[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why? Why did this look so fucking MEDIOCRE? I've been giving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Why? Why did this look so fucking MEDIOCRE? I've been giving this game the benefit of the doubt since the Gamescom footage a while ago, and while they've cleaned up the framerate issues, the gameplay just looks beyond dull. The bow and arrow looks incredibly flimsy, you might as well be throwing pebbles at the bosses. Actually this is a problem with the combat as a whole, there's no impact to it. When the MC switched to dragon / melee form the attacks still looked weak and incredibly basic, or when he got flung onto the giant enemy crab's weak spot and started lightly banging on it for massive damage. Getting on the dragon isn't really an impressive feat either, you just float there and shoot some fireballs.

It almost feels like they wanted to replicate DMC except they forgot to include any semblance of fast paced action or in-depth combo system while also getting in on the Monster Hunter train with 4-player hunting co-op, except the combat looks completely brain-dead.

Is Microsoft getting their fingers too deep into the development or is this just one huge misstep for Plat / Kamiya?
>>
File: 1465788851709.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1465788851709.gif
2 MB, 330x270
I agree. The gameplay reminded me of a shitty neo-WOW raid boss fight.

I'm hoping they will have bosses require precise coordination to beat them instead of just "EVERYONE SHOOT HIM, NOW EVERYONE DODGE HIM, NOW KILL HIS ADDS" bullshit.
>>
>>341222572
They're shilling the co-op multiplayer too much. Where the fuck was the single player campaign stuff? We saw better footage last year.
>>
it look okay, but them seemingly dropping everything Platinum is about and going for open world RPG meme is disappointing
>>
I think that this game isn't trying to be fast paced action and is more about the bond with your dragon pal, but those moments aren't attention grabbing and platinum-like, so MS shows the action portions instead. I think Scalebound is closer to Okami than anything else
>>
It's a typical action game, that's why. It wasn't presented as anything more though so my expectations have always been kept low. Horizon really gives it a run for it's money though
>>
This is what happens when you mix mechanical gameplay and set pieces, they don't match.

Uncharted set pieces looks good because they completely focus on them and there is barely any gameplay.
Souls work because there is no set piece crap and it's almost just pure gameplay.

Scalebound and FFXV is trying to mix the two and it looks bad.
>>
>>341222572
>Why did this look so fucking MEDIOCRE?

Because you're a sonycuck.
>>
>NO MORE MESSING AROUND
>Music changes
>Headphones go on

>Continues to shoot his dinky rubber toy bow
>>
>>341222572
>thought it would make your micro penis hard
>instead it makes your microsoft
>>
>>341222572
they just showed the gameplay
it's pretty much lost planet
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.