[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have played all of the metal gear games in order of release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Kojima-Productions-Ludens-Face.jpg (227 KB, 905x1280) Image search: [Google]
Kojima-Productions-Ludens-Face.jpg
227 KB, 905x1280
So I have played all of the metal gear games in order of release within a 9 month span and have gotten hidden truth on mgs5. From someone who played the games in chronicolgical order; what's your opinion on the next game that Kojima is releasing in addition to what is your opinion on what the next Metal Gear game would be related or not?
>>
>>341226931
Don't ever post here again.
>>
There is no next Metal Gear game fampai.
>>
File: 1442622082645.jpg (21 KB, 228x229) Image search: [Google]
1442622082645.jpg
21 KB, 228x229
>>341226931
>From someone who played the games in chronicolgical order
>>
>>341226931
Metal gear is over, m8.

As for Kojimas new game, I'm willing to guve it a chance. I don't like his description comparing it to "uncharted and the divison", but knowing kojima it'll probably be fun.

That said, if he blows it on this one I'll KNOW that he's a hack. Policenauts, Snatcher, ZotE 2 and MGS 1-3 might have all been great, but the story of MGS5 was so heinously bad that I can't help but feel that Kojima just fluked out on all those other games. If this game is good then he'll be back in my good books.
>>
Can it be anymore obvious you're a newfag? Spend some time lurking on chan before you post at the very least
>>
>>341227594
I'm pretty sure it was just jadedness with 4 and 5.
He's been doing MGS for way too long.
I'm sure with a blank slate to make whatever game he wants is making reinvigorated again.
>>
>>341227898
I don't know. With 4 I was origionally pretty convinced that he was just taking the piss out of fans who took his games too seriously, but 5 is written so fucking terribly in such a bizarre way that I can't fathom how anyone with any shred of talent could write it. My only possible explanation if the next game turns out good is that 5 would have had good writing if he hadn't run out of time and money and had to just splice everything he already had together.
>>
>>341227594
>but knowing kojima
Except the part where in the last eight years he made a moviegame with incredible controls, a shitty portable with incredibly repetitive grinding, and a mediocre OTHERWORLDLY grindfest with little to no payoff plotwise.

He has absolutely no sense of balance, and his next game will embrace episodic content and bait fans of Division and Uncharted.
>>
>>341228291
Say what you wan't about the story or the cutscenes, but I've found the gameplay of every single metal gear solid game to be incredibly fun.
>>
File: MGS3-Pachinko-Autumn-2016.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MGS3-Pachinko-Autumn-2016.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>>341227117
You are wrong, matey
>>
>>341228243
V had some good writing but it was buried in the hundreds of tapes you got.
The intent was clearly you'd listen to the new tapes you've unlocked while making your approach to the next mission's location and scouting but most people a)would rather stick some music on and/or b) got sick of the tapes getting drowned out by gunfire
>>
>>341228735
The actual dialog is pretty great in some parts but the plot and world building is awful
>Parasites
>Skull Face's plan
>Rehashed MGS2 twist
>That scene in the car where skullface monologues and snake just idles
>Forced romance with the quiet and puddle jumping sequence
>I had a parasite that made me forget how to write
>I hypnotized the medic to the point where his voice is even the same as snake
>Volgin is back
>Kid Psycho Mantis
>Pain got his power from parasites
>chapter 2 seems out of place and abrupt
>Young liquid plotline just dropped with no resolution
>The entirety of human evolution was a result of parasites
>>
>>341229157
I thought it was End who got his powers from parasites, not Pain
>>
>>341229157
MSG4 and V use a different writer.

No point pissing over the small details, only the connections to the original Metal Gear 1+2, and Solid 1+2.

Even Metal Gear Solid 3 has retcon stuff in it that doesn't line up with original Metal Gear 1 and 2.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.