[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So much for $379. For real tho when will I be able to buy a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (150 KB, 1049x653) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
150 KB, 1049x653
So much for $379.

For real tho when will I be able to buy a third party GTX 1070 for what Nvidia said they would cost?
>>
>>341100372
That's a non reference model. Only reference model is 380$.
Reference = Founders.
>>
>>341100827
You are dumb.

GTX 1070 standard model MSRP: $379
GTX 1070 Founders Edition MSRP: $449

Only the Founders Edition cards are supposed to be above $379. I could stomach one of these being like $400 max but past that it's just a cash grab.
>>
>>341100827
Reference ≠ Founders
>>
>>341101617
>Only the Founders Edition cards are supposed to be above $379
The $379 price was the cost for AiB partners to buy the card and stick their cooler on it. It was never intended to be some kind of maximum price for consumers, it's the minimum that a partner could sell it at, hence it being the MSRP.
>>
>>341103650
Manufacturer
Suggested
Retail
Price

"We suggest you sell it at this price, because that's what it's worth."

As I said, they are no different than a reference model except for a fan and MUH LED's XDD
>>
EVGA always jacks up the price because they advertise overclocking/custom cooling memes on all of their products.
>>
>>341104765
So you think maybe an MSI or ASUS card would be better? Lower price?
>>
>>341100372
Well they're all sold out instantly for the next month or so, you might as well wait.
>>
How sbout you wait a few monthd for blsck friday instead of splurging on the latest gpu? Fucking pcucks NEVER EVER
>>
Why do you want a GTX 1070? Are you playing at 1440p or playing at 144hz?
>>
>>341106313
Yes
>>
>>341105831
>go out to buy gpu on black friday
>get trampled
>get shot
worth?
>>
>>341105831

>spending $400 is 'splurging'

get out of here you poorfag with your shitty toaster
>>
You can really get by with a 960 or 970 for a few more years if you are playing at 1080p or you dont mind turning down quality settings in the latest games.
>>
>>341107072
you're paying four hundred dollars on a single gpu so you can play the same 10 games that a $300 console plays
>>
>>341107572
What console plays Arma 3 and DCS?
>>
>>341107528
I don't like being behind the times.
>>
>>341104764
Low supply, high demand. MSRP for new tech never EVER equates to actual retail price, this has been the case since the beginning.
>>
>>341108531
1080p 60fps isn't behind the times, it's the market standard for PC gaming. Only 3-4% of PC gamers play at resolutions higher than 1080p. It's a niche market that is growing very slowly.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.