[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth spending 30-50 dollars on a joystick for the purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Is it worth spending 30-50 dollars on a joystick for the purpose of good plane sim games
>>
This heavily depends on the sim you want to play. If you want to play a modern jet sim, you're going to need a hotas, and track IR.

If you want to play a WW2 a stick is enough, but you'll still want track ir.
>>
>>341197530
You definitely need a stick to properly play flight sims. You also should have some kind of throttle and rudder control, especially if you're playing a pre jet sim because the stick and rudder control matters even more than it does in a jet sim.
>>
>>341197952

I was mainly getting this for games like DCS World. I'm not going to spend that much money on WW2 games that I have like War Thunder

Though is the track ir really necessary?
they're not exactly cheap imo
wouldn't it be easier to just look around with the mouse?
>>
good joystick can easily costs $70
>>
>>341197530
no
>>
>>341200005
Yes, track IR is necessary. Very necessary.

SO IS A HOTAS. DO NOT JUST BUY A CHEAPO STICK WITH FOUR BUTTONS ON IT.
>>
>>341200005
I've never used trackir. If you don't have it, you just need to have padlock view available. You should still consider at least a twist grip for rudder control. You're kind of handicapped if you don't even have full control of the plane.
>>
If you want to go cheap get Thrustmaster HOTAS X or Saitek X52. If you're getting X52 make sure you buy it from a store with a good return policy.
>>
>>341200319
I mean I can easily see why a HOTAS is needed and important but the trackir seems to fit into the more fancy type stuff that isn't necessarily needed
>>
>>341197952
>$150 for some perephial to play 2 games at the most
'No'
>>
>>341201614
>>341201908
You are seriously handicapping yourself but not having something similar. There are free alternatives, facetracknoir and others, try one of those, but you're going to want some form of head tracking.
>>
>>341201505

why is a good return policy needed for the X52?

Also I was looking into buying something like this since it is cheap enough, does have a thrust function (though not really the best) and rudder function

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U
>>
>>341202453

I feel like a face tracker is really needed if you want to play really "major league gamer" against other players online and not more or less casual gameplay
Am i wrong?
>>
>>341202847
>why is a good return policy needed for the X52?
shitty QC because MadCatz
>>
>>341202453
Tell me why I would buy "head tracking" when the vr headsets have just been released?
>>
>>341204161
Buy one of those then! Same idea.
>>
>>341203309
It's a shame. My Fly3 would have been decent if not for the shitty little plastic tabs that broke on the two lower thumb buttons.
>>
>>341204880

I think I'm going to hold off on buying track ir let alone VR headsets before I'm sure that I will keep playing and enjoying the genre and the game
I'm not going to spend several hundred dollars just to get sick of the game
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.