[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they fuck up this badly when all the other games are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-DMC2FrontCover[1].jpg (25 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
250px-DMC2FrontCover[1].jpg
25 KB, 250x355
How did they fuck up this badly when all the other games are so great?

What were they smoking?
>>
And you wonder why /v/ loves the new DmC so much, the old ones are bad and outdated.
>>
Dunno anon. Story wise he's probably extremely lonely despite being at his strongest. Everything seems to have gone to shit in the far future. You don't see people around, mostly demons. Given what he went through in the prequel novel, he probably just wants to get shit done.

I can see why he was eager to go all the way into Hell at the end.
>>
should I just skip to 3? it's really hard to play 1 and 2 now... tfw never played dmc but you really want to even back then.
>>
Better question
what this guy >>341020480 smoked to be so retarded beyond repair?
>>
>>341020480
I dunno if outdated is the right word but I don't think the series is particularly strong. DMC2 is clearly awful though at least DMC3 is a pretty good game.
>>
>>341020372
Can someone explain why this is supposed to be bad apart from memes and buzzwords?
>>
>>341020768
3 and 4 are the only good ones anyway

1 was extremely revolutionary when it came out, but it aged the worst
>>
>>341020768
Yeah, 1 is clearly a functional proof of concept and 2 is not good, and not like you have to worry about lore, franchise is very light on the stuff.
>>
>>341020372

I liked it a lot. My favorite part was how there were completely optional devil triggers. And it introduced the style system.
>>
>>341020372
From what I heard/remember Capcom kicked the original team off the project, and got new people to make DMC2. They fucked up royally and Itsuno was sent in at the end to salvage as much as possible.
>>
>>341021059
>>341020982
thanks. will give it a go on ps3 again then get 4 for ps4
>>
File: 207.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
207.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>341020768
My nostalgia still allows me to play 1 and thoroughly enjoy it, but thats just me. I loved the spooky, almost semi-horror atmosphere it had.

2 is as barebones as it gets. Simple combat mechanics, short playtime, only a few weapons. I'd skip it.
>>
>>341020891
It's not bad, just terribly average, especially when compared to the lofty standards set by the original. Which itself has aged, understandably as it started out as the original Resident Evil 4.
>>
File: 111.gif (1 MB, 285x212) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
1 MB, 285x212
>>341020891
Get a hold of the HD collection for PS3.

Play 1 through 3, back to back.

Then we'll talk.
>>
>>341020768
How is it hard to play 1? Just play the HD collection.
>>
>>341021942
didn't age well even on hd collection
>>
>>341021942
This.

My only gripe with 1 is the sometimes cumbersome camera, but its not game-breakingly bad.
>>
>>341022223
nah, it's fine
by many criteria it's still the unsurpassed by the sequels
>>
>>341020372
Game was in the possession of a director not even Kamiya will disclose before Itsuno showed up.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.