[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch is a classic example of what's wrong with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: shitsuxfags.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shitsuxfags.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Overwatch is a classic example of what's wrong with the gaming industry in terms of creativity and innovation. It is literally a concept stolen from Valve (in the form of TF2) and has very little depth. I've spent about 30 hours playing it so far and what I see is a game that has been copied from a better game, hobbled to make less skilled players seem better and deep down has some major balance issues that will become very apparent once hardcore gamers start really steamrolling other teams. It has a microtransaction system that would like to bleed players of money for random item boxes that may or may not contain something cosmetically valuable (but not valuable in virtually any gameplay sense).
It will be successful, and I think it will have longevity, but it will also water down both the category of games that it's in (FPS) and possibly water down player skills in general. Having watched innovation in vast sections of the industry slowly wither, seeing Blizzard cash-in on this like they did with Diablo III is disappointing, but understandable. It doesn't mean that gaming is dead or that I believe that true innovators aren't out there working hard, but it does mean that the industry is moving closer to a stagnation point where most titles will be low-rent rehashes of previous innovative games. A lot like Hollywood's current addiction to endless reboots and remakes and sequels. Interestingly, one of the things that might save us from this fate is new hardware (VR), and the possibility that it will draw back in real creatives and risk-takers into the space.
>>
>>340990484
TF2 was hardly a groundbreaker itself.
>>
>>340990484
Then ask for a refund.
If you dont like it dont support it
>>
File: 1460757224655.jpg (102 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1460757224655.jpg
102 KB, 500x628
>>340990484
>>
>>340990484

Is this the new pasta?
>>
tf2 released with 5 maps and the most complex thing you could do was rocket jump.
>>
All these fucking kids saying tf2 was the first of its kind.
The only thing it did first was ripping you niggas off majorly
>>
>>340990484
Nigga why not just say you're poor?
Quicker to read
>>
>>340991219
Reaper and Mercy edit of this when
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-12+at+06.33.24).jpg (87 KB, 597x600) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-12+at+06.33.24).jpg
87 KB, 597x600
>>340990484
Someone didn't play vanilla TF2 it was broken mess m8.
>>
>>340991568
>I've spent about 30 hours playing it so far
>>
File: 1448350779052.gif (1 MB, 305x280) Image search: [Google]
1448350779052.gif
1 MB, 305x280
>>340990484
TF2 is a classic example of what's wrong with the gaming industry in terms of creativity and innovation. It is literally a concept stolen from a mod (in the form of TF classic) and has very little depth. I've spent about 30 hours playing it so far and what I see is a game that has been copied from a better game, hobbled to make less skilled players seem better and deep down has some major balance issues that will become very apparent once hardcore gamers start really steamrolling other teams. It has a microtransaction system that would like to bleed players of money for glowing hats (but not valuable in virtually any gameplay sense).
It will be successful, and I think it will have longevity, but it will also water down both the category of games that it's in (FPS) and possibly water down player skills in general. Having watched innovation in vast sections of the industry slowly wither, seeing Valve cash-in on this like they did with L4D2 is disappointing, but understandable. It doesn't mean that gaming is dead or that I believe that true innovators aren't out there working hard, but it does mean that the industry is moving closer to a stagnation point where most titles will be low-rent rehashes of previous innovative games. A lot like Hollywood's current addiction to endless reboots and remakes and sequels. Interestingly, one of the things that might save us from this fate is new hardware (VR), and the possibility that it will draw back in real creatives and risk-takers into the space.
>>
Things in ow that keep it at a 6/10: babbyshit ultimates that you barely have to do shit for, mei and her hold button to freeze no skill gimmick, tracer, shite map design ( especially egypt level where the final point is 2 secs from spawn), unlimited ammo (nitpicky but right now I think it sucks and is babby)
>>
Overwatch is babbies first fps and what sucks is that since it's popular even games like quake are following suit. This kills the gaming industry
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.