[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one that thinks that Prague looks disappointing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: gxg.jpg (161 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
gxg.jpg
161 KB, 1080x600
Am I the only one that thinks that Prague looks disappointing ?

Cyberpunk games aren't meant to happen during daytime. One scene or another is fine like Panchaea in HR , but having the city hub during daylight ruins the mood.
>>
>>340876169
>Cyberpunk games aren't meant to happen during daytime.
That's the stupidest thing I've read all day.
>>
Might have day/night or story cycles
>>
File: 1447467043824.jpg (19 KB, 239x207) Image search: [Google]
1447467043824.jpg
19 KB, 239x207
>IT'S A "CYBERPUNK IS JUST NEON SIGNS AND SYNTH MUSIC IN THE BACK" EPISODE AGAIN
FUCK YOU AND FUCK PEOPLE LIKE YOU
UGLY ASS BITCH SHIT NIGGER, CYBERPUNK IS ABOUT THE SETTING AND THE STORE, NOT YOUR FUCKING BLADERUNNER WANKMIND ORGY BULLSHIT
10\10 MAD
>>
>>340876169

It has a day and night cycle. At least in one of their videos they showed the same place during multiple different times of a day.
>>
are they seriously going with the aug people discrimination? like, seriously?
remember when the original was about global conspiracies and secret organizations controlling the world? what the fuck happened
>>
File: 014759.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
014759.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
>>340876169
If you want Blade Runner, no one is going to take that away. I get what you're saying but if every cyberpunk was at night with neon signs and raining there's nothing new to admire.
Remember Me is a good example of cyberpunk with good daytime levels. It looks like people actually live in it, there are actually people that are happy with their lives.
>>
>Cyberpunk is literally equivalent to film noir meme
>>
>>340876169
I hope it's just one section of the game like that. Hopefully there is another hub that is a proper Cyberpunk location.

>>340877615
Like always this is probably just the story on the surface level and a few hours in it will quickly evolve into Illuminati conspiracy theories.
>>
Game?
>>
>>340879393

Deus Ex Mankind Divided
>>
>>340879342
just like in the first game heh? and then zombies!

neo deus ex is trash
>>
>>340877686
Remember Me had a fucking gorgeous setting and beautiful, unique puzzles.

Shame the combat sucked ass.
>>
File: 1360277983594.jpg (91 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1360277983594.jpg
91 KB, 447x444
>>340877615
This desu!
All that artifical SJW faggotry drama seems so inflated and forced just because a bunch of nu-male bachelor of arts game designers think it's important enough to make Twitter/Facebook first world problem posts the main theme of their game.
>>
>>340877615

This game will not be nearly as good as Human Revolution.

The only thing remotly interesting until now for me is the despiction of a cyberpunk Dubai.

Everything else just seems forced.
>>
>>340876169
I don't know. Train station is gloomy weather give me feelings of melancholy.
>>
>>340876897
>That's the stupidest thing I've read all day.
Then educate yourself on what the cyberpunk genre is, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>340876169

Yes. The setting dictates that the sun doesn't exist, and the world is in perpetual darkness.

You spastic.

Bladerunner has several scenes set in daylight hours. Most are indoors with heavy light filters, but Cyberpunk isn't exclusive to night. These niggers aren't Vampires.
>>
>>340879342
Well the surface story in HR was that some people really hated augmentation and blew factories up and then the Illuminati happened.
This time its everyone hates augmentations for real and Jensens working with anti-terror cops as a cover while trying to find illuminati plots to try and foil. So obviously its going to be about more then just robut-apartheid.
We already know of one guy getting set up by what they've shown on gameplay.
>>
>>340880176
in gloomy weather* welp
>>
When I spoke with Jonathan at PAX Prime last year, I kept bugging him about VR support and he simply smiled and winked at me, so here's hoping I'll be able to use my Vive on this game.
>>
>>340877615
>start with something local, or publicized
>it's the leaping point into the conspiracies

You don't think ever, do you.

>>340876169
>>340880263
You're both idiots. Cyberpunk doesn't mean that the day doesn't exist.
>>
>>340876169
Why limit the medium? Fanboys like you, although keep the idea alive, also keep it from becoming something more.
>>
Anyone else replaying HR in preparation for this game?
>>
>>340876169
Seems like a retread on the themes HR explored. Hopefully it's not the main focus though.
>>
>>340876169
cyberpunk goes way more than an endless night on a city of lights
>>
Honestly, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has looked like the most meh thing to me ever. It looks like Human Revolution 2, which is not a bad thing, but is not something I'm super excited about either.
>>
>>340881858

The trailers have been pretty good, but I really doubt the quality of the "mechanical apartheid" idea.
>>
If you want something to complain about, mention the GUI's design.

It's simplistic as fuck and looks retarded because of it. I could've designed similar buttons after a few hours in Paint.

Aside from that, OP's criticism is retarded.
>>
>cyberpunk
>there is no daylight any more
>we blew up the sun
>eternal night
>the future that awaits

OP is a visionary
>>
>>340880263
>i'm only into meme cyberpunk
>>
>>340876169

youre reatrded
>>
Not every Cyberpunk setting has to be Blade Runner my man.
>>
>>340882904
>>
Threadly reminder that if you prefer old school cyberpunk with muh neons instead of modern cyberpunk you are in just because of the asthetics and you are no better than steamfags.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.