[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: laziness.jpg (177 KB, 834x538) Image search: [Google]
laziness.jpg
177 KB, 834x538
Why is this allowed?
>>
Not sure I understand what you're referring to
>>
>>340736246
A modern reboot/sequel/remake of a game has the exact same name as the original.

"Doom" is a 1993 game, it is also a 2016 game. Tomb Raider came out in 1996, Tomb Raider came out in 2013, Devil May Cry released in 2001, DMC: Devil May Cry released in 2013..... You get the idea.

Its dumb and causes nothing but confusion, people usually end up calling it something unique anyway to diferentiate, why cant Devs just make up a creative name?
>>
>>340736246
look at the titles. Pure laziness.
>>
New generation of players. They're rebooting series

>bf1

See?
>>
>>340736028
What was the first game to do this in the 'modern' era of games? Wolfenstein? Why the fuck won't people just stop it already?
>>
Its a pain in the ass but I see it like band name fads coming into the 2000's and today, they'll stick with this trend for awhile like naming your band after a vowel and a number, then go move on to whatever the cool kids are doing next, some VERB the NOUN structure.

How often did you see Revalations in the last console gen? Exactly. Its the same shit, different river
>>
>>340736735
Are you complaining that the titles are indicative of the nature of the game?
>>
>>340737042

>a vowel and a number

U2 formed in the 70s, E-40 has been active since the 80s. I can't think of any others. What are you talking about?
>>
>>340736729
To be fair, Thief 1 was called The Dark Project, and Hitman 1 was called Codename 47.
>>
>>340738443

I'm talking the wave of pop punk bands like Blink 182 or Sum 41 etc. I'm aware that bands have been using numbers for a century.
>>
>>340738558

Do you not know what a vowel is?
>>
>>340736729
You're right. It's a phenomena and developers think it's cool. Aren't they doing the same with the new ghostbusters?
>>
Because you want the old fanbase along with a bunch of new fans.

This is why companies looove reboots.
>>
>>340736028
I loved Tomb Raider 2013. Unlocking tools and going back to use those tools in a new way to reveal areas you've never been to was incredibly old school.
>>
>>340738609

I'm sorry? I know the definition but I'm confused what you're talking about
>>
>>340739000
A-E-I-O-U are vowels, anon.
Blink, Sum and Eiffel arent.
>>
>>340739000

>naming your band after a vowel and a number
>Blink 182
>Sum 41

I really don't think you do.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.