[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this be the best modern MMO if the combat wasn't such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 21
File: header_early_access-612x337.jpg (30 KB, 612x337) Image search: [Google]
header_early_access-612x337.jpg
30 KB, 612x337
Would this be the best modern MMO if the combat wasn't such hot trash?
>>
>>340733063
>Secret World's setting with GW1 combat
>it will NEVER EVER happen
>>
I don't know anon, I haven't played it. Why are you asking me this.
>>
It'd be nice if it had more in-depth puzzles than googling shit, too.

Yeah yeah, there's some 'great stuff' later on, but it was boring as shit 10 hours into the game.
>>
>>340733063
Probably. Maybe grimmer graphics too. I just didn't feel the atmosphere, it was just lacking even though everything was there
But it's an mmo so that's probably why
>>
File: 1465615178585.jpg (431 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
1465615178585.jpg
431 KB, 900x1125
>>340733386
I actually really liked the in-game web client and using the internet to solve puzzles. Unless you are talking about just straight up googling the answer in which case you are a faggot.
>>
>>340733983

I liked almost all investigation quests that I played.

Ended up dropping the game in the second egypt area, though, in egypt there were barely any investigation quests and the repetitive normal quests coupled with the game's boring solo combat just didn't do it for me at all. Not to mention the game had tons of small content DLCs at that point each of which cost more than what I paid for the base game, it didn't seem worth it at all.
>>
>>340734196
The area after Egypt is actually 9/10, if you are ever bored and willing to play, I'd say rush through Egypt to get to the area after. That is what I did and was very worth.
>>
>>340733983

>Googling something in your browser is different from googling something in the in-game web client

k
>>
>>340733063
Well the combat and the sameface character models were the only really bad things about this game.
Dropped it in Transylvania where I hit a difficulty spike and my elementalist build suddenly stopped being viable for soloing shit.
>>
>>340734314
There is a difference of using the clues to go to find more clues in wikipedia or etc, than going to a game guide and looking up the answer which is what sounds like you do.
>>
>>340734314
No, googling a lead while following a clue you found in game is fine.
Straight up googling the correct solution for the quest is faggotry.
>>
>>340734369

>Looking for the answer on wikipedia in google is different from looking for the answer on wikipedia via the in game browser

k

>>340734425

It's all basic googling shit. It's not interesting at all and requires literally 0 thinking.
>>
File: 1442791917630.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1442791917630.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>340734546
>>340734369
>>340733386
Spotted the retard that couldn't figure out investigation puzzles without being spoonfed
>>
>>340734546
>It's all basic googling shit. It's not interesting at all and requires literally 0 thinking.
Bull fucking shit. Spoken like someone who gave up on the first puzzle an googled the answer right away.
>>
>some of the best writing in games to start quests
>every quest ends with a text message, no closure, no nothing

what could have possibly possessed them to do this.
>>
>>340734990
EA rushing them is quite likely
>>
>>340734990
I actually liked that. The actual story of the quest had already culminated by that point and I didn't feel like I was lacking closure.
Plus I didn't have to run back to any quest givers just to hand something in.
>>
>>340733063
>Would this be the best modern MMO if the combat wasn't such hot trash?
No, but it's still a pretty good game.
>>
>>340733063
It'd be a much better game for sure. While I loved the quests and atmosphere, the combat is still a large aspect of the game and it just sucks.
>>
File: dance time now.gif (1 MB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
dance time now.gif
1 MB, 350x270
What kind of combat improvement? I wouldn't know where to start.

I'd at least make the animations better.
>>
>>340735695
I'd honestly say trash the whole damn system and start over.
>>
>>340735695
The only direction they could go with a new combat system is up, I'm just not sure it could be worse unless they put in negative amounts of effort into the new combat.
>>
I don't get why people say this. I guess it's just the bad players who think that way. The combat is good.
>>
>>340733063
>>340734364

fucking morons

if you are stupid fucking faggot children with absolutely no knowledge of what you're talking about please shut the fuck up and let the adults talk.

i'm sure the combat was really the only singular problem and the reason a puzzle MMORPG is complete unplayable trash, sure, well said kids. fucking idiots.

never make a thread again

kill yourself
>>
>>340735695
Animations is one of the reasons i stopped playing, i like the combat, and the dungeons where fun as fuck. I quick after full pre-raid bis with purple signets and shit.

Sad to see a fun game like TSW die thanks to shitty animations and horrible pvp
>>
Yeah, by far. Amazing atmosphere and really cool setting. Wish it was a single player game with better combat.

Also the game does go slightly downhill in Egypt, after how fucking cool Solomon Island was.
>>
>>340737768
Transylvania > Solomon Island
>>
Wish ranged combat worked better instead of just being melee but you shoot them instead of slice them. Wish I could just do a good rifle build and not have to have magic in everything, I wanted to be an Illuminati commando fighting the forces of the supernatural.
>>
>>340736074
The combat is deep but kinda boring with build resources then a consumer.I found it boring at first too.But making a deck is so much fun.
>>340737310
I don't think its dying.It's not populated but its not dying anytime soon.
>>340737951
You can.
>>
>>340737951
Then do that, just make a build thats not shit
>>
>>340738063
You still pretty much have to mix weapons and I just hate watching my character pull a sword or fists out all the time. Not that there's anything wrong with that build, it's just not what I wanted to do.
>>
>>340738183
Get pistols and a rifle then?
Pistols got one of the best combo builders, or atleast they used the pre-raids. And rifles got some mad combo finishers... You just need to stuck and read on the skills
>>
>>340738183
The build I use for soloing is Assault Rifle/Shotgun.No magic involved in except anima bullets.
>>
>>340733063
I wouldn't call it hot trash.
Hell, I think the combat is better than most MMOs out there. I like that you actually have to be strategic in picking what abilities and passives you have equipped, rather than just having your hotbar constantly get bigger and bigger.
The atmosphere, lore, and the humor are all top tier though (I play Illuminati, so I don't know if the game is as funny if you are a Templar or Dragon. Kirsten Geary for life).
>>
Fuck you whoever keeps putting in these morse code shit. I want thinking puzzles, not to be blinded by flashes of light. Also if you're not using a magic and firearms combo for soloing the majority of the time, you're wasting the setting.
>>
>>340738882
Playing dragon means you never know what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>340739453
What? If you just follow whats happening you'll understand whats going on when playing Dragon, Dragon best faction.
>>
>>340739453
Dragon has the best story.Wish made my first character as Dragon.Templars are led by a damn nigger.
>>
I remember playing this game back in like late 2012 with /v/.

I had fun but the endgame grind at the time was fucking abysmal and you're right that the combat is a hot mess.

It's got a lot of really cool shit going for it though.
>>
>>340736237
>you're totally wrong but I'm not going to give a single reason why
Your opinion is discarded.
>>
>>340734546
There was a puzzle in one of the earlier areas in a game that pointed you towards a bible passage as a hint to where to go next.

Using google to find the bible passage and figure out the next step? Cool shit.

Using google to find a walkthrough that just tells you where to go next? Lazy shit
>>
>>340739920
You don't need to grind as much as before.You can buy most of the endgear with currency you collected throughout the game.
>>
>>340739868
That's what I've heard.
>Play Dragon if you want to get the most lore and story
>Play Templar if you want to feel like the good guys
>Play Illuminati for the hilarity and great writing
>>
>>340740149
Do the game still have tons of different currencys and shit? Thats one of the tings that turned me off the game..
>>
>>340733063
Yes.
>>
the combat is fine until it introduces AEGIS. it adds literally nothing to the game
>>
>>340740363
I heard that even werewolves are connected to Dragons somehow.
>>340740476
There is PAX which is your money that you can easily get by doing things.There is black bullion to buy endgame stuff but I can like 1.5k a week and 2k is the cap.You can so easily get it now.And there is Mark of the Pantheon that you can also buy endgame stuff but you don't use it most of the times.

They are not a mess to confuse you though.You get them so easily rather than grinding 1 week to get hundred or some shit like that.
>>
>>340740149
The issue that I had back then was that it was like, only one 10-man raid? And you had to spend months grinding just to get the gear to do it in the like, 6 dungeons? At max difficulty. (Was it Normal -> Elite -> Nightmare I think?)

It was fun doing the nightmare grind at first. We made a group of all /v/ people who were fresh at endgame and managed to clear cthulhu-wannabe and over time we worked towards clearing them all. And then in order to gear up we had to do all 6 nightmare dungeons. Every day. For like a month. There was this one fucking dungeon where the final boss was like multiple guys in this fucking sewer but you couldn't touch the water because it was electrified and the boss had shields on 3 of his four sides.

I remember that being a pain in the ass.

Got a neat costume out of it though.
>>
>>340740363
Dragon benefits from playing Templar and Illuminati. Someone will say a random "lol chaos" thing that will directly reference events in other faction stories. Dragon has the best follow up emails too. They're the only faction didn't fuck over the old werewolf that helps you out in Transylvania.
>>
>>340740875
Plus you get a blowjob in the intro.
>>
>>340741125
>tfw my character gets more action than I do
>>
>>340740775
>>I heard that even werewolves are connected to Dragons somehow.

>old werewolf
>is sick in seeing young werewolves being influenced by nazi vampires
>yes, nazi vampires are a thing
>they hate commie supersoldiers
>they're fighting each other in Transylvania
>anyways old werewolf guy
>every faction helps him by mercy killing werewolves who have succumbed to the bloodlust typical in the youth
>afterwards each faction treats him differently
>Illuminati kill him because "HELLLOOOOO... werwolf? You just kill those guys."
>Templar put a bullet in the back of his head because all monsters must be slain, even the good ones
>Dragon put him in the back of a van and drive him from Transylvania to Tibet to be with the ancient werewolves who seek enlightenment and mastery over their bloodlust through meditation

What's interesting is that the Dragon part makes it seem like the other two faction's events happened, or at least were attempted, but it was all manipulated to save the werewolf.
>>
>>340740831
I don't think you have to grind so much for gear these days.It's much easier to do since most of the people doing nightmare dungeons (hardest difficulty) are filled with people at least done it 50 times.

The boss you are talking about is Aleksei-Raz in Slaughterhouse.It's the hardest dungeon.
>>
>>340741503
Oh thats what the werewolf at the entrance of Carpathian Fangs was talking about.All the enlightement and shit.
>>
>>340739868
Dragon story was shit until they replaced your handler with that crazy Jap dude
>>
File: The secert wooooooooah.gif (2 MB, 325x519) Image search: [Google]
The secert wooooooooah.gif
2 MB, 325x519
Just fix this stuff please
>>
>>340740875
>Best follow up emails
I dunno about that. Illuminati has some God-tier ones. Probably better for story, but Geary's writing is some great humor.
>>
>>340733063
It's one of the better single player quest based games I've ever played. Secret World is a garbage MMO unfortunately
>>
>>340741726
I haven't played the Tokyo dlc. Was the woman handler a traitor like it was hinted at?
>>
>>340741778
kek your body actually turns now
>>
>>340741561
If I recall when I played Hell Fallen was the hardest, but only because it was nearly impossible to clear without exploits.
>>
File: asdasd.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Just downloaded the game again, do i have anything worth shit? I got full QL 10 purple on me.

My crit chance is only 7%, i remember it being close to 50-60%. I guess they made changes to how stats work
>>
the concept is cool as fuck.
>>
>>340741836
She wasnt a traitor, Daimon was just much better at the whole chaos and predicting shit
>>
>>340741879
You have lots of tacos.Maybe you can sell those signets if there is anything worth.Other than that there will be a world boss event where people will summon 200 world bosses and youll surely get some QL10 gear there.It's at 20.00 BST.Other than that you don't have anything worth.
>>
File: asdasdasd.png (1 MB, 1456x792) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.png
1 MB, 1456x792
>>340741879
Here are my stats and items
>>
>>340741879
Critical chance was buffed hardcore actually. Also all your shit is virtually worthless.
>>
File: taco.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
taco.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>340742168
I have been eating a good amount of tacos in my days

>>340742229
Hmm, i guess i have to find new gear then, rip. mind checking it out >>340742202 ?
>>
>>340742202
You can do nighmare dungeons.If you got some PAX and black bullion go to your HQ and upgrade your gear.For nightmare dungeons you need at least 4000+ attack rating.Your crit is ok should be fine.
>>
>>340742168
There's an ingame event tonight?
Gotta download the client quick.
>>
>>340742415
Yeah its a community driven one.A cabal collected world boss summon rituals for some months and going to summon lots of them.Other people are joining too.It would be epic.At least 200+ bosses.
>>
>>340742407
I have been doing nightmare dungeons, why is it 4k rating now?

Also after checking everything i remembered that i was going a penetrate build, i didnt care about crit. Must have been a bad stat back when i played
>>
>>340742616
iirc back in the day penetration and crit power were the main builds you'd get on stats, and you'd rely on skill passives that gave a flat increase on crit chance.

At least that's what I think it was for my old pistol/shotgun build.
>>
>doing quests in the haunted house that is built on the Indian burial ground
>spooky spooky spooky
>walk inside to a dozen people erping in the lobby
>DONT MIND ME, JUST GONNA TALK TO THE OLD LADY
>walk outside and there's a community RP session about some mysterious car accident

TSW is a trip
>>
>>340742616
You can still do with 3k rating but you'll probably get carried by other people.And some of the bosses are DPS check if you find a group same stats as you you'll probably die a lot.That being said I'm not a DPS player so I might be fully wrong too.Just hope on Sanctuary and ask there.
>>
>>340741503
>Illuminati kill him because "HELLLOOOOO... werwolf? You just kill those guys."
they're not wrong. nothing about this war so far had been about moralizing, why start now
>>
>>340742491
What server/dimension is this happening on? Or did they merge them or something? Haven't played in a while.
>>
>>340733983
The puzzles were shit.
>>
>>340743113
Actually, what that guy said isn't entirely right.
All that the Illuminati said was, "Once he stops being useful, we're probably going to have to kill him, so don't get too attached."
We don't actually know for sure if they killed him or not.
>>
I don't know how to say this, but I got stuck after finishing all the Egypt missions. Where should I go next? And what other areas are there?
>>
File: tswtok.jpg (98 KB, 1896x940) Image search: [Google]
tswtok.jpg
98 KB, 1896x940
>this fucking quest
>>
>>340743259
It doesn't matter which server you are on you get teleported to an empty one with your raid group.It's just one big server.
>>340743716
Follow the story mission it should take you to the Transylvania.
>>
File: tswta.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tswta.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
>>340743716
uh, Transylvania. Tokyo? you're not even half way through all the game's content bruh
>>
File: thats nice.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thats nice.jpg
461 KB, 1920x1080
>>340743590
I'm sure the ilumanty will always have use for an immortal werewolf who wants to stop bloodcrazed werewolves though

in any case your handler is just too good to pass up. best faction.
>>
>>340733063
Every time I hear about this game, this is my thought process.
>You know, this game actually seems pretty cool!
>They don't talk about the gameplay much which worries me, but hey, the lroes the shit and it seems immersive, so whatever
>Let's go see about playing it
>$30 and membership (You get a month free! Derp) for a THIRD of the game?!
>$70 and a membership (Free month lol) for the full game?
>An item shop too?
>Fuck these kikes
And then I don't end up playing it.

Same problem with Neverwinter. There's just too much kike shit going on with it for me to get in, even if I'd like to try it.

If they stopped trying to squeeze me by the balls for my money I would play it.
>>
>>340744542
I got the ultimate edition for 20$ that included most of the issues.It goes on sale very very frequently.They were selling complete edition for 23$ like a week ago.
>>
>>340744542
you can get it from Russians for like 10 bucks tops.
>>
>>340744831
You'll get banned if you buy from G2A.
>>
>>340744542
having played both NW and this, I can say this game is a whole let less jewish. the extra special collector editions are a waste of money, all you need are the episodes which run the length of a full length game anyways
>>
>>340733063

Ya i never got it cause the boring combat, i did trials and mostly enjoyed it.
>>
>>340741726
Fucking loved his whole character.
Armaggedon will come and we will masturbate while laughing at it.
>>
File: 5367458748.jpg (152 KB, 938x638) Image search: [Google]
5367458748.jpg
152 KB, 938x638
>>340733063
The combat system was weird, why can't I run and gun if I'm carrying pistols? Why do I have to stop and turn them sideways like a big retard waiting to get mowed down by a cthulhu? So much of it made no damn sense.
>>
>>340744656
>>340744831
I don't want to jump through hoops just to avoid getting fucking kiked, dude.

I'm not gonna check for sales every fucking week until I can get it cheap just to avoid getting robbed. That's bullshit.
>>
>>340745443
You can though.PbAoE skills deals less damage though.
>>340745523
Then dont buy it how hard is that?
>>
>>340745568
I'm not gonna buy it because I'm not a chump.

Don't take it so personally, it looks like a good game, I'm just not gonna bend over for it.

I should be able to rightfully state that they're being kikes without some defensive shill getting all up in arms about it though, because I would actually like to buy it if they were fucking reasonable about the price.
>>
>>340745736
your opinion is noted and filed under T for things I don't particularly care about
>>
>>340745736
They are reasonable about the price.It goes for sale so frequently you must be retarded to buy it at full price.
>>
File: skills tsw.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
skills tsw.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
So im this guy >>340741879 >>340742202 >>340742367

Im just wondering, is issues needed? I only got up to issue 8.

Can someone take a loot at my gear and skills and tell me if this shit is viable at all? And what should i be doing? I dont even know how Agartha works anymore, got lost there for like 10 min looking for my quest objective for issue 8.

Is nightmares the only thing i can do? Or is there something else i can go and do to get better gear/ setup?
>>
>>340746120
Give me your ID so I can talk to you.
>>
>>340746120
Black Bullions have been reworked, everything gives you some when you turn in quests now but theres a cap on how much you can hold. You can use them to buy everything in your faction HQ.
>>
>>340745896
I'm legit confused about why you're treating this like some kind of argument.

Someone saying something is overpriced isn't some kind of asshole remark, it's barely even an opinion. You have to be real autistic and insecure to start taking that kind of thing so personally you'd legitimately start throwing passive aggressive shit around about it.

>>340745918
I would have bought it right here right now if it was on sale, but it's not. The notion that I need to sustain giving a shit about the game for over a week just to not get screwed on the price point is ridiculous from a business perspective.

It looks like a fun game, I'd like to play it today, but I can't because their marketing is poor. Too overcome their poor decisions, I'm expected to expend extra time and effort, maintaining my desire to play the game for later even though I haven't played it. That's legit foolish, and letting myself get lead around by the nose like that for a reward at the end of the tunnel would make me a chump.
>>
>>340733063
I wouldn't say the best, but it'd be floating around the top, yeah.

Also, Carter is the best girl
>>
>>340746404
>I'm legit confused about why you're treating this like some kind of argument.
Because you are?
>Jee this thing is expensive, I sure wanted to try it otherwise
>Well it is on sale frequently for way less
>I don't care, I'm not going to buy this game!
>Okay
>Stop arguing with me!
>>
>>340746202
Tueland
Im going afk for about 5 min, have to deal with something just whisper me in game and i'll reply asap

>>340746295
Thanks i'll check that out.
>>
4 times I've played this, and 4 times I've quit at Blue Mountain. It was great fun up to that point, but that are just felt boring. And now going through leveling a a new character feels boring too, because I've gone through those first two areas too many times.

Is it worth sticking with it? Is Blue Mountain a short lull in quality?
>>
>>340744542
You do realize the membership isn't required, right? You can play without it. Hell, I am at this moment.
>>
>>340733983
I liked TSW but considering that the whole looking something up on google causes the outright answer to show up, I was doing one of the first ones where you have to look up a verse in the hebrew bible or something like that

And when looking up 'translated hebrew bible' and whatever part I needed it just gave me TSW wiki for the part I wanted, it's kinda hard to use google for that game's stuff when google will give you everything related to it
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>340748651
Exclude "secret world" from the search?
>>
>>340748953
Nigger can't you read?
>>
>>340733373
>Secret World's setting with GW1 combat
>with GW1 combat
fuck that, all TSW needed was GW1's instancing and it would have been goatyay
>>
File: 1434694852497.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
1434694852497.gif
299 KB, 448x256
>>340733373
>>340749098
That does sound great. I just want another GW1.
>>
>>340747749
>Is it worth sticking with it? Is Blue Mountain a short lull in quality?
Egypt is way worse.

I heard it picks up again after tho
>>
>>340749003
I'm like 70% sure that anon was talking about the fact that there was an option (i think, been a long time since I played) in the in game browser that excluded all secret world browser hits, so that shit wouldn't happen.
>>
>>340749739
No need to use ingame browser, you can do the same with just google.
>>
I remember playing this when it came out of beta, but I was pretty much done with the content after a week. Nightmare mode dungeons were an absolute pain, because you often had to stun one-shot mechanics on bosses and stuns had a high chance of failing.

I really think it would've been better as a single-player game. The MMO aspect never really made much sense.
>>
>>340746530
Well, I'm sorry that's the impression I gave off.

If it's on sale whenever one of these threads crops up I'll be sure to get it, but I think the notion that I should go out of my to wait for an opening to get in is silly.
>>
>>340750510
Impairs only failed if they were evaded/glanced. Either that or it was CC immune
>>
>>340747936
No, I didn't know that.

How expensive is it and what does it do for you?
>>
>>340753265
>No, I didn't know that.
it's buy to play, if you bought once you own it
>>
>>340746404
>It looks like a fun game, I'd like to play it today, but I can't because their marketing is poor.
No, its because you are too jew to buy it and too impatient and retarded to wait for one of the many sales.
>>
There's been enough buzz around this to make me curious, but if there really is too much mediocre combat are there any tips to minimize exposure to it and keep to the better parts?
Any OP classes/builds to burn through those fights?
>>
>>340754690
All depends on how much you like story and environment. That was how I pushed through for 300+ hours anyways.

You can do all classes from your one character eventually. Assault Rifle as one weapon is highly suggested for a new player since you can just heal whenever you need. None of them make it more fun though imo.

Just bland tab targeting, no weight to attacks/hits, and 70% of the skill wheel are virtually identical abilities just with different attack ranges or targeting types (point blank aoe, ground targetted aoe, focus, and so on. Messing with passives is fun though. Not horrible combat, just pretty boring.
>>
If you like RPGs, it's worth getting the base game for $9. You can play it as single player game and do the occasional dungeon of your gear tier as you progress. The dungeons are fun and you get some blue loot that will help you. Check loot tables for blue weapons you want from dungeon bosses.
Once you end up the campaign and mess around for a while, I wouldn't bother with the grind of signets or nightmare mode dungeons. Maaaybe if you like the dungoens a lot try to do some 18s (three easiest nightmare mode dungeons) to get a taste.
>>
As much as I loved TSW, it has no content.
It lasts a month, maybe a couple of weeks extra with all dlc and then you are out.
There's a lack or raid content or even simple dungeons, PVP is pointless minigames with awful mechanics, no actual ingame reason to participate and permanently rigged balance, scenarios were a war crime, economy is nonexistent.

There's just not enough meat to this game.

>>340750510
>because you often had to stun one-shot mechanics on bosses and stuns had a high chance of failing.
There's maybe a 5% for a stun to fail and that requires shit stat distribution to begin with.
Nightmares were one of the better part of the game, there's just not enough of them. And instead of introducing new dungeons and raids they just introduced new cranked up difficulty for same content with more stat checks. Because apparently playing the same dungeons for 3 years wasn't enough.
>>
File: devildidit.jpg (80 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
devildidit.jpg
80 KB, 500x431
I think the item and gear system is shit.

I don't want confusing talismans and a weird crafting system, I just want equippable gear like every other MMO.

Even the DLC is confusing. You can pay monthly to be a special member, but you can also pay for each 'Issue' which is like a mission expansion. For someone trying to jump into this game without prior knowledge it's pretty damn intimidating.
>>
>>340736237
>everyone in this thread is immature
>REEEEEE out of control

I don't think you have a whole lot going for you IRL anon
>>
File: 1465020717906.jpg (129 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
1465020717906.jpg
129 KB, 362x450
>>340755885
The only bad part of the items are glyphs and signets, and the crafting system is only really used for consumables or if you really badly want a weapon skin.

The only things that you get for being a sub are, 1200 funcom bucks which are enough to buy most issues, at least the standard editions. On top of some veteran points that you can get mostly cosmetics with or some rare-ish consumables and some free cosmetics.
>>
>>340757618
I'm currently reinstalling the game. I'm near the end of the first area but one of the quests involving going through the tunnel with gear on is glitched and I cant complete it or find another way around.
>>
>>340757860
If it's not part of the main story, you should be able to reset it by picking up another quest and picking it back up.
>>
>>340758270
Ok cool Ill give that a try
>>
If Secret World was a singleplayer it'd be one of the greatest modern RPG's
>>
File: why me.gif (1 MB, 440x220) Image search: [Google]
why me.gif
1 MB, 440x220
>>340733374
>>
>>340733373
The plan was to have Star Wars Galaxies Progression and Guild Wars 1 combat / skill selection but the Lead Designer was too much of a WOWfag to commit to it

(worked on TSW for over 4 years)
>>
I bought the ultimate edition and got to the theme park in kingsmouth. I should start this up, can anybody answer me this: does the game keep up the quality as far as storytelling goes? like late vanilla game, all the new editions and whatnot? Nothing upsets me more than to get into a world and just see a nose dive in quality where they stopped giving a fuck towards the 2nd half.
>>
>>340758917
Dunno, I seem to remember liking most of the story and quests all the way through. Well egypt was rather meh, but otherwise good. The quests with the girl from FEAR in transylvania and the issue where you have to go into the mist in kingsmouth were interesting.

Kept my interest even though I didn't like the combat anyways. Although I was also bored sick of standard fantasy mmos at the time though.
>>
File: 1447347245985.jpg (214 KB, 1077x944) Image search: [Google]
1447347245985.jpg
214 KB, 1077x944
>>340734364

>Getting to Transvylvania without realising the game wants you to have several different builds for any situation
>>
>>340762365
How would you know about that stuff after the big nerf that let you basically faceroll the first two areas? It used to be that I had trouble in that last ak'kab nest that made me totally rethink my build and how the skill system worked but these days you can waltz right through without any trouble.
>>
File: nephilim.png (524 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
nephilim.png
524 KB, 900x600
>>340758917
Kingsmouth is ok, Egypt is meh, Transylvania is great, and imo the issues get even better.
If anything, I'd say the quality actually keeps rising with post-vanilla content.
>>
File: 6ba.jpg (26 KB, 506x488) Image search: [Google]
6ba.jpg
26 KB, 506x488
>>340763129

It's a matter of game design, by giving the player access to leveling any of the skill trees from the get go you're letting them get to experiment with what works and what doesn't, and since they can switch skills on the fly (see the Gear Management system which was made solely to swap through different builds quickly and easily) you're at least trying to tell the player that if this doesn't work, maybe you should try that instead to see if that works instead

Admittedly you're probably not going to realise this considering you can just bulldoze through Solomon and Egypt no problem, but the game still encourages you to explore the other skill trees (since for example you can use a Blood Magic passive for your Elemental/Shotgun build), but you definitely have to look out for it, the game really doesn't like to explain a lot of things about how it works

Solomon and Egypt are still way too easy though
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.