[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no survival horror of being in a domestic terror attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
>tfw no survival horror of being in a domestic terror attack

I honestly think this could be a great game if done right. Vidya is probably one of the most effective mediums for horror, why has nobody made this yet?
>>
same
>>
>>340886648
Make it like Kingsmen where a bunch of people are going crazy because of some program and going on shooting sprees all over the city and you have to escape.
>>
>>340886648
1. It'd piss off way too many people

2.hatred

3.it would be banned as soon as it was announced.

However if handled correctly it could serve as a commentary on the many causes and affects of mass shootings, one of them being the media's glorification of them.
>>
Look at the shitstorm No Russian caused. It'd be like that again, plus a bunch of "insulting to the victims of these tragedies" stuff. Cause games are only made for fun.
>>
There should be a game where you are the civilian in the No Russian level
>>
>>340886648
It would have extremely tacky moments of you being hidden while a dead body lands right next to your hiding spot.

Now that I think of it the beginning of MGSV is probably the closest you'll get
>>
>>340887362
>1. It'd piss off way too many people

How? You're not killing anyone, in fact you're running from the killers

>hatred

Not the same thing

>It would be banned as soon as it was announced

Nah

Honestly a game where you run from terrorists would be pretty good desu.
>>
>>340886648
Reverse Hatred ?
>>
>>340887362
Hatred is the opposite of what anon described
>>
File: 1458435634584.jpg (85 KB, 459x605) Image search: [Google]
1458435634584.jpg
85 KB, 459x605
>you're trapped in a very large university
>20 muslim shooters have the entire place locked down
>hundreds of hostages
>literally no weapons can be found

sounds like fun
>>
File: 1465612542989.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
1465612542989.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>340886648
Underage shooters killing children...

Be careful what you wish for, OP. This would be a real shitstorm.
>>
>>340887969
It could be called Admiration.
>>
>>340887545
No Russian was a mission about shooting unarmed civilains, retard. The game OP described is about BEING an unarmed citizen.
>>
I've always thought "Terrorist Simulator 20XX" was a cool name.
>>
>>340886648
It's like that scene in one of the CoDs where you execute the people in the airport. Too real, and we live in a world where that shit happens every year, multiple times, without fail. I never jump on the " that's offensive" wagon, but I think something like that would be over the line.
>>
>>340887774
>>340886648
Japan has a series of games where you have to escape from natural disasters
I forgot the name though
>>
>>340886648
In case you haven't heard why OP made the thread
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/
Probably had something to do with e3.
>>
I'd rather have a Max Payne like type game where you're constantly surrounded and trying to escape.
>>
>>340888160
>underage
>there's an age of consent for murder

or would that technically be assisted suicide?
>>
>>340888341
I know. What makes you think that'd matter? People would take it as making a toy out of people's murders.
>>
Just come visit Europe, m8.
>>
>>340886648
>why has nobody made this yet?
Because it's offensive and tasteless.
>>
File: hitler.png (1 MB, 1600x967) Image search: [Google]
hitler.png
1 MB, 1600x967
>asymetrical 15v3
>unarmed civs with regular items vs active shooters
>dead by daylight like gameplay
>be able to juke, use environment to evade shooters
>maybe have 1 or 2 cops with guns of themselves but less powerful and not as physiologically fueled as the shooters

I feel like you would need to stick NPC's in there to help fill out crowds and such but no one wants NPC's in their game, so maybe some sort of ticket system so theres always new civs respawning in different parts of the levels and the shooters have to go through and wipe out everyone and complete some task like a bombing or something

>school level
>mall level
>amusement park
>movie theater

the list goes on, maybe even add in some sort of psyco twist on the killer/shooter so they use other weapons too.

basically a third person Hatred but with people controller the civs.

mite b cool
>>
>>340888806
Disaster report is usually what it gets localized as.
Apparently there are 3 games with a 4th on Dev hell due to the tsunami/earthquake combo in 2011.
I also remember seeing what I think was a disater report spin off where you have to survive Godzilla and evangelion battles as a civilian on /m/.
>>
>>340889326
So does Call of Duty normies everyone love it because it's patriotic.
>>
>>340889579
What would be the win conditions for the civs though?
>>
>>340891185

Escape? I didn't really put a lot though into my offhand game idea post, sorry.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.