[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Just Played Battlefield 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_0603.jpg (133 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0603.jpg
133 KB, 800x800
I'm an ARMA and Red Orchestra elitist and I just played Battlefield 1. What would you like to know?

I'll share some things:
>Ridiciclous amount of automatic weapons for WWI
>tanks fly around at 40 MPH
>the blimps ARE player controlled but railed for the most part
>teamwork and squadwork are critical
>user interface is minimal like in ARMA, but the constant +1,000 XP HEADSHOT pop-ups still exist
>Uniform inconsistencies, for example the Germans wearing WWII Stahlhelms instead of WWI Stahlhelms
>>
>>340990171
Was it fun?

I'm not autistic enough to care about the historical accuracy.
>>
Is there any benefit to being in a blimp?

It just seems like a giant target.
>>
So it's arma for casuals?
>>
>>340990171
How BLACKED was it?
>>
>>340990171
Leave. Your lack of /k/nowledge is disgusting me.
>>
File: snoopy doge.png (2 MB, 1860x2160) Image search: [Google]
snoopy doge.png
2 MB, 1860x2160
>someone tells snoop doge to put on a gas mask because of the gas
>he doesn't

the madman
>>
>>340990610
yeah dude bf is totally like arma
>>
>>340990519
It's mechanically no different from BF3/4's gunship

As in, you get to shoot down on players for free and they can't retaliate, then as the planes are about to blow up your blimp you just press E and parachute to safety.

Not OP btw, this was just obvious from the gameplay.
>>
>>340990171
dropped

fuck that shit, I don't want a fucking run and gun game, for fucks sake, WW2 had a shitload of good bolt action and lever action guns.
>>
>>340990382
It was actually fun and I might even consider getting it. I was disappointed in BF3 but I might consider getting this installment.

>>340990519
The blimp is called in for the losing team, and it's so game-changing that they recommend that the entire team focus all their firepower on it until it's destroyed. There's AA in the game BTW

>>340990610
Based on the style, it was more like Red Orchestra for casuals

>>340990686
All unseen advertisements, future trailers, and posters include a lot of POC, mostly African-American
>>
>>340990954
but normies like ratatatat instead of chlink, chunk shooting

Game looks fun, but historical buffs are going to hate the liberties DICE have taken with it
>>
>>340990694
Everyone was running around with submachine guns. I didn't see a single GEW 98.

>>340990954
There were players run-and-gunning with Vickers machine gun. baka
>>
>>340990981
Kooleo. I'm probs gonna wait a couple of days/weeks after release before getting my copy though, in the likely event the game is plagued with netcode issues as dice games usually are.
>>
Just so y'all know, I don't know if they still are, but there's a shitload of livestreamed gameplay on the EA channel.
>>
>>340991249
>People only using the weapons that best suit them is historically inaccurate
>>
>>340990981
Any Changes to spotting?
Is melee done differently?
Did they mention any of the 30-120hz servers being available at launch?
>>
>>340990981
For the simple fact of diversity for the sake of diversity they aren't getting my money. Nevermind the fact that it isn't in the least WW1.

They fucking blew it just like Battlefront. Fuck the EU.
>>
File: 5Ha0Ypd.png (394 KB, 649x524) Image search: [Google]
5Ha0Ypd.png
394 KB, 649x524
>>Ridiciclous amount of automatic weapons for WWI

Please leave and never come back.

t. /k/ommando
>>
>>340991552
>Any Changes to spotting?
It didn't appear so, but I did gain a lot of points for spotting enemies.
>Is melee done differently?
You can use bayonets and you can charge enemies extremely similar to the banzai charge in RO2: Rising Storm
>Did they mention any of the 30-120hz servers being available at launch?
No, they didn't mention any technicalities like that
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.