[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anything I shoulв know before going in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: beyond-good-and-evil-hd-7.jpg (301 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
beyond-good-and-evil-hd-7.jpg
301 KB, 1280x720
Anything I shoulв know before going in?
>>
It's great.
>>
>>341049257
All you need to know is that Jade is CUTE and Pey'j is a total bro.

also sequel NEVER
>>
File: 2 - KKUqK3G.jpg (142 KB, 704x1124) Image search: [Google]
2 - KKUqK3G.jpg
142 KB, 704x1124
One of my favorites. A part of me desperately wants a sequel, yet another part knows they'll fuck it up.
>>
>>341049257
Combat is pretty shit but the rest of the game is charming and great.
>>
PROPAGANDA
>>
>>341049661
I don't why Ubisoft hasn't made a sequel. They love pumping out sequels, what the fuck are they thinking?
>>
HOLLY HOLLY
'BOUT TO RUIN THAT ASSHOLE
>>
>>341049971
Would you really want modern Ubisoft anywhere close to this game?
>>
>>341049257
The final boss fight is an annoying piece of shit.

>>341049961
This nigga knows whats up.
>>
>>341050432
>Becomes an fps game where your camera marks enemies and you have to climb Domz pillars to put a special Iris news beacon on top
>>
>>341050432

>climb towers to reveal city area with your camera
>destroy DomZ communication towers
>save random civilians from DomZ
>capture DomZ outposts
>use camera to tag enemies and see through walls
>press X to parkour
>endless trash collectibles instead of pearls

Yeah I'd prefer it stayed dead
>>
>>341050432
I'd rather they straight up announce it as canceled or release ANYTHING than keep it as vaporware. I'd rather have a franchise ruined than be vaporware.
>>
>>341049961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkd-P2vaIc4&list=PLB9C4B4E92DF754C4&index=31
>>
The combat and camera both suck. The stealth is so simple that a little child could do it.
Pacing is all over the place, there are 2 main big areas (2 hours each), a 2-minute stealth section, and a final area with no enemies.

If you can stomach all that, it's a good game.

The point of no return is when you go to the moon.
>>
File: 1288981820278.jpg (67 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
1288981820278.jpg
67 KB, 800x488
>>341050673
>That fucking final boss fight
what were they thinking
>>
>>341052618
I still haven't beaten it. I just can't be bothered to at this point.
>>
>>341052521
Camera is fine, but you're right about combat and stealth.

It's a very simple game, very obvious plot and plot twists, it's really just the presentation, world building, and characters that make the game a classic.
>>
Camera is shit.
PC port is shit.
Game is okay until it crashes.
>>
>>341049971
There's an interview somewhere where they mention they'd love to, but execs wouldn't let them. They said that it doesn't look like that from the outside, but their team always bore the mark of "commercial failure" for Beyond Good and Evil.

Also, they probably rushed the development of the first game, they didn't want to stuff any more cash in it. Remember how the final area has no enemies, and the story is revealed in a conversation 5 minutes before the end?
>>
>>341052921
>PC port is shit.
How?
>>
>played BG&E dubbed in dutch
>it was actually a really good dub
>in a time where dubs of mostly anything were complete dogshit
Man, I enjoyed this game so much. Fucking love it.
>>
>>341050673
>>341052618
>>341052784
Oh come on, It's not that bad. All he does is reverse your controls. It doesn't take long to adjust to that. I think I died maybe 3 times before I got used to it.
>>
>>341052785
The camera is shit, specially if you're playing with a mouse, and on the HD edition, if you're playing with the Hovercraft. I've heard many times the term "camera loves to hug the wall" for those PS1/PS2-era games, but Beyond Good and Evil was the first time I saw it in action.

The worst thing is how the camera becomes fixed in combat/stealth, but if you try to run away from those sections, the camera goes back to normal and you keep running straight at enemies.

The game is a cult classic? Yes. But if I played it back then for 1 hour, just reaching the Factory, I understand why people didn't buy this game.
>>
>>341053293
There's a flickering textures problem that was never solved, and even if you turn Compatibility Mode on, it still happens in a few effect-intensive scenes (like, the first boss...). The game crashes out of nowhere too, although I've never got a crash in this machine - but I installed it on my brother's, and he could only play 30 min chunks at a time, because it kept crashing.
>>
>>341053654
To be honest I didn't mind so much. If I could just get past that bit, I'd be fine. That's what I kept telling myself. Then I realized I couldn't get hit once, otherwise I'd be stuck in that phase. Then I read that shit gets turned upside-down on top of the retarded reversed controls "don't get hit" wankery, and decided that I was done.
>>
>>341054142
There's a set pattern. I just wrote it on paper and looked at it. However, this is still bullshit, because you have to use your special attack somewhere in the middle of the pattern, and there's barely enough time to charge it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.