[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is doom really worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: doom-frontcover.jpg (81 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
doom-frontcover.jpg
81 KB, 351x500
is doom really worth it?
>>
>>340711168
Yes
It was worth the gamefly free trial i used to rent it for ps4
>>
Not for 60 dollars. The singleplayer is fantastic, but the multiplayer is shit and snapmap is severely limited. They're supposed to be reworking the MP and updating SM eventually, I would recommend waiting till the game hits 30 to 40 dollars.
>>
>>340711168
Yes?

It's the best FPS in a while. Guns are great. Enemies are great. Maps are great.
>>
>>340711168
Yes for fucks sake
>>
Definitely.
A lot of people are hesitant to pay for a FPS campaign for 60 bucks but it's the first time it's been done right in a LONG time.
>>
>>340711168
no, it'll be cracked soon though.
>>
>>340711536

Having fun shitposting?

>>340711168

If you can find it for $40 sure, id software announced that they are overtaking the multiplayer mode from certain affinity so we'll see what they have in store for us.
>>
>>340711168
Do you have disposable income and free time? Yes.

Are you a useless NEET faggot? If you pirate it, yes its worth it. If not, no.
>>
>>340711168
I feel stupid for just now noticing the face behind the visor
>>
>>340711168
In my opinion no. I dislike the fatality for health crap and the arena stuff. I thought Doom3 was an alright game though so what do I know.
>>
>>340711168
$20 max
>>
>>340711168
Yes, absolutely.

It's worth it, because it's an amazing game, the likes of which we haven't seen in decades, and it's absolutely worth it for the simple fact that supporting it is supporting the idea of more shooters like this, on the opposite end of the "slow, recharging health military shooters" spectrum.

Anyone who says it's not worth it because of the multiplayer or Snapmap is missing the forest through the trees.
>>
>>340714274
Doom 3 is an alright game.
It's just that it wasn't a very Doom like game.
>>
>>340711168
Yes
>>
>>340715349
>reloading

Never again
>>
I liked it a lot. Very fluid movement and mechanics, satisfying guns. Still very simple at its core, which is good.
Last part of the game felt a bit meh, hoped for more rewarding and interesting boss fights a la painkiller, these still felt gimmicky
>>
>>340711473
This
>>
>>340711168

I'll wait for a sale.
>>
>>340714274
>I dislike the fatality for health crap
1) disable the fatality highlight from the options
2) don't perform the fatalities
Fixed your problem.
>and the arena stuff
Ok, you're beyond help.
>>
>>340715952
You still have to do them
>>
>>340715349
On its own merits I think doom 3 is a fantastic game. That shotgun can go suck a dick though.
>>
>>340716038
You're only forced to Glory Kill Bosses. I think that's fucking stupid too, but you don't have to do it on normal enemies.
>>
>>340716223
Too bad it just wasn't Doom enough to please the old fans, and Half-Life 2 enough to capture general audiences. I had some fun with it, but I remember being a bit disappointed.
>>
>>340711168
its good but the hell levels are kinda meh and the late game isnt as good as the early game. i havent tried the mp.

8.5/10 for the sp alone.
>>
>>340711168
Get it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.