[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever cheated in a video game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (32 KB, 616x560) Image search: [Google]
file.png
32 KB, 616x560
Have you ever cheated in a video game?
>>
Yes. Cheating in DaS2 was hilarious before softbans rolled around.
>>
All the time, if theres an overly grindy part of a game that I don't feel like wasting time on, incredibly RNG bullshit I don't feel like wasting time on, or if i'm just bored and want to see what kind of crazy bullshit can happen.

Rather than complain and cry endlessly at game devs to meet my autistic standards for video games and ruin it for everybody else, I fix it myself and continue to enjoy the game and allow everybody else to enjoy it their own ways.
>>
File: Contra-cover.jpg (136 KB, 637x860) Image search: [Google]
Contra-cover.jpg
136 KB, 637x860
Everyone who has ever played this game has "cheated" at least once.
>>
Used save editor in ME2 because I didn't feel like playing through it a third time just to get a decent file to import.
>>
No, I enjoy the game.
>>
Used to cheat in Puzzle and Dragons but I never found an update to the bin editor
>>
>>340951804
>Commando and Rambo vs. Xenomorphs
Simpler times. I'd watch the shit outta a cheesy 80's Contra film if it ever existed.
>>
>>340951470
I used to use cheat codes once I finished games to fuck around a bit, but I've never cheated in a multiplayer game.
>>
>>340951470
I used a trainer for diablo 2 (pre-LoD) and messed around in Open Realm.

Mostly gave myself gold and used it to gamble all the gold items.
>>
>>340951804
more like making the game possible.
>>
>>340951470
single player: absolutely
multi: never, unless it was a server that had wacky stuff enabled on purpose.
>>
>>340952687
This, I was a gamble addict on D2.
>>
Yes, I am a compulsive cheater. I knew someone back in the day who wrote cheats for CS1.6 and he taught me some stuff about cheats, I've been writing cheats for games since then. I don't play games that I can't make cheats for.
>>
>>340951470
>that one kid that cheats in SNES rpgs like earthbound and has never truly experienced the game

disgusting. on another note, I made myself a basic bot for Path of Exile, it was more of a learning experience than to profit.
>>
Single player: Sure, whenever it suits me.
Multiplayer: Never. Though I used to cheat in card-based physical board games. I never got caught.
>>
>>340951804
Using hard coded codes or hidden settings isn't as cheating as altering the game behaviour at your will, as when you use codes you're still playing by the rules the dev's implemented, when you alter the game behaviour beyond what's allowed you're literally changing the game to accomodate your needs.

With that said, i usually use CE to create different harder modes, or unlock the camera control + time flow to take better screenshots.
>>
used the duplication trick for Yugioh Forbidden Memories if you count that as cheating.
>>
>>340953538
I used a save editor in DaS once to hack in fucktons of broken swords and then would invade and run around naked dropping them until the host killed me. It was pretty hilarious.
>>
>>340954503
Whoops ignore that link. Unrelated
>>
>>340951470
The question is when I havent
>>
>>340951470
Multi-player? No.

I've used plenty of cheat codes over the years though. A lot of Turok as a young child because I wasn't very good at the game. The N64 South Park game, once you got into the town level with the Stan clones and shit it got boring and I just wanted to play with my friends in multi-player, so we just unlocked everything and had some fun. GTA cheat codes constantly, granted I had already beat those games. Tried the Incendiary Grenade glitch in REmake once, honestly I prefer the game that way, makes it a lot more simple without having to constantly backtrack for the fucking kerosene.
>>
>>340951470

Yes in single player games, cheating in multiplayer games is an irredeemable sin and embarrassing
>>
>>340951470
IDDQD + IDKFA
>>
In terraria because it doesn't have a creative mode for qsone reason
>>
File: 1458131813277.png (149 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458131813277.png
149 KB, 500x500
I use the speedhack in cheat engine when playing grindy JRPGs all the time. Shit is just way too slow.
>>
cheat engines speedhack in the older GTA games is pretty fucking funny
>>
I cheated on a new build on mountain blade. I wanted to get into it without the grind
>>
Yes, I have monthly subscriptions to cheats for LoL and CSGO, and I botted extensively in Runescape (Classic), Final Fantasy XI, Everquest, and UltimaO.

I just enjoy cheating because I don't get to do it IRL.
>>
I cheated in Metal Slug 3 because I'm too pleb for 1 credit run
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.