[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: PSTV.png (91 KB, 900x499) Image search: [Google]
PSTV.png
91 KB, 900x499
What went wrong?
>>
>>340744674
Sony making gimmicks for their audience as always
>>
File: 1433201176245.png (572 KB, 771x750) Image search: [Google]
1433201176245.png
572 KB, 771x750
Nifty little device if you were interested in the vita library but didn't want to get a vita
But Sony of america didn't even advertise that it played vita games.

They tried to label it as a device to stream games from your ps4 to another part of your house
>>
>>340744674
wait, playstation ever had a TV? since when?
>>
>>340744674
Made limited library even more limited
No netflix
>>
File: IMG_20160611_145010.jpg (397 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_145010.jpg
397 KB, 2592x1944
mine doesn't work
>>
>>340744674
- WiFi connectivity completely depends on how close your modem is to your PSTV and PS4
- Couldn't even play most VITA games at launch due to them being made before 2013
- To prevent piracy using a USB, they only have one port, and it's for the controller
- Still have to buy the ridiculously overpriced propitiatory memory
- Staying connected while buying/downloading games from the PS Store on WiFi is a nightmare
>>
>>340744674
It didn't support all Vita games.
Expensive memory cards.
Extremely limited apps, less then what the Vita supported.

Sony are pretty stupid about things sometimes, they probably hoped it would have the appeal of the apple tv or something. What they should have done?

>Full support of all Vita games. Games that use touch screen could either be patched to support controllers, or user could use simulated touch controls. This may mean some games would still be unplayable, it's better to let the user play it anyway, instead of not knowing which of their games will work.

>Allow user to use any SD card. Users could then store many games, greatly increasing the chance of them buying digital games

>Price all digital games better. PSP games should be $10 max, PS1 $5. Vita games should really only be $20 for anything older then a year.

>Give it tons of modern apps. Netflix, hulu, amazon instant video, youtube, ect.

>Should have sold the system plus ps3 controller plus memory card for $100, just the pstv for $60-80.

It would have been a slick little device had they done that.
>>
>>340744928
>PSTV
>Gimmick
>Literally just a vita that plugs into your television

Sick gimmick
>>
>>340744674
Nothing, it works pretty well.
>>
You still have to use Sony's awful overpriced memory sticks. If you could just use an SD card it'd be a great alternative to getting a Vita.
>>
>>340744674
Whoa! This thread convinced me, I'm going to buy two tomorrow! One to use, and one to save unopened to sell in twenty years, it will be a true part of Sony history and nostalgia!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.