[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So am I the only one who remembers that the plot of Quake III
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: quake3logo3.jpg (18 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
quake3logo3.jpg
18 KB, 1024x768
So am I the only one who remembers that the plot of Quake III was that evil elder gods kidnapped the best warriors through time and space to force them to fight eternally for their amusement?

How does having a new class based shooter set in the Quake universe deviate from that in any way?

If you want a solid arena shooter you can play Quake Live, why would they release another arena shooter that would compete with their existing product?
>>
Classes suck.
>pick up weapon
>be a shooty tooty
>>
>>341054543
so you are saying overwatch is the new quake?
>>
>>341054543
Quake Live is deader than dead and Quake needed a new game anyway
>>
File: merchant.jpg (104 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
merchant.jpg
104 KB, 501x585
>>341060795
old game bad
new game good
buy new game goyim
>>
>>341054543
>plot
>>
>>341054543
That was what some people call a "excuse plot", only the ps2 version bothered to put more enphasis on it.
>>
Characters having abilities doesn't necessarily mean class-based. It could just be a classic arena shooter (with deathmatch and all) where every characters has a special ability (that makes sense like Visor's wallhack in the trailer)

I can see Uriel hovering a bit, Anarki would be able to do some unique moves with his hoverboard, Klesk should have a special Ayy ability, etc.

They should be disabled for duel mode and that would be strange to justify that in that universe I know.

...I know I'm going to be disappointed but to me it sounds really good when you see it like that.
>>
I just wanted a D44M-style reboot with the aesthetic of Quake 1.
>>
>>341054543
>So am I the only one who remembers that the plot of Quake III was that evil elder gods kidnapped the best warriors through time and space to force them to fight eternally for their amusement?

no you googled it because you are passionate about defending the rape of quake and you sought a way to legitimize it.
>>
>>341068383
That's exactly how I think they're going to implement it.

I mean in the trailer they have a weapon pickup, there's no way they'd tie weapons to classes
>>
>>341054543
>If you want a solid arena shooter you can play Quake Live, why would they release another arena shooter that would compete with their existing product?
this is basically what i'm thinking
i mean, to be completely honest; a new quake game that plays exactly like the old school arena shooters just will not sell enough
there just isn't enough gamers who would buy it, even if they slap the quake name on it
so if i want to play a game with a tiny player base, i might as well play QL
it's either switch up the formula or not make a new game
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.