[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gotta love the attitude
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: Screenshot_2016-06-12-09-25-51.png (672 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-12-09-25-51.png
672 KB, 720x1280
Gotta love the attitude
>>
kind of a goku get em attitude
>>
Not really.

Its a pretty obvious way of deflecting. People would shit on him more if he didn't joke about it himself.

He probably still fucking hates it.
>>
le dewritos pope meme is the only thing that makes him relevant. pathetic

he's basically the western version of tak fuji, nigga just accepted his memetic persona because it's all he has
>>
>>340836985
Is that supposed to look like an arcade machine?
>>
>>340837334
WAN MIRRION
>>
>>340837415
You WILL be sucked.
>>
I kinda like Geoff. He honestly seems to really love video games.
>>
File: 1464826728626.png (772 KB, 1067x795) Image search: [Google]
1464826728626.png
772 KB, 1067x795
he's alright.

Despite the memes, he's just a 90s era brodude who just talks about the games and gives interesting interviews and scoops. The only kind of video game journalist who isn't full of shit.

No in-your-face wacky personality, no politics, maybe some exagerration of awesome something is to buils up hype, but otherwise just the facts and a Doritos ad.

I can't sympathize with any ill-will towards the guy when so much else is cancerous.
>>
>>340837398
That's obvious don't you think?
>>
>>340837645
He does, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when he started doing that dorito pope shit
>>
Why do people hate geoff? Sure he's had the soul sucked out of him the past 6-7 years, but the dude legitimately loves video games. He's one of the only respectable video game "journalists" around. Give the guy a break, its not his fault the industry turned to shit.
>>
>>340837334
I'd take their memetic personas any day over the hipster faggots we've got making indie-games or pretending to be journalists in this industry.
>>
>>340837334
Not many people would be able to embrace that fiasco, which is why I van't not respect him to some degree.
>>
>>340837913
>Watch from the inside as the industry you once loved turns to complete shit
>Watch as hype culture, mass marketing and identity politics make a farce of a medium that used to be at the very least fun
>Finally you, as a "gaming journalist" are forced to market a shitty videogame while sitting beside a host of corporate sponsored products to make a living off the career you once loved.

Id be dead on the inside too if i was geoff. At least he has a sense of humor about it.
>>
>be a completely dead inside corporate stooge cunt
>people rip you a new asshole and turn your life into a meme
>embrace the meme while continuing to be a corporate sell out stooge
>"wow I have respect for this guy now he repeats our memes"

You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>340838386
>implying he isn't partly responsible for the hype and marketing in the first place

He helped create it.
>>
>>340838508
He was at worst a middle man following orders to keep his slightly above average job. He was simply the face saying what the higher ups wanted, if not him someone else would have done it.

While he was complicit in it, hes not responsible for it
>>
>>340837246
>>340838402
Only adults in these threads.

>H-HE USED OUR MEME GUYS
>TOTALLY UNJUST'D! HE'S NOT A SHILL

I mean I used to think like that too when I was 15, which is why I KNOW most of you are underage.
>>
>>340837334
>>340837415
I decided to look up the game that he was pitching, and it looks like another Mousou type game. I always did wonder, how were they able to squeeze so many enemies on screen while keeping the framerate reasonably stable, especially considering how limited consoles are? Looking closer at how the enemies operate, it seems like they are heavily simplified, and will almost always mirror one another in animations and status.
>>
>>340838386

There are still plenty of great video games to get excited about. Fuck off man
>>
>>340838835
I actually rented it at blockbuster when it came out. Absoloutely hated it. Bland as fuck.
>>
>>340838912
There will always be great games, they just dont come from the AAA studios anymore.

They used to though.
>>
>>340838757
You realize repeating what someone else said but making it all caps and adding stutter is one of the most juvenile things you can do, right? It's the laziest way to berate people on /v/ right next to just saying "______ fans will defend this."
>>
File: 1465373684835.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465373684835.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>340838757
>basking in your hatred for a PR man is a sign of maturity
>says the unemployed literally who on 4chan
>>
>>340838386
>>Finally you, as a "gaming journalist" are forced to market
>forced
Sure thing buddy, I bet he is still wiping his tears with that doritos money. They basically raped him.
>>
>>340839041
The AAA model is a self-fulfilling prophecy that WILL come true, almost always due to the same reasons. Company makes a game, it is a hit, company wants to make more. To speed up the process, they hire more people, further diluting the chemistry and strength the limited group once had. With 100 employees instead of 12, communication is at an all time low, and the entire company's motto is 'numbers above all'.

In short, video games is where the ugliest aspects of capitalism can thrive.
>>
>>340839483
Why are you projecting so much? I actually have a job.
>>
>>340839701

I can't wait to go to the Taco Bell you work at and chastise you for being a corporate pawn over the drive-thru speaker while you offer the Spicy Habanero Doritos Locos Taco, you who sticks it to the man on 4chan.
>>
>>340840005
So after projecting like a madman, you now further assume I work minimum wage. This is really pathetic, you know?
>>
File: dewman.jpg (21 KB, 317x405) Image search: [Google]
dewman.jpg
21 KB, 317x405
I'm glad he is alive again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKDfYkg1Le4
>>
>>340837334
no, you're just an idiot. you sure typed a lot about something you know nothing of.
>>
>>340840252
well it's no ones fault but your own that the comments you post here make you look like a bitter neckbeard
>>
>>340840252

I never said minimum wage, they might have given you a dollar or two raise.
>>
File: 1439629172901.jpg (84 KB, 609x676) Image search: [Google]
1439629172901.jpg
84 KB, 609x676
So he is aware of being Dorito Pope?

Geoff always seemed like a nice guy.
>>
>>340840432
I'm really far from a neckbeard. You shouldn't assume I am /r9k/ tier just because I don't like your epic meme pope man.

>>340840481
Was that supposed to be an actual comeback response or something? You're still projecting.
>>
>>340840252
>inb4 I'm a self-funded artist and independent stock broker who calls no man boss and is totally free from the degrading shackles of capitalism

You're either deluded, unemployed, or you're projecting your own guilt about selling out onto Geoff, who really isn't that bad.
>>
>>340837334
DON'T SHIT ON TAK FUJI YOU MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
>>340836985
Us Gamers now have our Mecca.
>>
>>340840634
He has been for a while. He's a pretty chill dude, just has to deal with a lot of the marketing and PR shit surrounding games now to get anywhere
>>
>>340839483
Isn't that the guy that did this one interview with Jimmy Onishi in Gaki. I forgot his name, he was in politics, right?
>>
>>340840634
Geoff is a decent person. He just made a deal with Satan and doesn't have a soul any more.
>>
File: happy snack.jpg (196 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
happy snack.jpg
196 KB, 800x581
>>340840634
He just want to talk about video games.
>>
>>340841060
>yellow highlights
kawaii
>>
File: 1463972950241.jpg (358 KB, 1536x1884) Image search: [Google]
1463972950241.jpg
358 KB, 1536x1884
If he were writing reviews or opinion articles, there might be a conflict of interest. The Gamespot/Kane & Lynch fiasco is an example of conflict-of-interest. Taking calls from companies to unveil their games or showing off a bag of Doritos is hardly reprehensible when literally every corporation does it.

General Electric has industry folks come in an show off the new features for their washing machine, oil newsletters deliver the news on whatever Dutch Shell is doing, etc. He's never made himself out to be Roger Ebert or Lewis Sinclair, he's there to make companies deliver whatever message they have in a way that is exciting and comfortable for the devs. Which is alright.

Cancer is shit like Kotaku or Polygon distorting the news to engender controversy so they can get precious clicks or the Gamespot fiasco mentioned above. GameTrailers and pretty much every other company affiliated with Geoff have been wholesome and ethical by comparison.
>>
>>340839403
Why are sjw's trying so hard to deconstruct /v/ culture lately?
>>
A bunch of stupid memes.

Shilling doritos and mt dew and shit like that is why he's a rich fuck.

He's great for games. Literally only him and giant bomb approach it seriously and grill people on shit. He even called out konami on their shit on live tv. He grills Reggie everyyear on nintendo and why they're always behind.

Anyone else literally would just gush like a child and praise anyone and anything.

>inbefore meme replies like "go away geoff" because this board is nothing but dumb children who shy away from real discussion and shitpost memes in place of real argument

I can see why Geoff is in his position and why the rest of you are fedoraneckbeards living with your parents.
>>
>>340842290
who is this sperm worm
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.