evil 3 was an action game with tank controls.
>>
>>341264384
28 year-old here. This is a pretty accurate post.
RE1 and RE2 had very controlled, closed, claustrophobic environments that kept you guessing what was around the corner.

RE3 was run-and-gun in an open city.
>>
>>341264009
there's no download link or add to cart option?
>>
>>341264351
Same reasons people weren't mad at PT for Silent Hill: We don't know for sure that the whole game will, be first person or if this is just some demo thing, and for some the series is so dead that a shot in the arm like this is might be interesting.
>>
>RE game that is actually going to be SH based psychological horror

Fuck yes. I can't wait to see you casual RE faggots crying about the game being "too scary" and "Not fun".
I hope the cobat system is limited as fuck, and leaves you completely open. I want all "Action Horror" fans to be driven out of the industry.
>>
>>341263831

I used to think this, but then I realized that RE4 has little to no backtracking, considerably less puzzles, a completely revamped inventory system that killed any sense of real ammo management (seriously, even 5 was better at that), and last but certainly not least largely progressed like a series of gauntlets with waves of enemies to kill rather than exploring something resembling an organic environment, not to mention the little stuff like shops, melee finishers, and QTEs. A little more than just the camera angle changed in RE4, though to be fair RE3 was a good foreshadow.
>>
>>341264798
>RE3 was run-and-gun in an open city.
Not really: The game narrowed down in the second half, and the city streets weren't exactly WIDE open.
>>
>>341264606
actually, i dont want to buy a new gimmick just to play a sequel to a game that never used it before

i dislike that kind of view anyway, im more into third person view
>>
>>341264002
Even if he hadn't made it to the detonator, he'd have died. The tyrant impaled him and he got buried under several tons of burning debris. Not even a fucking T virus vial would have saved his ass like it did for Birkin. No, Capcom needed a recurring villain so they wouldn't have to actually come up with a good story.
>>
>when playing the vhs flashback you can find a lockpick to open a drawer with an axe and that will reflected in the present.
RE or not RE aside this game has some neat concepts if they explore it further.
>>
File: 1396134518726.gif (2 MB, 180x230) Image search: [Google]
1396134518726.gif
2 MB, 180x230
>>341264798
>RE3
>Open city
>>
>>341264606
not that guy, but i didn't buy a big ass tv and surround sound just to strap a low res screen and magnifying glass to my face negating all of that
>>
>>341264682
>fear can only be manufactured via limited resources
u r dum

RE1 and RE2 had dark, claustrophobic environments.
>>
>>341264384
>I was like... 11 that shit was scary as fuck.

So, yeah, you were a kid,playing a game above his age in rating and finding it scary.

It wasn't to most people in the right age-frame.
>>
>>341264986
Don't worry: Despite the shitposting, the game will be on all platforms and not exclusive for VR.
>>
>>341263831
>The camera was the main changing factor

>No puzzles
>Complete focus on crowd control combat
>No ammo management
>QTEs
>Melee attacks
>Contextual actions

RE7 is more of a RE game than RE4
>>
>>341264969
The rooms were huge and really well-lit compared to RE2.

>>341265034
>being this underage
Nigger, that shit was pretty open for 1998.
>>
>>341254936
I just wish it was a Resident Evil game and not a generic twitch stream horror game for PewDiePie to market for them.
>>
>>341264845
Last time I checked, casuals (like you) were smitten for horror games with next to no actual gameplay aside from walking around and waiting for the next jump scare. Nice projection though, retard.
>>
>RE 1, 2 and 3 were scary for children
>RE7 will be scary for people that grew up and don't find RE 1 2 and 3 scary anymore.

Good. If you like 4, 5 and 6 you have the mental capacity of a 12 year old, because that's who they were made to.
>>
>>341264351
What's the difference? RE is third person now, so you just move the camera a little. At least now we don't have some guy's torso blocking half the screen.
>>
>>341264951
You raise a good point, but what I wanted to say is that, for how big of a change RE4 was, it was SOMEWHAT a natural progression from RE3, as RE4's first version showed, that was in the middle between the two. Now from a full blown action title like 6 they're completely changing the mechanics (dare I say genre?).
As I said, if they play it smart and don't go for the stale BOO JUMPSCARE approach, this thing might turn out revolutionary like RE and RE4 have been in their time.
>>
>>341264351
You want an immersive VR game... to be in 3rd person instead?

what?
>>
>>341265093
I'm not claustrophobic and most if not all of the environments were well lit. Just because you still have the same fears you did as an autistic 5 year old doesn't mean everyone else does.
>>
>>341264046
just shut up you fucking faggot
>>
>>341262001
i sure love this cheesy b-movie horror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HcxMvprYa0
>>
>>341264384
I played RE1 the first time as an adult and it wasn't scary at all. You were only scared because you were a little kid.
>>
>>341264845
Bet it won't even have limited saves because that would make all the Outlast kids, their main demographics, upset.
>>
>>341264351
>Horror Game
>Third Person

Kill yourself.
>>
>>341254936
Pretty clever logo
>>
finally we can get rid of the fake RE fans. Bye Bye third person call of duty bros, go back to Sunset Overdrive.
>>
File: 1393875999572.png (377 KB, 657x434) Image search: [Google]
1393875999572.png
377 KB, 657x434
I just want my REmake 2, couldn't care less about RE7 to be honest.
>>
File: 1440242821236.png (229 KB, 852x900) Image search: [Google]
1440242821236.png
229 KB, 852x900
>>341254936
>take traditional RE format
>scrap it completely
>make Outlast with guns
>tack on some VR gimmickry
>cynically exploit shrieking youtube scarecam faggotry for free and easy publicity

Christ, even the demo has deliberately obtuse shit slung in just to keep people talking about it.
>>
>>341265539
Limited saves is dumb.
>>
>>341265218

Oh come one, bullshit with the underage argument, RE3 is not any any means open. It's a series of corridors with camera angles specifically chosen to limit your vision. And by the time it was released there certainly were much more open games.
>>
>>341265513
Isn't that the entire point of RE7 though? Make a RE game scary to people to outgrew the classic games as horror games?
>>
>>341265648
TGS, my friend. We'll get rewarded.
>>
>>341265379
To be fair, if you've grown up you won't really find horror games scary in the least.

It's why I find all this Outlast stuff to just be boring. Because it's not scary. And it's why I can still enjoy Resident Evil, because it's more puzzle action exploration with horror elements, and later just action.
>>
>>341255338
>RE3
>zombie dude with bazooka chasing you is not action
>>
>>341262425

I got bad news for you buddy, if he was born when the first game came out he isn't underage anymore.
>>
>>341265539
Limited saves are stupid, but I hope it has a punishing checkpoint system like Evil Within, where you go back like 25 minutes after death.
>>
>>341265385

That's fair. RE4's direction was hinted at well before it came out but RE7 is a full on blindside. Even though Capcom has expressed satisfaction with the minor attempts to reconnect to RE's horror roots as of late I don't think anyone expected RE7 to be what it appears to be.
>>
>>341255338
Outside of maybe Licker jump scares, they weren't scary. Pussy detected.
>>
>>341265790
>puzzle action exploration with horror elements, and later just action.

And now it's going to be puzzle horror exploration, which action elements.
>>
>>341265469
Is this bait?
>>
>>341264660
>I got BTFO and my only response is "Y-You like RE6!"
RE1 and RE3 are my favourite RE games. Choke on my nuts, faggot.

They have horror atmosphere. But aren't scary unless you're a fucking child. Jump "Scares" that are really more like jump "Mild annoyance because everyone saw it coming but BANG LOUDNOISE".

>Being campy was never an intention of the series
They tried really hard to distance themselves from that, though, right? :^)

>>341265485
That's what I fucking thought, buddy. Now why don't you and your underage meme-loving ass fuck off back to Twitch so you can watch your best buddy Markiplier or whatever the fuck you kids are in to these days scream on his facecam because OH FUCK THE ZOMBIE
>>
>>341262498
>>It has the classic inventory system
>>It has aim and attack buttons
>>It has puzzles
>>Atmosphere is oprresive and horrific
>>Sound design is actually scary.
So RE4?
>>
>>341265909
By the end of the game I came to really like the lickers and found comfort around them because they ended up being so damn easy to kill.
>>
I just watched the gameplay demo.

How are people not hyped for this?

It's like everything I could have wanted in a horror game.

Is Capcom finally getting their shit together?
>>
>>341265550

>I never played a horror game from 1996 to 2007
>>
>>341265706
>Make a RE game scary to people to outgrew the classic games as horror games?

Nigger I don't find Twitchcam jumpscare first person horror games scary either, so no.
>>
>>341265379
Oh look, a "I don't like RE4" post.
I will give this special snowflake the attention he clearly deserves.
>>
File: link-confused.jpg (19 KB, 298x348) Image search: [Google]
link-confused.jpg
19 KB, 298x348
Here's my question: How can we know for certain that the final game will play like the Demo?
>>
>>341265668
>>341265829
It's not. It pretty much encompasses what the entire series used to be, resource management.

What is the fun in horror if you are just gonna reset a few minutes later knowing nothing bad will ever happen to you because checkpoints.

Makes every encounter just pointless.

>where you go back like 25 minutes after death.
It won't.
>>
File: 1461609244652.jpg (294 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1461609244652.jpg
294 KB, 1440x810
>>341254936
I thought it was outlast 2

Boy was there egg on my face when it turned out to be RE7

I'm still mad about it
>>
>>341265662

You missed a few steps.

>Make Resident Evil
>Gain mainstream success, as well as gain a cult following
>Sales wane a bit as mainstream moves onto other things, cult following still loves games
>Say fuck you to cult fanbase and completely change the series into a TPS action.
>Mainstream success, hardcore fans dislike the direction but begrudgingly accept it
>Sales eventually wane again, even the cult following is done with Resident Evil
>Rerelease REmake to bring back the hardcore fans
>Hardcore fans love it and clamor for more
>Say fuck you to cult fanbase and completely change the series again, this time into an Outlast/P.T. clone with a VR gimmick
>Is already shaping up to be a mainstream success with the YT let's play crowd

It hurts.
>>
>>341264323
>You have people on this site that say games like Skyward Sword are the best in their series.
But it is...
>>
>>341266148
It's interesting, but not Resident Evil. The first person perspective is turning off some people.
>>
>>341265181
all true, but here I wrote what I meant >>341265385
>>
>>341265953
Exactly. Boring as fuck.

>>341265998
>They tried really hard to distance themselves from that, though, right? :^)
To be fair. They did with Remake. It was supposed to be Resident Evil going serious. But then it bombed so they made campy RE4 instead.
>>
>>341266148
I'm just a littel scared that the combat will feel clunky and bad especially boss ifghts
>>
Hopefully they go full-on on the same direction Kojima wanted to take SH in: Make a game that is too scary for audiences to finish.

THe reason RE went action is because the suits thought that if a game is too scary, mainstream audiences won't finish it. I hope they make it as horrifying as possible, just to test that.

I can't wait to see all the casual fuckers on /v/ bitching about RE7 being too scary for them.

Hell it's already happening with this "b-but RE can't be scary! It was never scary! I'll poop my pants if I get too scared! I'm a huge faggot! Can't I suplex the bad monsters and punch boulders instead?"
>>
>>341254936
the best RE7 LIVE REACTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omj_o36vqmg
>>
File: 1410210563723.jpg (20 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1410210563723.jpg
20 KB, 251x231
>>341265493
>you, Kevin, Mark and Cindy will never lay a ferocious mob beating down on a stunlocked hunter ever again

It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>341265790

I play these games because I like the atmosphere. I have fun letting my guard down and letting a horror game do its thing. I'd honestly rather walk down a creepy, quiet hallway than kill everything in sight as I think it's more immersive and rewarding. Not even all that scary, just fun.
>>
>>341266148
Because the combat will be shit if this first person view sticks
>>
>will never get a spooky detective game again
>>
>>341266148
Because I wanted a classic Resident Evil game. Not a first person indie horror game.
>>
>>341266227
They said you can play the full game in first person with VR
So it's either an option or only first person. But the gameplay will definitely stay like this
>>
>>341266358
>>Is already shaping up to be a mainstream success with the YT let's play crowd

Damn, that's exactly what I thought when I saw it. it surely shows the relevance of youtubers nowadays. I'm 100% sure that part of their decision was to make it marketable via walkthrough.
>>
>>341266148
Because I didn't want Outlast: Capcom edition.

>>341266432
>To be fair. They did with Remake.
REmake was still campy. But it wasn't terrible $500 budget movie-tier campy.
>>
>>341266148
Yeah I liked it. People are freaking out that there's no combat. It's going to be there. You get that axe and can attack some boxes and that's it, but in the menu there are 3 other slots for weapons. I'm sure there will be combat.

Also people are talking about how ghosts have no place in RE. I doubt they're ghosts. Probably just some kid with a virus in her that lets her teleport around or something like that. Not sure but I can almost promise it's a virus. That Umbrella chopper says something too. They're surveying the place so I'm guessing they unleashed a virus in some place rural to test what went down and those were monitoring it.
>>
>>341266482

If you think that demo is actually scary, you're the faggot.
>>
>>341266432
>Boring as fuck.

Fuck yourself. You're the cancer that killed the horror genre.

>>341266481
Combat in a horror game should be clunky. It's not a power fantasy.
>>
>>341266358

>Sales eventually wane again, even the cult following is done with Resident Evil

Wasn't RE5 and 6 huge fucking successes, like they broke Capcom sales record successes?
>>
What the fuck is Resident Evil's story anymore?
>>
About this VR issue, I think it's interesting. I've played a few VR things myself on the Rift, Vive, and PSVR. Actually I'm going to E3 today though that's not what my post is about. It's pretty fucking cool. The nice thing about RE7 is that it's not forcing you to use VR. But VR is actually pretty great, because you have great physical understanding of the environment through many natural perceptual cues, the immersion and feeling of actually being in the story, and being the person, is much greater. When you're playing a horror game on a monitor, when something comes at you, not even a jumpscare, but that is still scarey, you don't have the sense in your lizard brain that you're literally going to be torn apart, but you do in VR. Stuff like that and the option to have it is great. But in the end, it's all about execution, and they can still fail at that.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS OUTBREAK HD
>>
>>341266748

Resident Evil 6 bombed critically and under-performed sales-wise iirc.
>>
>>341266292
>Wanting to be forced to replay the same part of a game over and over again.
>>
>>341266362

Look, I don't hate the game. It had some really good ideas and cool moments but it is an absolute rollercoaster of quality. It's got some really shitty parts to go with the good, and doesn't scratch the consistent design of pre-WW Zelda. But this is a RE thread and this is neither here nor there.
>>
>>341266148
>first James un-JUSTs himself
>now it's Capcom's turn

The golden age is returning friends.
>>
>>341266883
>under-performed sales-wise
>second best-selling Capcom game
>>
File: 1379957176611.jpg (13 KB, 211x208) Image search: [Google]
1379957176611.jpg
13 KB, 211x208
we already have Outlast 2, Observer and even Prey 2 coming out in the future, why would ANYONE want Resident Evil to go this route is beyond me
>>
>>341264420
You don't need it, but god damn would it make the game scarier.

I don't care. I love the VR bandwagon.
>>
>>341261636
>its like he doesn't even know about outbreak and outbreak file #2
here is what happens between RE1 and Racoon City becoming infested with zombies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HcxMvprYa0
i really hate these nu-RE fans seriously
>>
>we've seen literally nothing but a demo on VR mode

>people are already assuming the entire game will be in first person like that
>>
>>341266737
>You're the cancer
>actually defending poor mechanics such as clunky combat
You can have smooth, functional combat without enemies being made trivial.
>>
>>341266737
Combat can still be bad even if it's supposed to be non optimal.
If the axe just swing through enemies with no impact like in elder scrolls it would feel like shit
>>
>>341255194

Wrong. 1 and 2 were objectively scary back then.
>>
>>341266748
RE5 did okay but RE6 did very poorly. It did so poorly Capcom even removed RE6 from the chronology and timeline on their official website. It was in every way a commercial failure to the point they tried to erase it and go completely backwards in another direction, which I like.

People don't want innovation and new style as a series change and technology gets better, they want the same exact game in higher definition and that's it.

In 2017 when RE7 is breaking records and lots of people are having fun with it, the vocal minority here will still be bitching that Capcom should have just made REmake in 4k instead.
>>
>>341267008
this

RE7 is literally just "we want the PewDiePie audience", yet here some retards stand calling the skeptics the casuals.
>>
>>341266737
No, Boring fucking games did that forget the actual game part.

I didn't like Gone Home, and I don't particularly find it all that more engaging if they have a ogabogaboga jump scare every once in a while.

The horror in horror games should come from the gameplay, not the flashy actions on screen, just watch a movie for that. True horror comes from knowing you haven't saved in an hour, and you walk slowly through a corridor hoping to come across a new safe room, knowing that at any time a zombie might pop up and one shot you because you have no health or herbs left. Not because the camera goes blurry and a sharp sound plays as you look at a monster walking around.
>>
Full song when?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.