[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have video games gotten easier or is it just all nostalgia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
Have video games gotten easier or is it just all nostalgia?
>>
>dark souls
>super meat boy
>iwbtg
i hope this is baitu
>>
Nostalgia we spent hours playing one game trying to beat it yet don't actually remember all of the shitty archaic shit from them.
>>
>>340748383
SU is overrated as fuck. It's a jack of all trades master of none show.
>>
>>340748664
That describes gumball more than any other cartoon currently running
Regular Show is breddy great too if you can tolerate Mordecai. Ren and Stimpy is one of the worst cartoons ever made and I wish people would stop sucking John K's micropenis
>>
>>340747960
> Bravest Warriors under "shit nobody with half a brain cell would ever watch" alongside Family Guy.

I'll fucking cut you.
>>
>>340748939
Gumball is just a comedy though.
>>
>>340749884
So is Family Guy, doesn't make it less shit.
>>
>>340747960
video gaming is a skill you've practiced for years of your life, now games seem easier because you're better at it
>>
John K fans are probably the most cancerous cartoon fans outside of horsefuckers
>>
Why don't you play the old games and find out for yourself you colossal homo. It's not like they're gone.
>>
>>340749994
Except Gumball has way better animation than FG
>>
>>340750210
This x1000
>>
new games are easier to make publisher make more money because they are easy to access. old games are filled with bullshit, emulators made me realize that shitty controls and enemies that are placed on spots to make you lose and spend more money/time on the game, are just as bad as making games easier, and pay to win shit.
>>
>>340750364

They're both shit.
>>
>>340748360

Dark Souls is easy as shit compared to 90% of 8-bit games.
>>
>>340749407

You are the first person ever I see caring about that shit show

The only valid thing I ever heard from that show is the catbug meme
>>
File: 150px-Penn.png (59 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
150px-Penn.png
59 KB, 150x200
>cartoons made after 1999
>>
>>340751596
Maybe if you didn't grow up playing them fag. DS1 is more difficult and original than the majority of games released in the past decade.
>>
>>340751994
It really isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=potu8wNDP98
>>
>>340751994
>in the past decade.

Most games released in the past decade are for babies.

Also, your post makes no sense.
>>
>>340751429
Nope
>>
>>340752173
I'm not saying that it **can't** be ezmode. Literally any game can be easy once you understand the mechanics and play for a while. It's just more difficult than the majority of games currently being released.

>>340752184
>Most games released in the past decade are for babies.
You're only playing/paying attention to the ones that are meant for babies, then.

>Also, your post makes no sense
Sounds like you need to brush up on your reading comprehension, buddy.
>>
>>340751429
I'd rather watch early family guy than any gumball trash.
>>
>>340752484
>Sounds like you need to brush up on your reading comprehension, buddy.

No, you said, "Maybe if you didn't grow up playing them fag"

If I grew up playing 8-bit games, I would know that they are, in fact, harder than comparatively easy as shit games like 'Dark Souls'. The game is only called hard by babies like yourself who's first console was a Sony console and didn't grow up with difficult games.
>>
>>340752597

I'd rather kill myself than watch either one. They're both fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1452830689572.png (161 KB, 410x356) Image search: [Google]
1452830689572.png
161 KB, 410x356
>>340747960
what order is this supposed to be read in
>>
>>340751821

Everything made after 1999 is shit.

Everyone born after 1989 is shit.
>>
>>340752894

Left to right, are you autistic?
>>
>>340752809
You would rather kill yourself than watch a tv show.

Ok.
>>
>>340753357

Yup. Those TV shows? Absolutely. I would sooner put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger than watch either of those two abominations.
>>
>>340753516
That's pretty dramatic, anon.

Is everything okay at home?
>>
>>340752698
Anyone who grew up playing NES/SNES games would know they're not nearly as difficult as they felt when you were a child. Dark Souls is not inherently difficult, but when you pin it next to any other brainless faceroll arpg (e.g. diablo 3) it's obviously more challenging in all aspects.

>The game is only called hard by babies like yourself who's first console was a Sony console and didn't grow up with difficult games.

Nice projection. Tell me, why did you lie when you ticked the box to verify your age?
>>
>>340753645
Well, I don't have Cartoon Network and none of those shitty cartoons are on my TV, so I can't complain too much. :)
>>
>>340753726
>Dark Souls is not inherently difficult

At last, we agree. You're still a baby, though.
>>
I don't care.

Do you? Do you really care? Is your self-worth wholeheartedly dependent on the caliber of video games you are playing? Do you feel like less of a man if the game in front of you doesn't check off enough boxes in the 'hardcore video games for hardcore gamers like myself' checklist?
>>
>>340747960
>tfw cel animation is dead anymore due to budget and time constraints
>>
I haven't had cable since the mid 2000s. I only catch glimpses of what's currently playing on cable TV every so many months when I visit family. What's TV like presently, /v/?
>>
>>340755057

Every channel plays the same 4 shows all day, constantly. Usually in marathons.
>>
>>340755057
Shit.

History channel went from hitler, to aliens, to literal trash tier shows. All modern sitcoms are awful. TLC has become 70% fat fuck shows, 30% trash reality tv. Content has been dumbed down.

Also this >>340755202
>>
>>340748383
But what if I'm triggered by weak writing and sappy songs?
>>
All modern cartoons are for autists. Hell, most of them even feature autistic children as the main characters.
>>
>>340753035
DUDE REMEMBER THE 90S
>>
>>340756962

Lots of shitty people were born in that decade.
>>
Here's my half-assed hypothesis:

In the 80's and 90's games were marketted towards kids. You had lots of free time but no money so you played whatever game you had regardless of its difficulty.

These days the gaming market has grown and the average consumer is older. They have less time to play games, but there's more stuff competing for their attention. If they get stuck on some part of a game, they'll just abandon it and find something else to do. AAA developers spend millions on making the game and if there are parts that remain unseen by most players, then they've wasted their money and time.
>>
So where does Disney fit in this mess of nostalgia?
>>
>>340757740
Disney influxes a lot currently they're on a good streak
>>
>>340748383
SU is too melodramatic sometimes it's really annoying
>>
>>340757730

If games today were films, they'd be Michael Bay movies.
>>
>>340748383
I get triggered by shitty CalArts animation.
>>
>>340747960
anime was never good
>>
>>340755057
Libtard propaganda.
>>
Games are easy now because easy games appeal to normalfags and normalfags compose the largest possible demographic.
>>
>>340755057
Different shows, same net effect.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.