[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into Atelier series. I can only emulate, so it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: aa.png (1 MB, 755x679) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
1 MB, 755x679
I want to get into Atelier series. I can only emulate, so it's limited to pic related.
Which one should I play?
>>
>>340736075
The Iris series and Mana Khemia are nothing like other Atelier games. They're not bad, but they're from a time where Gust was trying to appeal to mainstream JRPG players and started having male protagonists and more typical JRPG gameplay and stories. You can enjoy them but they're not a good representation of what either the older or more modern Atelier games are. The main thing they keep is the alchemy.
Annie is closer to the other Atelier games, except it's a spinoff so it's just lower budget.
>>
>>340736075
Annie is the only proper Atelier game in your pic. The rest are just regular JRPG.
I want to fuck Annie.
>>
just don't.
>>
>>340736075

atelier iris and mana khemia play nothing like the atelier game on ps3, the one on DS is more similiar but honestly it sucks

that said mana khemia is an amazing game that you should play right now

so play mana khemia
>>
>>340736075
>I want to get into Atelier series. I can only emulate
then forget about atelier
>>
>>340736538

he could emulate the older psx and ps2 games but they are all in japanese so...

but seriously just play mana khemia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBtKmiVRhw
>>
>>340736538
He can learn moon and play Violet and the PS1 Ateliers.
>>
>>340736536
I tried Mana Khemia a while ago but dropped it when I had to grind to kill the first monster. Is the whole game like this?
>>
File: one of us.jpg (233 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
one of us.jpg
233 KB, 1280x896
>>340736828
Mana Khemia is a meme game. Just buy a PS3 and start with Rorona+.
>>
>>340736828

>i had to grind to kill the first monster

What? Mana khemia is easy as fuck, there is a time system where monster get super strong during the night so it wouldn't surprise me if your dumb ass tried to pick a fight when it was night
>>
File: Nora_to_Toki_no_Koubou.jpg (246 KB, 498x450) Image search: [Google]
Nora_to_Toki_no_Koubou.jpg
246 KB, 498x450
>>340736781
If OP knows Japanese, he should play better Atelier game.
>>
>>340736075
Mana Khemia is nothing like the Atelier series, specifically in that that Mana Khemia games are actually good. You should play those.
>>
>>340736075
Iris
>>
>>340736075
>I want to get into Atelier series

Why? The games are boring as shit.
>>
>>340736075
Atelier Iris 2 > Atelier Iris 3 > Mana Khemia > Atelier Iris

Havent played MK2 and didnt like annie.

Be warned Atelier Iris seiries is nothing like new Atelier games, they are more like oldschool RPGs where the game follows a story, has a male protag and a balanced party of males, females and non humans instead of being all girl cast or a harem with a shitty story.
>>
What systems do you have, OP?
The Arland trilogy is relatively recent and lauded as one of the best.
>>
stupid pirate scum
>>
>>340738458
>harem
>>
>>340738458
>Atelier
>Harem

wat
>>
>>340738458
Haremfag here, can confirm that PS3 games are not harem, and while no canon relationship in game, yurishit fans somehow love it.
Also Iris 2 > MK > Iris > MK2 > Iris 3.
Viese is the best atelier waifu, ever.
>>
>>340739462
>yurishit

Are you that guy who constantly tries to destroy /nepgen/?
>>
File: ss (2016-06-11 at 08.26.34).png (6 KB, 333x223) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-11 at 08.26.34).png
6 KB, 333x223
>>340740653
No. I filtered most yuri related threads so there is no way i can post there on the first place.
>>
Mana Khemia is fantastic. It has same time structure as persona 3/4, few alchemy, 2 main leads. Nice magic school settings. Combat is pretty flashy.
>>
>>340741037
Good to know. I mean to each his own (I'm a yurifag), but at least you aren't autistic enough to make it a mission to shitpost it up in things that aren't to your personal preference.
>>
Reminder that Flay is best girl and true end.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.