[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, Just finished Dark Souls. I don't get why people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
Hey /v/,

Just finished Dark Souls.

I don't get why people think its so fun. The only challenging part was the Tomb of Giants and only because of the sneaky pit falls.

I don't understand even after finishing it. Why do people like this game?
>>
>>341001679
Autism
>>
>>341001679
I thought the variety of weapons, enemies and locations was really fun and varied.

I did find it challenging, but fair and enjoyable.

Boss fights and co-operation in those in particular was also a blast.
>>
>>341001897
Op here,

Ill admit I really enjoyed summoning others to my game to help with boss fights. Its too bad I couldn't summon friends tho.

Is this fixed in ds2? I think playing it with a buddy might make it more enjoyable.
>>
>>341002446
There is a ring that you can get from the cat that let's you have a better time 2 had the best online. Also the dlc is better than the base game
>>
>>341002446
There is a ring that both players have to equip so they have higher chances to get summoned by oneanother. Better than DS1 but not optimal.

DS3 is the one that really fixed it with a password system.
>>
>>341002446
>summons

Oh you so didn't really beat the game then.
>>
>>341001679
I liked it for the exploration, and the freedom in fighting styles
>>
>>341002446
>hey i finished dark souls
>i summoned :^)
You disgust me.
>>
>>341001679
>>341002446

>This game isn't hard at all!
>*summons*

Not like the game is really tough solo either, though, greatshields are easy mode and magic is baby mode
>>
>>341004092
>exploration
>tons of piss walls everywhere
>>
>>341005053
I mean sure, but you are constantly finding new stuff too. First time I walked into ash lake was awesome.
>>
>>341002446
there is a mod that lets you connect to specific people in das 1
>>
>>341001679
>fun
>implying

Dank Souls is just a stupid meme game, OP
>>
>>341001897
>fair
I will never understand why the word "fair" gets thrown around to describe these games. DaS1 in particular.

The player has such a massive advantage over almost every enemy in the game, in that he can just roll through everything and fish for backstabs, I don't really understand how it's "fair".

The only difficult game in the series was 2, but that's the one everyone whines about is the least fair.
>>
The first time I played the game, I dropped it right after the first boss in undead burg. My build was shit because I underestimated the game's difficulty and kept trying to use dumb strats like punching or not wearing armor. Second time, I got a little further but just got bored of grinding so much for souls. Third time was the first time I played online so I could read messages warning about bullshit traps, I actually got the build right, and zipped through pretty much everything and finished the game. It's a good game, but a lot of it is based on trial and error. It reminds me a lot of old NES games in that way where you go from dying constantly to being a wizard just because you know what's coming ahead of time.
>>
File: 1464846038612.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1464846038612.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>341004000
>>341004250
>Ignore one of the core mechanics of the game or else you're not welcome in our kool kidz klub!

There are about 3 bosses that are difficult enough to warrant being proud of yourself for beating them solo, and even then only if you did it on your very first try without dying and learning from your failure.
>>
>>341008503
you probably rushed it too much
every trap is avoidable apart from asylum one - that one is supposed to teach you to expect stuff like that
some people don't get it even after the burg barrel
>>
>>341002446
>Is this fixed in ds2? I think playing it with a buddy might make it more enjoyable.
DaS2 has a few bosses, all optional, that are specifically designed for coop play.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.