[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DayZ fans, will we learn anything regarding beta and final release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: header[1].jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
46 KB, 460x215
DayZ fans, will we learn anything regarding beta and final release during the PC gaming conference today?
>>
Fuck Dean, ran away with the money and abandoned the game
>>
Nah I think they already said on twitter that it won't be anything we don't already know
>>
>>341025923
this game is still a thing ?
>>
>>341025923
My friend has almost 1000 hours spend on this game. Just why?
>>
didn't the DayZ train come and go like 4 years ago?
>>
>>341027106
Barely, only around 5k, 10k at peak. Pretty dead for a game that brags about selling 1 million+ copies.
>>
>>341027628
*2 million+
>>
>>341027106
It's still going. While the development is really slow the game is getting better and better with every patch.
>>
>>341028080
it's still trash, no reason to play sa over the mod.
>>
H1Z1 is pretty fun if you want dayZ with less bugs
>>
>>341028153
Except the mod is pretty much dead? There are like two vanilla servers that aren't always empty.
>>
>>341028307
ye you're not supposed to play vanilla, play dayzero shit is god tier.
>>
File: 1455742409141.png (25 KB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
1455742409141.png
25 KB, 400x340
>>341027106
>tfw bought ARMA2 just because to play DayZ years ago
>play it for only some time and get bored fairly quickly
>think it will eventually get better and get more updates and so on
>mfw current state of this game
>>
>>341028614
I saw an interview from someone from the team a while ago. I just felt they ultimately had no idea what to do.
>>
>>341028080
Better and better and still not what I wanted out of it. In the end it will never be what I naively wanted it to be. It's in Beta now right? Meaning there will not be more major features added. Ever. That was what Alpha is supposed to be.

I have come to terms with what I thought was an unfinished game with potential was just the finished game but buggier. I see updates and they add guns, equipment, vehicles etc- and I don't give a shit! After you've played DayZ for a while and figured it out, it just completely deflates and there's no point to playing anymore. Why get geared up? I'm just going to die in a couple shots later in a firefight (or more likely I'll just die randomly without a known cause). Why explore? I've seen most of the map now and most everything uses the exact same buildings to the point where it is very difficult to tell any one town from the next.

There's no plot, no score, no progress, and the only thing you'll ever discover is the occasional new piece of gear that will help you obtain your next piece of gear. There just isn't any intrinsic value in playing. DayZ doesn't feel good to play the way most other shooters do. Again something I thought they would fix, but if they could fix that they would have done it for Arma already. Unless DayZ adds SOMETHING- some goal, some purpose, people will just continue to play it for a while and drop it.

Fuck I am so disappointed in this game
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.