[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong with this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Fire Emblem.jpg (74 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem.jpg
74 KB, 630x420
What went wrong with this series?
>>
No fucking clue.
They decided to turn it into devianart shipping shit for some reason.
They don't even bother pretending that you aren't self-inserting.
>>
>>341201556
Waifu Pandering
>>
>>341201556
Conquest was pretty good. It could be completely dead but they at least proved they could design traditional FE campaigns and cool maps.
>>
waifufags, you people are worse than pokemon furries
>>
>>341201556
Nothing. You're just a faggot.
>>
>>341201764
>>341202256
Every previous FE story was some guy being a dick and the dragons coming back, the story was always terrible. It's just more obvious now with the waifu flavor content.
>>
>>341202460
Play Genealogy or Path of Radiance.
>>
>>341201556
Pandering to the waifu crowd.
>>
>>341201556
Kaga left.

Someone please translate Berwick Saga.
>>
>>341201556
Self-insert hurts the writing since it has to be bland enough to be a self insert and work with a male/female character with minor alterations between them. They also kept going in FE12's direction with Awakening, but thankfully turned it around with FE14, especially the Conquest campaign.
>>
>>341201556
Dunno. But considering there's currently a fucking lets play thread active on an older title, I'm sure they did something wrong.
>>
"muh maps and old RNG gameplay" sold like shit starting sometime before the beginning of the decade and they made drastic changes in what was meant to be their swan song, but it sold well enough to continue

these drastic changes anger and confuse you
>>
>>341201556
Fan service got out of hand.

Trust me, I havn't played a single Fire Emblem game.
>>
>>341203318
>still using the "muh maps" bait when even people who started with Awakening can realize Conquest is the best game of the trio since it's the only one with well designed maps
If anything, Fates proved that waifu pandering will only get this series so far. The next game will need to follow in Conquest's footsteps and not just waifus or else it will fail.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.