[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
total war: warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: adviser.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
adviser.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
I hate this guy
CA always needs an adviser, thats fine, but in Warhammer they have been incredibly lazy about it. in past total war games, they had a random character from your faction do the talking, now its this guy for EVERY race!
while he fits for chaos and vampire, arguably empire, he is so out of place in a greenskin campaign!
Adviser to Grimgor Ironhide?! A puny lil humie? What the hell?! They could have made the effort and given different advisor characters to different races, greenskins needed a goblin shaman or something instead.

While I enjoy playing the game overall, I do see this lazyness in many parts of the game.
>>
>walls being destroyed is just them vanishing in smoke now, disappointing
>>
>>340845821
not just that, the whole city layout is just a linear wall. whats the fun in attacking just one wall, I liked the 360° sieges
>>
>>340845670
Because he's a servant of Tzeentch who becomes a Lord of Change near the end of the campaign.

Hence why he's the advisor in all the factions.
>>
>This action does not have my consent!

I thought this was happening because I was playing Chaos and selection non-Chaos units. But no, he says it even when playing Empire.
>>
>>340847001
>Because he's a servant of Tzeentch
Yes
>who becomes a Lord of Change near the end of the campaign.
No
He isn't the daemon, he's just a pawn
>>
>>340845670
I think the laziest part of the game is its handling of difficulty. All higher difficulty does is giving you artificial economical disadvantages and at the same time giving huge artifical economical boosts to the enemy. It doesnt make the game any more challenging, just more tedious. Aside from this, the game is great.
>>
>>340847652
My biggest gripe is that I just want town maps and unit abilities like shield wall and the like.
>>
>>340846018
You have shit taste and are a poor judge of TW games

In terms of sieges TWW/S2 shit on everything else and this is just a fact.
>>
>>340847770
Those abilities are in game, they are automatic now.
>>
>>340847810
>only my tastes and opinions are relevant, everyone else is just wrong

grow up, reducing sieges to one linear wall is just dumbing down gameplay
>>
>>340847001
>>340847173
wait, this is only true for chaos campaign and fits there. in all the other campaigns he stays "loyal" to the faction you picked and does not react to the emergence of the everwatcher other than to tell you about it
no reaction when you kill the daemon either
>>
>>340847810
>the shogun 2 meme

>>340846018
This. The siege element to this is atrocious, especially considering you don't even fight in a village if it doesn't have walls, just some field. And for a Faction like Vampires, its entirely inefficient to assault high defense Empire towns because you'll always take less losses auto resolving.

And why have they just decided to nullify the point of sieging an opponent out by attrition. It takes like fucking 15 turns.
>>
>>340850754
15 turns to starve them out, 8 turns or something like that till they suffer attrition from missing supplies...
but then they lose half their troops in the first tick and I dont know whats up with that
>probably kill half their men to fill up stock again
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.