[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft E3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: MSFT_logo.png (45 KB, 1870x690) Image search: [Google]
MSFT_logo.png
45 KB, 1870x690
For real. What are the chances of Microsoft bringing paid online onto Windows 10?

If Microsoft are bringing over all their Xbox One games onto Windows 10, but the games are free to play online on PC but not on Xbox, that would be kind of weird.
>>
>>341036029
First Windows 10 store games need to succeed, which hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen.
>>
If anything, I'm assuming they'll do the opposite.

Remove the necessity for Gold on accounts, but make it like PS+ used to be in that you'll get the games every month if you're a paid member.

You already don't need Gold to use media apps, and one Gold subscription can be used for every account on a console. I could only assume that Gold isn't going to be required, and Sony is going to be left with the "why are we still charging then" question.
>>
>>341036231
PS+ is mandatory for online play now.
>>
>>341036287
he said "used to be"
>>
>>341036287
That's why I said how PS+ used to be. Just a service to provide you with the old ass games that no one will really buy anymore. At least, hopefully. I'm already pretty excited about the new leaked bone, as I'm digital only and my current one has a 500GB HD in comparison to the fucking monstrous 2TB one in the new one, hoping for some trade in deals. If they do as I'm hoping, I won't have to spend the $35 this year.
>>
>>341036701
500GB xbone sucks, Halo 5 takes up like 1/5 of your usable storage. I got a 1TB external drive for $15 and use that with mine now.
>>
>>341036029
>>
>>341036883
Yeah, with MCC and 5 installed I'm already at like fucking 120GB used, ridiculous. My external is already full from PC shit, sadly.
>>
>>341036029

0% chance.

They tried it before and it failed hard. Not only that but if you're on PC you are not forced to use Microsofts platform for online games, you have the choice of using another platform which if you own a console is not a choice.
>>
>>341036231
>If anything, I'm assuming they'll do the opposite
Would they really though? Wasn't their subscription services about the only thing that actually brought in money for the Xbox?
Would they really cut that off after it has become more accepted than ever with Sony jumping on ship?

I really do fear that it will become an industry wide standard. Nintendo and PC are the only two gaming platforms left aside from mobile where you can play online without having to pay an extra fee to the platform holder.
>>
>>341037517

Well, they've been riding the "We want to get back on with PC, we want PC and Xbox to be in the same environment, etc etc" train for the past few months, what better way to do so than saying "HEY PC PEOPLE, YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND $60 TO PLAY OUR GAMES WHEN WE RELEASE EM ON PC".

Maybe I'm too hopeful.
>>
>>341036231
>>341036231
>If anything, I'm assuming they'll do the opposite.
>and Sony is going to be left with the "why are we still charging then" question.
If they do this, Microsoft will become the saviours of gaming. And I never thought I would say that.
>>
>>341037901
I'm not holding my breath, but the way they've been jerking themselves off on twitter, I'd be surprised if they don't pull something crazy ala BC announcement from last year out of their ass.
>>
They'll try to add a sub fee to windows store games, get BTFO, and slink back to their caves to think up their next scheme.
>>
>>341036231
>You already don't need Gold to use media apps

Last time I checked I needed Gold to use Netflix.
>>
>>341038572
I'll check right now.
>>
pc main here
mad i'm missing this one conference, if they're really serious about pc they should ditch the "app" approach they've been taking on the store, too many fucking restrictions for no added bonus to the consumer whatsoever
>>
>>341038291
>get BTFO, and slink back to their caves to think up their next scheme.
I am so incredibly sad that this didn't happen with Sony. Instead they were met with applause and everyone have just been eating it up ever since.
It's depressing.
>>
>>341038572
You don't need Gold to use media apps anymore, they changed the policy in 2014.
>>
>>341039297
Are you fucking kidding me.

Fuck. I haven't been using my Xbox to enjoy watching Netflix in my bed because my Gold ran out and I didn't think I could use Netflix.
>>
>instead of being excited for what new marvels of technology and videogames E3 will bring us, we now worry about what restrictions and limitations the companies will put on us
How did it ever even get this bad?
>>
>>341036029
Don't give them ideas.
>>
>>341039606
It's the same with the world, at this point. Just slowly waiting for my rights to get rolled back.
>>
>>341036219
Thank God. The "store" reminds me of an app store I'd find on a fucking mobile device. Shitty all around.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.