[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Black Desert Online?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-06-12_209282907.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-12_209282907.jpg
595 KB, 1920x1080
What do you guys think of Black Desert Online?
>>
kungen shilled it a lot but its yet another korean microtransactions mmo with no endgame
>>
Tried to be a sandbox, but halfassed it and went back to being a handholdey themepark with poorly implemented open world pvp griefing.

End result is just pretentiousness trying to draw in the "hardcore mmo" crowd with an overall subpar grindfest. Would have been great if they'd committed to the ideals they had when they started developing the game.
>>
it's korean
>>
Gutted pvp and already dead. All new expansion will exclusively add one or two new areas to grind and a couple items for the already over geared NEETs to grind for.

Node wars and sieges are still TBA despite being the backbone for guild conflict.

It's a game about pvp but there's literally no reason to actually pvp, so what handfuls of guilds that haven't quit yet do nothing but grind all day and have meaningless guild fights over insults or grind spots.

It's shit.
>>
4chan community was ruined by autistic faggots from archeage and even more autistic faggots from /vg/
>>
>>340917516
>4chan community was ruined by 4chan community

Here's a tip for you

4chan communities in games are either circlejerking ERPs, or shitposting in physical form. There's no in between.
>>
>>340918043
I want to believe that reasonable mature adults use this website and sometimes come together to do great things
>>
File: 2016-05-28_35761481.jpg (602 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-28_35761481.jpg
602 KB, 2560x1080
>>340912203

I like it for what it is. A single or in my case ac co-op experience. Doesn't feel like an MMO except for the shit-talking in chat. The combat is very satisfying and it should be the new standard for MMO's. I'm not at endgame yet, but I've sunk about 60 hours in it so far.
>>
>>340918751
>reasonable mature adults use this website

We do.

>>340918751
>come together to do great things

Nah, we stick to doing our own thing.
>>
>>340918751
The thing about that is you seem like such an absolute snob and like you'd be no fun to play games with, so you'd be excluded from all of those potential groups either by rejection or your own elitism.

There's always "that guy" in /vg/ mmo communities who acts superior to everyone, but is just an insufferable autist everyone else hates.
>>
>>340912203
Had a blast for around 100 hours, than it got boring. Endgame is RNG, that is all. Spending 30 hours grinding mobs praying for that .05% drop chance. My 70+ man guild pretty much died 1 by 1 once we got bored with alts and got a witch earring or two.

Had a blast playing it, and the combat is fun as balls, but it is basically a single player game where you will see other players running past but can't do anything with them beyond killing mobs together or murdering them.
>>
>>340919253

All he said was that he would like to play with people from here without being around a bunch of meme-spouting retards.
>>
Fuck the contested grind spots, pvping for grind spots = extreme power snowballing and everybody is an asshole
>>
Got a bit turned off because there's so many things just thrown at you and it's kinda hard to take it all in. Maybe I'm just retarded
>>
Unless you're a NEET don't play this game.

Prepare to get wrecked by other NEET's whose been playing since day 1.
>>
File: 2016-06-01_17437690.jpg (807 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-01_17437690.jpg
807 KB, 2560x1080
They need to relax with the fucking cash shop prices though. They're insanely high.
>>
>>340912203

Generic tab target Korean bullshit where they put more effort into the character creator than the game. Nobody plays your dead game, go shill something else.
>>
>>340920162
>>340920461

Pretty much this. Should have just had a decent grind until everyone reaches the same gear level and than have it all be about cosmetics. Like fucking guild wars did years ago.
>>
It's black and deserted
>>
>>340920461
This.

Gear is 99.9% of pvp, and you're not going to come close to scratching the people who are now level 57, on top of all that gear which is mountainous compared to an average or even somewhat dedicated player.
>>
File: 2016-05-30_95462825.jpg (759 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-30_95462825.jpg
759 KB, 2560x1080
>>340920243

I feel you. They like to hold your hand for trivial shit and for things that have more depth, they don't explain shit.

You really have to just alt-tab and google guides and whatever your'e confused about. Look up node guides, trading guides, worker guides, ect because the game does a shit job at explaining those in detail.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.