[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Undertale pretty much rip off Super Paper Mario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tits.gif (418 KB, 495x278) Image search: [Google]
tits.gif
418 KB, 495x278
Did Undertale pretty much rip off Super Paper Mario
>>
No.
>>
>>340899213
Undertale is to video games what postmodern art is to art
>>
No, but SPM has better writing/characters
>>
>>340899213
Yes
>>
I'm reasonably sure whoever wrote the copy pasta comparing the two hasn't actually played either game. Or it was intended to trick people who haven't played either game.
>>
Undertale is a walking sim.
>>
>>340899436
this
>>
File: 1459387721801.png (3 MB, 3380x1893) Image search: [Google]
1459387721801.png
3 MB, 3380x1893
>>340899213
Undertale was pretty original, imho. The real scandal is how much Cave Story copied Undertale.
https://www.change.org/p/make-cave-story-acknowledge-that-it-copied-undertale
>>
>>340899421
that's an insult to postmodernism, it's more like

undertale is to videogames what meme culture is to the internet
>>
>>340899213
Undertale ripped off
Cave Story (setting and mimiga designs)
Shin Megami Tensei (pacifism mechanics)
SPM (what you posted)
Mother 3 (a metric shit-ton of ideas)
Earthbound (by extension of Mother 3)
and Mother 1 (intro is very reminiscent, a lot of things that were also in Earthbound)

I thought the game was okay but It's disgusting that people think it's innovative or unique
>>
>>340905484
hey, i think undertale is garbage at what it does most unique, it's story, but it's a bit silly to fault a game for taking inspiration for what the creator likely loved to play. yeah, its story ripped off a lot of things (most notably the hidden ending of cave story), but it did an interesting blend of gameplay elements from multiple games, and i can't fault it for that.
>>
>>340906595
This. I actually thought the gameplay was really unique and was fairly well executed (albeit very easy with two major exceptions). On the other hand I fucking hated the writing and the extremely try-hard attempts at humor.
>>
>>340906595
>its story is the most unique part
kek
I like the battle system (though it could use work) and like I said the game is a solid 5.5/10, the problem I have is when people try to say it was completely original.
>>
>>340904487
kek
why doesn't anyone ever understand this
cave story copied wayyyy more from undertale than undertale copied from anything
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.