[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It actually looks surprisingly good. https://www.youtube.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: horizon zero dawn robo.jpg (369 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
horizon zero dawn robo.jpg
369 KB, 1600x600
It actually looks surprisingly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xx3MdqdgM
>>
>>341190678

Guerrila Games just don't seem to be able to generate REAL hype.

I'm sure they'll make their money back with this game and it'll receive solid critic ratings, but the chance of this being some monstrous 90+ rating multimillion sale culture phenom seems pretty unlikely
>>
File: 1372673288457.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1372673288457.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>341190678
Eh, you think so? I don't know, I don't really see there being much to actually do. You press a button to get the weak spot, then just hit away at it a bit with a few different arrows.
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to actually do, there was a dialogue wheel, but it showed nothing at all because the conversation was completely pointless.
I also hope in the full game they tone back all those comments from the protagonist
>>
>never shutting the fuck up

no thanks
>>
It doesn't look terrible!

It DOES, however, have the very unfortunate quality of looking both very visually distinct, but cliche as fuck at the same time. I'm not sure how they pull that off, but it's quite an accomplishment.
>>
>>341191434
This.

I actually think the game could be fun, but the woman needs to shut the fuck up. I don't need to hear a line of dialogue for every fucking thing I do. Occasionally it's okay. As a constant it would be grating.
>>
just looks like the witcher with bayformers animal enemies
>>
>>341191469
>robo dino hunting
>cliche as fuck

At least learn a new word.
>>
>>341191728

everyone seemed okay with this in witcher 3
>>
>>341190678
muh strong independent womyn
>can over power a fucking robot
>saves a poor helpless man
>tells him what to do
>he runs like a coward while she goes to save lives because she doesnt run when lives are in danger or some shit

yeah no thanks
>>
Would be better if you were armed with sticks and stones and the game was less actiony.

What's the point in making everyone a primitive tribal if you're just going to give them high-tech stuff anyway?
>>
>>341192332
I honestly never played it.

I just hate when there's constant chatter.
>>
It has the unfortunate issue of having a main character and a story line, and I assume weapon diversity will be low as well.

If they had gone for a larger focus on hunting and killing giant botsaurs and making new gear they could have given Monster Hunter some much needed competition. The main character ought to be able to craft some fucking armor and weaponry with all the goddamn metal she's ripping off these things, but I assume you'll be wearing rags the entire game.
>>
>>341192353
thanks for your hot opinion, cuck
>>
I don't buy games with mandatory female protagonists.
>>
Far cry, but with robots and a MC that doesnt shut the fuck up ever
>>
>>341192583
I dont think a direct port of MH to PS4 will work in this generation. You'll need to structure the multiplayer to be more co-op friendly or turn it into a single open-ish world game (or just big mission maps)

Look at how forgetable that really Tokwami or whatever game was. It was basically copying MH formula and people didnt really give a shit.
>>
>>341191994
I know where you're coming from, and I agree, but I just can't help the overwhelming feeling of "I've been here before"
I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm just cynical.
>>
File: Aloy_Nora_lookout.png (624 KB, 567x953) Image search: [Google]
Aloy_Nora_lookout.png
624 KB, 567x953
>>341192583
>The main character ought to be able to craft some fucking armor and weaponry with all the goddamn metal she's ripping off these things, but I assume you'll be wearing rags the entire game.

There's like mech-infused armour so I'm almost positive you'll be able to craft your own shit
>>
>>341191150
Thry did it with killzone 2 tho
>>
Why do they keep pushing this STRONK WYMEN shit?

It's not how women think or behave.

Why do shitlibs hate human biology so much?
>>
>>341190678
>it just TELLS you their weakpoints and weaknesses
What the fuck ever, this isn't the pretty robo-Monster Hunter I wanted.
>>
>>341190678
I was kind of hyped before they showed that boss fight

all she did was dodge a MASSIVELY telegraphed big attack, run towards the camera, shoot a bow or other ranged weapons while backing up, rinse repeat

>the combat looked incredibly boring
>the protag wont shut the fuck up
>the voice acting in the dialogue sequence was flat and uninspired
>the dialogue wheel had minimal choices and indication what you were doing to say
>the dialogue was flat out terrible

if anything all this new information killed any hype I had from last year
>>
>>341190678
It looks bland as fuck just like every other open world shooter
>>
>>341190678
i thought it looked thoroughly dull. like somebody took the witcher 3 combat system but framed it around ranged combat instead of melee, could be fun but from that trailer i'm not seeing it.
>>
>>341190678
Looked really pretty. Too bad I'm not interested in open-world games.

>>341191728
>>341191434
It might just be scripted voice overs just for trailer purposes. I mean the footage looked somewhat scripted anyway.
>>
>>341193059
>Look at how forgetable that really Tokwami or whatever game was. It was basically copying MH formula and people didnt really give a shit.

It was super unpolished and had like 20 fucking monsters, and was extremely easy. There's a reason it went unnoticed.

A PS4 Monster Hunter port would absolutely work but it would have to BE MH to work. It's such a difficult to copy formula. Sure you can make knock offs but MH has monsters with personality, distinct attacks and behaviors, there's fuckloads of monsters, weapons, armor, etc.

On top of that Monster Hunter has 4 generations of content to pull from and improve on already, it's practically impossible to have a developer start from scratch and come anywhere NEAR the latest MH installation in content and polish.

Basically Monster Hunter has a goddamned monopoly on their genre, and no one is ever going to break into their territory.
>>
>>341194058
You forgot the lip sync.
>>
File: bootyheadreaction.jpg (15 KB, 216x260) Image search: [Google]
bootyheadreaction.jpg
15 KB, 216x260
>>341194058
How fucking contrarian can you be?
>>
File: 1465509383439.jpg (8 KB, 269x211) Image search: [Google]
1465509383439.jpg
8 KB, 269x211
>mfw it looks better than Zelda tomorrow

just end me
>>
>>341194679
did you really think the combat looked interesting?

it was like dark souls but easier, slower, and less complex
>>
>>341193370

Because the gameplay itself is nothing new. It's a third person action shooter with crafting mechanics on an open world.

But the setting really sets it apart. There's nothing that quite looks like this game that I can think of. Sure there are lots of post apocalypt games, but this is like a post-post apocalypt game.
>>
honestly the game feels like it has an identity crisis. Does it want to be a monster hunting survival game, or a story and narrative-driven based one?
>>
It's one of the better looking games at E3 but I can't help but feel that it's going to be like a Ubisoft open-world game, wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle
>>
It's literally the hunger games
The main character is even Jennifer Lawrence-esque
Also, no one will care about it be serious
>>
>>341191150
>Guerrila Games just don't seem to be able to generate REAL hype.
its because their main guy harambe died, everyone knows he was the mastermind behind it all
>>
>>341190678
Too bad it's stuck on a console that requires a paid subscription to even play anything online.
>>
>>341192353
how's that redpilled lifestyle treating ya, incel?
>>
>>341192353
Found the MRA MGTOW faggot
>>
>>341192332
Didn't happen nearly as much. Mainly only during investigations. And horse riding, but that's actually what you do when riding a horse.
>>
>>341195354

This game is confirmed single player only, knock yourself out.
>>
File: 1417810770228.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1417810770228.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>>341194679
>makes good points
>c-contrarian baby!

every time
>>
>>341191434
>>341191728
My guess is it's just a masked tutorial with her talking directly to the player about something new.
>>
>>341190678
This company has never made a good game. Why would they start now? They focus on graphics and shit gameplay.
>>
>>341195571
you never know. Red Dead did that shit for the whole fucking game and more
>>
>female protagonist

Dropped. I don't play feminist games.
>>
>>341194994
I'm willing to see it through.

The second it turns out the big bad is some super-advanced human civilization controlling the robodinosaurs, or it's a The Village situation where the tribal people are on a nature reserve or some shit, I'm fucking OUT
>>
This is a classic "Watch tons of Youtube videos after the game releases to see if it's not shit" game.
>>
>>341195571

It was just a scripted trailer, I don't know why they did that shit again.

But if you watch Sony's TGS press conference last year, they had someone actually playing it live on stage and she's much more silent.
>>
>>341195549
>This game
What about all the other games though?
Horizon admittedly looks really cool. But who would ever buy a console for a single game, and Horizon at that?
It can't even play Bloodborne or Grand Kingdom properly, not to mention the many fighting games or Gundam or whatever. It's completely and utterly ridiculous.
>>
I could find the game actually fun.
Nothing special, but nothing I'd be angry at while playing.

But for the love of god, Protagonist Lady needs to shut the fuck up.

If I use the scan feature to look an an enemy and see it's weak to fire, there is no fucking need for her to say "It's weak to fire".
I know bitch, it's right there.

It's like they are trying to increase immersion by having her comment on everything, which actually hurts it more since it's now making her more a puppet I'm controlling instead of me putting myself in her place.
>>
>>341196023

Paid online is here to stay. I'm not going to waste my time defending it, weight it against your other priorities bro.
>>
>>341191994
>>341193370
Literally everyone and their wifes son has thought of robot dinosaurs when they were a kid
The only thing special about the setting is that it was made, even though absolutely everyone has conceived of the world before
I don't really see too much depth yet, but... I'll probably have to wait for release to see any
>>
File: corgan-3.28.2014-635x365.jpg (49 KB, 635x365) Image search: [Google]
corgan-3.28.2014-635x365.jpg
49 KB, 635x365
>>341195967
>last year's footage must be a better representation of the game
>>
>>341196083
You mean you don't talk out all your observations out loud!?
What kind of a freak are you?
>>
>>341196331

The game actually looks exactly the same, I can't spot any visual upgrades or downgrades. Don't know what you're on about.
>>
I just want to point out that Horizon: Zero Dawn is a dumb name.

Horizon, just by itself would've been perfect.

Or hell, even "Zero Dawn" would've been snappy and catchy.

The three words together though just sound like a really bad game of Mad-Libs.
>>
File: 1368846013424.png (129 KB, 339x298) Image search: [Google]
1368846013424.png
129 KB, 339x298
>>341190678
I honestly can't say. It looks "functional" like any other modern AAA game, but so far we've only seen combat. What is the larger flow of the game like? How open is it in the end? Is the MC really going to narrate every fucking action you do, be it combat or menu?
And either way it's simply not setting my pants on fire for some reason.
>>
>>341196363
Well, now when I do it she comments on it too.
I don't like echos.
>>
>>341196865
it does feel like they just threw about bunch of cool words together to make the title
>>
>>341196865
This, especially. It has a terrible title.

Also, I was excited when I learned Chris Avellone was going to be working on the game, but so far the story seems really barebones.
>>
>>341192353
I knew some anal pained tfwnogf fucker would say some shit like this. Look, I get you and all, but there wasn't a hint of that MUH STRUNG WOMYN bullshit in the game.

It actually looks pretty decent, however an anon earlier in the thread said it also sort of seemed a bit cliche, which, he's right. Another anon had said that we don't even know what other sort of shit you can do in the game, which would also be a really important thing to touch upon. Because if this is most of what it has to offer, that's a pretty shallow game, despite how pretty it is, and how interesting of a concept it is.
>>
>>341192353
Ironic shitposting, still shitposting, you know the rest.
>>
The combat doesn't look too incredible or anything, and I hate that character, but honestly the setting is interesting enough they I'm still considering getting it if it turns out alright.
>>
File: 1268041749167.jpg (28 KB, 436x291) Image search: [Google]
1268041749167.jpg
28 KB, 436x291
>>341196865
Werd.
Especially since none of those words really capture what the game is all about, nor does "Zero Dawn" even mean anything. I know it doesn't make the game any worse, but still, god damn.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.