[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get it now. People kept complaining that Resident Evil was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: heeeeeeeeelp.jpg (268 KB, 796x920) Image search: [Google]
heeeeeeeeelp.jpg
268 KB, 796x920
I get it now. People kept complaining that Resident Evil was too shootie shootie. That it wasn't scary anymore.

The people at Capcom have taken notice, and they went on a journey to see what scary is all about these days. They ventured onto Youtube, and checked out the latest horror games and the people that played them. Pewdiepie, markiplier and others, shouting, yelling into their microphones.

The stage was set for Resident Evil 7. This is what's scary these days. And this is exactly the game Capcom is making now. Better get your livestreams and facecams ready, because it's the only way you're gonna get something out of this game.
>>
>>341231968
>we have seen 0 combat

I mean it's good to stay pessimistic but don't you think we should wait a bit before judging. I mean this directions seems better than 6s at the very least and I'm a old flag who grew up on RE 1
>>
>>341231968
I'd rather have action Re6 than a game which main focus is to scare me

I think scaring games is so 13 year old pandering
>>
>>341232235
They have replaced the fun cast of previous Resident Evil games with the cast of Firewatch.
>>
>>341232235
What makes you think it has combat? Maybe it's just a "oh so scawy" simulator.
>>
>>341232535
>What makes you think it has combat?

t.pcuck

if you actually played the demo, you would know
>>
>>341232645
i did
it was a gone homo simulatator which is perfectly for a green haired tumblr fuck like you
>>
I think the RE5 and RE 6 was the right direction

Action/Survival is the best thing.. Silent Hill is the kind of game that dies after 2-3 hours of playing

RE5 had a decent story too and RE6 was not bad.
>>
>>341232645
I was able to open a drawer and a fridge by pressing the X button.

Very impressive.
>>
>>341232751
>>341232725

you guys keep digging through incomplete youtube videos ;)
>>
>>341232838
I also turned into a videotape recording. It was at that point that I stopped playing.
>>
>>341232535
You could be absolutely right but I really hope we see some complex puzzles, combat, inventory management.
>>
>>341232645
Throwing out insults because you can't prove the other guy wrong I see.
>>
HIJACKING THIS THREAD TO TALK ABOUT THE RESIDENT EVIL 7 "TEASER"

I got both(?) "endings". Fairly spoopy. Absolutely nothing like a Resident Evil game, wouldn't have been able to tell it was supposed to be (except for titles etc) except for the one tiny umbrella logo in a photo.

Played the demo? Thoughts? Does it actually have more to do than it seems, or is it really that short?
>>
>>341232898
I wouldn't call RE puzzles 'complex'.
>>
I have zero faith in Capcom nowadays in general but there's still a chance that this is just a teaser demo and has nothing to do with the actual game. Like, the game will formally start after the events in this part?
Because this is clearly not a RE game. And not the sort of reboot it needs.
>>
>>341233103
I would say judging by the retards who are actually excited for this crapfest would consider the puzzles in bioshock infinite to be complex
>>
Fuck capcom. It looks like they are going to fuck up REmake2.
>>
File: tumblr_mopmkk2XpV1stedbqo1_250.gif (2 MB, 245x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mopmkk2XpV1stedbqo1_250.gif
2 MB, 245x374
Bring back Sheva
>>
>>341231968
might as well make a new IP.

this pleases no one. they juyst don't get it do they?
>>
>>341232745
Kill yourself
>>
>>341233571
damn she was so hot.
>>
>>341233510
>It's a revisioning where Leon has a manbun and Claire has problem hair complete with tattoos and gauges
>>
>>341233103
No shit RE was not an adventure game but they were still fun to do.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
I recently replayed RE4 and I think it's the best of the series. I understand the nostalgia for the original series, but those games didn't age well. The writing is weird and the controls are awkward. They were popular when third-person shooters were new, but there's no functional reason to use tank controls and fixed camera angles in a new game.

>>341233919
I didn't say they weren't fun.I like the overlapping light puzzle in the church in RE4.
>>
>>341232725
made me kek
>>
>>341234135
>be little kid me
>colorblind
>playing on shitty tv
the red and green circles fucked me up for like 20 minutes straight
>>
>>341231968
There's no reason you can't be shootie and scary. Or at least creepy instead of scary (what kind of adult gets scared at video games?). The beginning of RE4 was pretty creepy.
>>
>other people will play this singleplayer game in a way I don't like
>it's gonna be shit

Fuck off. Amnesia, Outlast, PT and other popular "streamer" games are great. I'm glad that Capcom are going in a new direction. Resident Evil 0 - 3 are not scary by modern standards. I don't think it will be a 10/10, but I have my hopes.
>>
>>341234397
It's not that difficult if you don't pay attention to the center. If you concentrate on the three individual rings, you can see the thinner, pointy bits from the insignia.
>>
Looks more like a Silent Hill game than an RE game desu senpaitachi.
>>
Why does everyone seem so booty-bothered by the trailer?

I thought it was interesting.

Anyone know the song same?
>>
>>341234135
4 controls almost the same as the old games. Only thing that's vastly different about them is the camera angles.

Sounds like you dislike the older games because of the camera angles, not because of the controls.
>>
>>341234135
fixed camera angles are atmospheric.
>>
>>341235694
Yeah, 4 did feel really tanky.
>>
>>341235694
>>341236167
>I'm 12 and still care about comparing old RE games for 4chin cred
>>
File: 1465827725789.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465827725789.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>341236395
You're projecting
>>
You are all fucking retarded, the demo has controls for "aim" and "shoot" and you even find a fireaxe as a weapon within the demo itself.

As for the demo its clear they built it to ape and ride the hype from PT, capturing the horror audience before introducing players to the survival horror elements (combat, limited inventory etc.)

There is absolutely no reason for everyone to shit their pants, but this is /v/ and everyone is reactionary idiots so what do i know.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjZUbCpIi_U
>>
>>341235629
>>341236898
>>
>>341232535
the game has a combat setting in the menu

of course it's gonna have combat you mong
>>
If you take one second to do research, you can see in one of the gameplay videos when the player pauses, it shows "Aim Assist - On/Off"
>>
>>341234834
Honestly it looks better than shit like outlast and amnesia. At least it has combat and keeps its ready up weapon style. In a first person view this feels much more tense, like going back to fixed camera angle without terrible controls.

A lot of what the "streamer" games needed was a way to attack enemies without mowing down everything, it's fine giving players the illusion of being able to fight things.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.