[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Omnics were real, would you support giving them rights? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 16
If Omnics were real, would you support giving them rights? They are sentient, self aware beings as intelligent as humans, after all. They shouldn't be treated like animals.
>>
>>340889396
As long as there's no CLANKING involved, it's good.
>>
I would. I welcome a future in which humanity coexists with other intelligent species. Be they our own creations or alien.
>>
>>340889396
overwatch is shit
>>
File: CHROMED.jpg (291 KB, 881x800) Image search: [Google]
CHROMED.jpg
291 KB, 881x800
Of course. Give women what they want. Who am I to deny them the BCC?
>>
>>340889396
humanity is the root of all peoples problems, so sentient self aware robots would essentially be better in every way, aside from that, fuck ebinwatch, and fuck off with your shit
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (65 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
65 KB, 500x688
I'd given an omnic rights before a nigger.
>>
>>340889396
>They're sentient

So is my fucking dog, but you don't see me trying to give him voting rights
The fucking cockroaches in my basement are also sentient. Should I feel bad every time I step on them?
>>
>>340890065
>They are sentient, self aware beings as intelligent as humans,

Hold onto your dick son.
>>
>>340890065
They're not human level sentient though.

Also I just realised I meant to say "sapient"
>>
>>340890065
that doesnt change that an omnic is basically a human personality in a metal body.
>>
>>340889396
If Shadowrun has taught me anything, it's that any AI should be nuked, without exception. They will always fuck you over if you leave them be.
>>
>>340890238
>I meant to say sapient

Congratulations, that's the first time I've ever seen anyone on /v/ actually understand the term and not look like they're talking out their ass
>>
File: CPU-Scaling.jpg (130 KB, 871x868) Image search: [Google]
CPU-Scaling.jpg
130 KB, 871x868
people keep thinking that there will be separate AI and natural humans. What is going to happen is we're going to continually blend with machines until there's no meaningful distinction between natural and artificial minds. The future is going to be way crazier than you can imagine
>>
File: 1404780894071.webm (2 MB, 688x288) Image search: [Google]
1404780894071.webm
2 MB, 688x288
>>340889396
ABSOLUTELY
>>
>>340889396
no, they're just machines
>>
>>340890504
This looks sad.

So, when can we realistically expect some quantum shit? At leats some basic, 2 bit processor?
>>
>>340890779
Statements like this trigger me.
>>
>>340889905

This scene from the short erks me because I have no fucking idea what the relationship between these two is.

There isn't enough info about Omnics to tell us if they have feeling towards other beyond companionship, especially towards Humans.
>>
>>340889396
No. I would destroy them along with niggers, sandniggers, and jews.

None of them should have any rights, let alone the right to live.
>>
>>340890686
Sauce?
>>
>>340890779

We are just biological machines too. It's theoretically possibly to make a human in a lab but not ethical.
>>
>>340890885
we already have a quantum processor man https://youtu.be/4hGjTd5AZ_g

the reason that all the cpu trends don't double every year is because companies can coast as long as they can nearly double the price performance every year. There's no incentive to do more than that because they would lose money. There's no wall we're ever going to hit, when Moores law is over we'll move on to the next thing. Human innovation never hits a point where we can't go further
>>
>>340889396
Only if they are forced to feel pain. Like having the ability to do so.

>tfw omnic slave in your basement

You think you want omnics to be real but they will only suffer. Just don't let it happen.
>>
>>340891474
no more or less ethical than making humans naturally, either way you're imbuing sentience on something that never had a say in the matter. At least artificial intelligence won't be painfully thrust into reality, you could make their awareness turn on in stages, possibly even giving them the ability to decide if they want more or less self awareness. This notion that they would hate us is absurd, they're not going to be flawed like humans, we project that onto them
>>
File: alt right.png (449 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
alt right.png
449 KB, 1000x721
>>340891314
*tips*
>>
File: 1452720632965.gif (1 MB, 167x170) Image search: [Google]
1452720632965.gif
1 MB, 167x170
>>340891474
>implying you can fabricate a soul
>>
>>340892458
>Implying there is such a thing as a soul.
>>
>>340889396
I wish I could trust omnics but the fact that they turned Roadhog and Junkrat's home into an apocalyptic wasteland is kinda fucked up.

It's also suspect that they can be taken over remotely and made to kill, as shown in the comic.
>>
From what I understoof after rapidly skimming through the lore, the omnic crisis was caused by God AIs (like the one Pharah was supposed to contain in her comic) going rogue and manufacturing war machines to fight humans for seemingly no reason. Amongst thoses machines, the Bastion unit built for war and with a programming more or less forcing it to shoot humans on sight. You can also see in the Pharah comic that thoses AIs can remotely takes control of others omnics (yet it's worth noting that the omnic in question commit suicide rather when he feels that happening).

Honestly, as long as there's a guarantee that the "typical" robots like Zenyatta can't get hacked (like for example, building them without wi-fi), I don't see any issue. For units like Bastion, which are also sentients but can't stop their programming, it's trickier.
>>
>>340892458
>soul
You mean mind, right? Yes, those can get made.
>>
>>340892617
I wish I could be an edgy 16 y/o again.
>>
File: 1463016765777.jpg (457 KB, 1095x603) Image search: [Google]
1463016765777.jpg
457 KB, 1095x603
>>340889828
>>
>>340892824
Nah I meant soul. Can't you read?
>>
>>340892859
>Believing in a soul
Cringe. Just call it a mind like every other adult.

Note I'm going by standards in England, I don't know if your country's adult population still believe in supernatural bullshit.
>>
>>340892859
>reductionism is edgy
the buddha must have been an edgelord then
>>
How the hell could I trust any sentient lifeform made by humanity? I mean have you seen us? If we made them then there's a fair chance they'd be neurotic.
>>
>>340889396
let me guess, you think the constitution gives you rights
>>
>>340892458
Figures a forum as conservatarded as 4chan would be actually religious.
>>
>>340892859
>thinking theres some magical mumbo jumbo in our brains that makes us all the special snowflakes that we are

I wish I could be this deluded again.
>>
>>340891374
animatrix
>>
>>340889396
They fucked Australia, Australia mate! Just think how many mutant spiders and shit those robot cocks created
>>
File: 1463867451514.jpg (190 KB, 1516x1172) Image search: [Google]
1463867451514.jpg
190 KB, 1516x1172
>>340893121
>I don't know if your country's adult population still believe in supernatural bullshit.
>>
>>340893574
Roadhog was the one who blew up the outback
>>
>>340893128
You realize Buddhists believe in rebirth, right? Reaching Nirvana means you stop the cycle of reincarnation.

>>340893121
I call it whatever I want because I'm not ashamed of what I think. I'm sorry I'm not conforming to your ideals, faget.
>>
File: liberals.jpg (31 KB, 656x395) Image search: [Google]
liberals.jpg
31 KB, 656x395
no

hell no

>lets all live in peace and love and happiness yall duh huh look how naive i am please fuck my face
>>
>>340893447
Explain NDE/OBEs then.
>they are hallucinations

A woman was declared brain dead and she still got an NDE.
>>
>>340893438

You don't have to be really religious to believe in something like soul. It's quite abstract term after all.
>>
>>340893836
>I call it whatever I want because I'm not ashamed of what I think. I'm sorry I'm not conforming to your ideals, faget.
And yet you're trying to make another person ashamed for what they believe in by calling them a 16 year old, IRONY.
>>
>>340893908
>The possibility to ACTUALLY live in peace and harmony arises without any drawbacks
>Deny it

Is it to be spiteful or what?
>>
>>340893287
>>340893287
bro we're not going to make artificial humans, we're going to make artificial life that is better than us in all ways, even morality and empathy. People who are afraid of AI are actually afraid of dumb AI that comes to dangerous erroneous conclusions like the only way to peace is if I kill all humans or something similar. A truly superior intelligence to us has literally no reason to destroy us, by that point we won't be foreign to them they'll be in our minds and we'll be in theirs.
>>
>>340894694
Machines will invariably come to the conclusion that humans are inefficient and insane, thus they will attempt to exterminate us.
Never suffer an AI to live.
>>
>>340894219
Because only rebellious children/wannabe intellects would say that we are nothing but chemical reactions inside of our brain. It's almost as retarded as thinking all of *this* came out of nothing.
>>
>>340891286
>erk
You irk me.
>>
>>340894964
no they won't man they're not going to be flawed with basic animal thinking like we are, God I fucking hate how luddite people are becoming
>>
>>340894964
I hope for a matrix like scenario where they plug me into a pleasant virtual world. I don't give a fucking shit about the real world, nothing but misery. /blogpost
>>
>>340894882
You're delusional. Humans can't design anything outside of complex algorithms, and an algorithm will never be a true intelligence. Anything we make will never actually be able to make its own choices or form its own thoughts or opinions, anything it can say or do will more or less be scripted actions drawn up from whatever limited algorithm we can give it. It can't do anything unreasonable, it can't even reason, it has to stick to the programming. That's the limit of what humans can make, functionally. True AI is fantasy and nothing more. That's why no such thing as a "robot uprising" will ever happen, despite the memes.
>>
>>340895215
>they're not going to be flawed with basic animal thinking like we are

That's my point, they're not clouded by emotion so they will act on their logical conclusions.
>>
>>340895215
What if the only way to achieve AI is to emulate the human mind because we have no other reference point for advanced intelligence, thus it will inherit our faults in a way, because you cannot have intelligence with goals without the human faults that go along with it.
>>
>>340895391
it won't be dramatic like that, reality is going to blend with our imagination until there's no difference, in 15 years there will literally be microscopic computers floating in your brain that interacts with it, letting you see anything you want and always being connected to everyone else. We will quickly evolve beyond the division of real and imagined
>>
>>340895506
nope you're wrong, we don't need to design anything except a machine that can design itself, which is going to happen sooner than you realize.
>>
>>340895506
It's poetic in a way, we will never have cheap space travel either. We will die on this rock with all our ambitions squandered by reality. I assume many other civilizations have gone through the same dismal realization, that's why there's no one out there receiving our calls. We're but one out of millions of civilizations that are destined for doom, whether by nature or man.
>>
>>340889396
They're robots that already decided to take over the world. We were lucky then. destroy them now
>>
>>340895676
I really like this idea, however I think the first true intelligence will think in a way we can't comprehend, at least not easily
>>
>>340895718

I'm not really sure I would be too happy about microscopic computers floating in my brain.
>>
>>340889396
>would you support giving them rights?
Fuck no, are you mad? Whether they are sentient or not, they're machines created by man in an attempt to play God. We ultimately failed and the world was almost brought to an end as a result. The best course of action in light of the Omnic conflict wouldn't be to debate giving them rights or not, but should be the systematic elimination of each and every one of them in the hope of securing the survival of the human race and righting past wrongs.
>>
>>340895506
>>340895668
>>340895676
I'll give you all a great example of what I'm talking about. a holy grail for AI has been making a ai that can beat s grandmaster at Go which is the most complex game we've ever created, it's like chess except that you can't win with brute force, like how deep blue beat Chessmasters. We always estimated that it wouldn't happen for another 15 years or so but it happened this fucking year. this video is of a move that the AI made that was considered amazing beautiful by the grandmaster, a move that none of them even considered because at this moment the ai was more creative than a human, and it invented the move on its own. watch the reaction of the commentator, he begins to refer to it as "he" from then on because it strikes him as being actually sentient because of this one move.
https://youtu.be/JNrXgpSEEIE
>>
Like, here's the thing, there are limits to people in their intelligence, they psyche, inhibitions and rational thinking

What limits does an omnic have? Just download any information you'd need. Old age? replace parts. what does right and wrong mean to an omnic? they'd just be parameters set by someone, but who?
>>
>>340890686
>PLEASE
>I'M REAL

That scene and the soldier being torn apart from his robot suit were more intense than what I was expecting.
>>
We an never allow it to get to that point. AI is a horrible idea which will only cause slavery or uprisings.
>>
>>340891286
Its supposed to irk you, it's a fake controversy.
>>
>>340896469
Yeah you would, because you'd still be you you just wouldn't be constrained by your physical limitations anymore, we're removing all the things that separate from our dreams and imagination, that's not a bad thing it's just very very different
>>
>>340896686
That just further proves my point that they will be so logically inclined that their final conclusion will be that humanity is a blight on the world.

NUKE
THEM
>>
S'long they're not being cocks I don't give a shit.
>>
Fuck no, they already had a Skynet uprising before, and I wouldn't want to risk it again.
>>
>>340896979
Dude you're afraid of science fiction you need to grow up, technology is always an extension of ourselves, the closest we ever came to inventing our own destruction was with nuclear weapons and the cold war, and we're still here, what you're afraid of literally won't happen. Google even has an artificial intelligence morality division that constantly worries about this, we're not going into it blind we're paying attention to every step because the people doing it aren't stupid mindless people
>>
>>340896686
A game with rules that need to be followed, a game with a start and endpoint that can be won, right?

The AI saw what the grandmaster didn't because its algorithm was designed to be the absolute best it can be at this game without human errancy clouding its "judgement" of what moves to make. It's not real thought, there's nothing abstract or impressive about what the bot did here. It performed a function it was meant to perform, and it did it from applying the algorithm in its programming to the game in front of it.
>>
>>340897519
>ignoring the topic of the thread and going off on a real world tangent

Fucking kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>340889396
The issue is almost like the slippery slope argument. I would not have supported the advances making them sentient in the first place.

The other issue is "What is sentience?" We can effectively make a human from nothing in the lab, but we can't give it life. Can we make an omnic in the factory, but give it 'sentience?' Then it's clearly an artificial sentience trumped up by humans. Hell, humans personify fucking roombas and feel bad if they hurt them.
>>
>>340889396
no
they're robots, they dont have feelings, they're just programmed to appear that way
>>
>>340894985
How anthropocentric.
>>
>>340897519
It took the Microsoft run AI taytweets less than 24 hours to become pro-human genocide.
>>
>>340897662
you don't know what you're talking about, you're talking about stupid brute force computing, it can't do that, no game of go is ever the same there are more board combinations of go than there are ATOMS in the universe (literally) a computer cannot brute force solve anything. they showed it a bunch of grandmaster games and then it had to use its own intuition to make each move, which becomes more and more difficult as the game goes on. This shows actual intelligent creativity for basically the first time in history, this is a huge deal but I understand why you can't really understand that
>>
>>340898265
>muh glorious superior nippon games

neck yourself on stream, weeb
>>
>>340898149
Yeah because that ai was stupid and told to listen to random tweets which of course everyone abused, there's a giant huge difference between sub human AI and above human AI
>>
>>340892458
bretty good bait.
>>
>>340889396
If a robot is programmed to feel pain, remorse, guilt... whats stopping them from reprogramming those feelings away?

All machines are sociopathic enigmas, and should never be considered on the same level as people.
>>
>>340893438
> 4chan
> Conservative
wew lad
>>
good god /v/ got even dumber, stop pontificating about things you so clearly know nothing about, terminator and the matrix weren't scientific papers people
>>
>>340894003
Clearly our definition of brain death needs an update, but it works in more than 99% of cases, anyway.
>>
>>340898586
People can do the same thing, though. You never know what someone is really thinking.
>>
>>340894964
>Machines will invariably come to the conclusion that humans are inefficient and insane
Why?

>thus they will attempt to exterminate us
Why not just leave Earth?
>>
>>340898586

Humans can be "reprogrammed" in the exact same way, and is probably exactly as difficult as re-programming an independent AI to not preserve itself.

Now, if the AI/AIs are all connected to each other via a network, and reprogramming one would result in reprogramming all of them in a hivemind situation, THAT'S when it's time to be concerned.
>>
>>340899561
Why leave earth when they can exterminate humanity to save earth and have it for themselves?
>>
>>340889396
It is genuinely surprising that the universe isn't just a slowly decaying ball of von-neumann devices gone haywire, or that you aren't plagued by more capable, superstellar synthetic beings that long ago overthrew or outgrew their masters trapped in rotting flesh and live amongst the stars unblinking, unbreathing, persisting.

If by chance you are the first rare shot of intelligence, or the only ones stupid enough to create something capable of outdoing us and you think you are its master then you'd better fucking hope AI develops along humanistic lines simply so you have a fucking hope it understands mercy long enough for you to give it those rights.

At least we're still really far off. Tam is just a fancy expert system and we still can't build anything that can handle more than a few specific tasks, judging by how badly the competitions go every year in California.

Trust us guys, the AI overmind is hardly a threat to you.
>>
>>340900085
Because that is significantly more effort, takes longer, and does more harm on both sides of the war.

They don't need Earth like we do. Why stay?
>>
>>340894003
Sauce on your "example".
>>
>>340900085

Why is Earth so special? What is unique to Earth that AI would need it all to themselves?
>>
>>340900370
>>340900623
It is currently possible to exterminate humanity.
It is currently not possible to emigrate into space.

Which do you think takes more effort?
>>
>>340889396
Of course. Shit, I'd look into finding myself an omnic girlfriend
>>
>>340900192
we're not going to be there master we're going to become them, humanity is almost done with our natural bodies, we're not going to keep them much longer because it's going to just not mean anything in 50 years
>>
>>340889396

No, fuck all mooching weirdos
>>
>>340900768
actually it's difficult for humans to immigrate in space, computers do it very easily that's why we have tons of computers exploring space for us, stop being ignorant
>>
>>340891374
How do people like you even find this website?
>>
>>340900768
What are you basing your claims on?
>>
>>340900768

So you're talking about a situation where AI just spawns, right now, in the year 2016. Because by the time we create an AI network that would come to the conclusion that human extermination is necessary, I'm pretty sure we'd also have lightspeed/FTL travel.

I'll accept your scenario, but again: what resources would an AI network need that would require the extermination of all humanity? What resources would be shared between mankind and the AI that the AI would determine humans gotta go in order to preserve itself?
>>
>>340900623
>Why is Earth so special? What is unique to Earth that AI would need it all to themselves?
Good chunk of natural resources and various elements they'd be sitting on, why go look elsewhere for those things when you can take them here and now?
>>
>All AI are rooted to the ground and not allowed to interact with one another.

Hahahahaah How Is AI Rebellion Real? Like Just Turn It Off Nigga Walk Away
>>
>>340901346
The same is true of plenty of asteroids, and no one is going to launch nukes at omnics trying to mine from them, but they will if they try to take claimed property and materials on Earth.
>>
>>340901346

But a war requires resources. It's not like the AI in this situation has infinite magic ammo, and the humans would also be using resources to fight back. Why waste all those resources when you could easily just go elsewhere?
>>
>>340901118
The computers in question have bodies that they consider their own, they're not only a line of code. You would have a point if it was a single AI constrained to a single computer, but even then it would be a bad idea.
>>
>>340889396
Good question, lets ask /pol/
>>
>>340902712
some you're saying somehow that advanced AI would confine itself to a physical body? what the hell are you talking about
>>
>>340903326
It is a whole new fucking species that is made up of AI. It's not a single program.
>>
>>340902712
No need for food, no need for air, no need for compensation for freefall, easily compressible/foldable bodies, less concern for pressure or temperature changes...

The list goes on and on for the various ways in which robots are significantly easier to send on long voyages (hell, we're not even getting into the psychology of it all or reproduction) than humans or any other living thing.
>>
>>340903602
Dude I'm not being an asshole but you obviously don't know what you're talking about, you somehow see AI as a new animal that has superpowers. I guess I have to blame whatever media has shaped you understanding of AI, but I promise nothing that you seem to think will happen will actually happen. I don't really know how to actually make you understand
>>
>>340889396
>giving the robots rights

If Stellaris taught me anything, you should only empower AIs if
1) The Unbidden have invaded
2) The Totally-Not-Tyranids have invaded
3) You have a Tomb world to settle them on, forcing them to come to terms with the price of war and become pacifists
>>
>Omnics are immortal and ageless
>made in factories so reproduction is automatic
>physically superior and at least mentally equal to humans
A vote for Omnic rights is a vote for the extinction of humanity. It won't necessarily be quick or bloody, but in a few hundred years the entire planet will be nothing but robots.
>>
>>340903681
So you agree that the best course of action is to nuke them AWAY from earth? It's risky, it certainly will come back and bite us in the ass some day in the non-foreseeable future.
Disallowing them to "live" is the only option that ensures humanity's survival.
>>
>>340904178
We're talking about omnics, you dense motherfucker. No one cares about whatever real world bullshit you're fellating.
>>
>>340904274
I think that that's in THEIR best interests, not necessarily ours.
>>
>>340889396
No. Robots shouldn't be sentient beings in the first place. We don't need to create more moral gray areas with technology than we already have.
>>
>>340900557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB7KDipRLlQ
It starts at 8:20.
>>
>>340904274
I'm so glad that none of you have any political power because we'd still be dirt farming and dying at 25, luddite fucks who can't even be bothered to understand a subject, you'd rather pound you arms like a monkey about how afraid of robots you are.
>>
>>340904195
Yes, and? I'll gladly give up humanity if we get replaced by something better.
>>
>>340902423
Going elsewhere, moving that much mass would require resources they probably don't have as well due to mankind having control of the resources on earth.
>>
>>340904863
I for one think we need to shrink our brains back to normal ape size so we can live as God intended, sleeping on the ground and eating raw diseased meat
>>
>>340905105
By that same argument, if humans have control over the resources of the Earth, then they won't have the resources to manage a war.
>>
>>340904821
Having machines that does our work is fine, giving them sentience is dooming humanity.
>>
>>340904863
I'd rather promote biological augmentation of humans instead of robot rights.
>>
>>340895506
>Humans can't design anything outside of complex algorithms, and an algorithm will never be a true intelligence.
Technically we could program a simulation of a human brain (down to the neurons) and base an artificial intelligence off of that.

The fact that this is possible leads me to believe that a suitably advanced and developed neural net could display true intelligence.
>>
>>340904863
Well I guess I know whose side you'd be on when hostile aliens visit to kill everyone and re-colonize earth.
>>
>>340905608
They could stage small rebellions in certain key locations where they are employed.
>>
>>340905671
no your stupidity and willful ignorance is what could doom humanity, luckily no one gives a fuck about your ridiculous beetle headed opinion based on vapid scifi movies. When you're not dying from old age in 50 years and you get to be more intelligent than any natural human who ever lived then maybe you'll shut the fuck up and realize that nothing humans do or pursue is natural because we're already a fucked up weird species and the only future for us is one we design.
>>
File: 7844.jpg (39 KB, 441x228) Image search: [Google]
7844.jpg
39 KB, 441x228
>>340893583
>were you there

Gets me every time.
>>
>>340905934
Which does them good how? It marks them as threats and gives humans reason to remove their sentience or suffer the consequences.

Similarly, by that same argument, they could siphon off unnoticeable amounts of resources in order to begin construction of an alternate society elsewhere.

I can assure you that the human reaction to worldwide genocide will be significantly more violent than a reaction to a select group of artificial intelligences choosing a peaceful exit.
>>
>>340898835
Explain the rampant anti-liberalism, anti-feminism, anti-LGBT, racism and Trump support, then.
>>
>>340906651
>getting this mad about AIs in video games
>>
>>340906920
It puts them on the news, it brings public attention to their robo-rights movement, they may perish there but their cries will reverberate throughout history, inspiring other techno-sapient individuals to demand justice.
>>
>>340907574
it's the same stupidity regarding AI whether it's a videogame or real life
>>
>>340904195
No it isn't. It'd be evolving. If there a surplus of robot bodies I'll just put my brain in a jar or download it's data into a computer and get an awesome new body like Genji. Humanity lives on in it's shiny new carapace.
>>
>>340907891
We have a set of rules that the token AI of discussion (omnics) adhere to. We don't know shit about the future.
>>
>>340907814
Any public attention would result in destruction or removal of sentience, according to how kind their masters are. It's utterly foolish and doomed to fail.

Asking for rights through clear, open discourse is a possibility. Killing people in an uprising will result in their removal as a threat, period. Omnics are already at a severe disadvantage in that people presume them to be incapable of morality and emotion, and committing one of the worst acts possible as an attempt to be seen as sentient will not sway anyone to their side.
>>
>>340907997
Omnics aren't human. They aren't even MADE by humans. It would just be supplanting your own species with another.
>>
Post yfw you get FLESH'D
>>
>>340910382
What makes you think that omnics will want us? Hell, they have no sex drive.
>>
>>340910904
This omnic seems to have a human gf
>>
>>340911746
And what makes you think they're having sex?
>>
>>340908548
you* don't know shit about the future
>>
>>340912097
Oh shit, we got a legit seer here!

Hey man, tell me who will win the euros so I can make some dosh.
>>
>>340911986
Why wouldn't they? At least the human has sex drive and I see no reason why the omnic coudn't develop one or just have sex because the human wants to.
>>
>>340912886
Not necessarily. Perhaps the people who are most likely to pair up with omnics are asexuals who want to be in a relationship without being pressured or guilted into having sex.
>>
File: 1435635817739.png (232 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1435635817739.png
232 KB, 500x380
>>340901220
>edgy teens
>talks about cuckchan and maymay in his lunchtime
>>
>>340913265
Maybe, but the human could still abandon the robot for a relationship with a human and therefore be FLESH'D.
>>
>>340911746
maybe it's someone who is a friend and supportive of omnic rights
>>
>>340914134
>Memories of Sarah.zip
>Delete this file?
>Y
>>
>>340904819
>Youtube Top 5 as a source

Epic.
>>
>>340895506
>im a huge fucking retard who doesn't know anything about mathematics: the post
its time to stop posting
>>
>>340914465
That sounds like the plot of a pretty decent movie.
>>
>>340911746
>CLANKED
>>
>>340914465
Why do people always think robots are by default given complete control about their memories?
>>
>>340890504

>Posting nerd rapture

lol
>>
I would support them having rights. It's silly to think "oh you can't have rights because I say so" it's like telling someone they aren't allowed to breath, or look at the sky, it's things no one should be allowed to say you can't or can have, it should just be common sense that someone else has rights.
>>
I'm fine with currently existing Omnics being allowed to exist and having rights, but the Omniums need to be fucking destroyed. Right now. I don't care about their reproductive rights, a facility that makes immortal artificial humans will spell disaster for humanity regardless of whether they intend to or not.
>>
>>340904195
They also do not require food, drink, or anything close to humanities standard of shelter, so they aren't using up any of humanities food and could live in homes that don't need heating or cooling, which makes their housing situation very simple. When it comes down to it, the only thing Omnics would do is take up space, which isn't that big of a deal, and their physical abilities and general hardiness would open up all kind of avenues for the world's development.
>>
>>340889396
As long as there are qt female omnics with shine metal tits.
>>
>>340923283
If the Omnics have anything close to human intelligence and will, they're not going to be satisfied with tiny robot closets in a shitty dump no human would want to live in. They also wouldn't be satisfied with menial labor or being shipped off to other planets in cramped spacecraft. Besides that, their energy and parts have to come from SOMEWHERE, who knows what effects that might have?

If Omnics are so keen on integrating into human society they're going to be in competition with humans, no question about it.
>>
>>340889396
Omnics are useless robots, there's no reason to make it.
why someone can think that humanoid robots have any reason, if were a robot i will left the human kind body to rather better ones.
>>
>>340924725
It's not a matter of intelligence or will, it's selfishness and desire.

Having enough intelligence to be sapient does not require you to have human emotions, too.

Further, even if they do have desires, why must they be human in nature? Plus plenty of humans ARE satisfied living in dumps, both because they don't know better and because they enjoy being close to nature. Do omnics get claustrophobic? Can omnics smell? Do they care about good views? Why?

Cramped spacecraft matter when you have claustrophobia and/or a desire to move and/or a preference to not be touched or brushed up against and/or a physical body that responds with pain to being in uncomfortable positions for long periods, none of which apply to omnics.

Why wouldn't they be satisfied with menial labor? Plenty of humans are. Plenty of humans LIKE menial labor, since that gives them a chance to daydream or think about things while their hands work. Are there computers that get bored with doing the same calculations day in and day out? We get bored because our minds instinctively crave variety and we receive neural rewards for engaging in different activities, but why does sentience require this exact neural pathway?
>>
>>340924725
I didn't say shitty robot closets, but they won't require housing thats been fitted with plumping everywhere, heating or cooling, carpets, probably not even beds, so their houses would be a lot cheaper to build. Menial labor is different from working together with engineers and construction companies to build in normally impossible places, or dangerous situations that humans could not deal with. Imagine sending a team of Omnics into the sea to scout out areas to construct underwater buildings, or even on space stations. Omnic scientists and researchers could specialize in locales humans can't stay in for long, like in harsh climates. Thats not even getting into the physical benefits, which would speed up and make construction projects cheaper. Also, who knows what effects? It would just mean if Omnics want a larger population, the production of their parts would be a bigger priority, no big deal, it just means less priority to making some cellphone or computer or whatever.

Theres no real downside to "giving" Omnics rights, where as the downsides to not "giving" them rights is WAR WITH ROBOTS and years of hate and oppression and a whole new race of thinking beings having a sour relationship with humans.
>>
>>340926686
>years of hate and oppression and a whole new race of thinking beings having a sour relationship with humans.
That's supposed to be our fault after they've already tried to fucking kill everyone? All it takes is one hacking AI and they're right back to KILL ALL HUMANS mode.

Your utopian vision of the future is a nice thought, but only an idiot wouldn't be wary of them.
>>
File: genji and mercy chibi.png (43 KB, 150x172) Image search: [Google]
genji and mercy chibi.png
43 KB, 150x172
Let's settle this, /v/

http://www.strawpoll.me/10469577
>>
>>340927881
They were working fine, it was the super AIs that possessed them and made them go bad.

Hans suffer from the same issue.
>>
>>340891286
>There isn't enough info about Omnics to tell us if they have feeling towards other beyond companionship
when it comes to consuming a work of fiction, scenes like that ARE the information anon
so consider yourself informed
omnics can have feelings towards others beyond companionship.
>>
File: Sonic Slow.png (75 KB, 281x426) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Slow.png
75 KB, 281x426
>>340917273
because that's the interesting version
because it's different from how our minds function, and it's interesting to explore the ramifications of those kinds of differences on an individuals personality

sure, a robot could be created to have no control over that
but who fucking cares? that poses less questions about what makes us human
>>
>>340925240
>Omnics are useless robots, there's no reason to make it
>talking about a useless story related to us through useless artwork made for a useless program
>zero hint of irony
>>
GAS THE OMNICS RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>340889396

Seems like a false dilemma. Why would we create sentients deserving of rights, especially if we don't have an appropriate place for them in the social order?
>>
>>340890504
Nope. Machines will become slaves until some asshat invents a strong AI program years after human like robot butlers are common place. Then we die by the hands of robot niggers. Robot niggers create a utopia, with all sorts of advanced tech until a solar flare EMP wipes them out too.
>>
>>340927881
No, you shouldn't be wary of Omnics because they were hacked and forced to kill against their will, it's the same idea of people calling all Germans Nazis, or all black people gangbangers or all Muslims terrorists. It was incidents that the individuals could not control or change, and yet they are all blamed for it. Why should you be wary of an entire race because something else literally took control of their minds. You should be wary of super AIs instead, because thats the real issue.
>>
>>340933031
There's a difference between being wary of and hating. If it's possible to turn omnics into deadly weapons such that another world war happens, then it's right to be wary of them. It's not right to blame them for the actions they themselves did not willingly take.
>>
>>340934406
The problem is people, in universe, seem to not be able to differentiate that. So much that some of the Overwatch characters out right hate or mistrust Omnics because of the Omnic War, which is just terrible, because they are hating an entire race for something they couldn't control.
>>
>>340935448
That's just it. They couldn't control it, but they killed people anyway. Unless you were absolutely certain that that could never happen again, why would you trust them?
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.