[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this game? It's pretty cheap now, so I'm considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Wasteland_2_DC_Teaser-pc-games.jpg (132 KB, 1280x937) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland_2_DC_Teaser-pc-games.jpg
132 KB, 1280x937
How is this game?

It's pretty cheap now, so I'm considering snagging it

Also I heard it had some pro-fedora propaganda, is this true?
>>
>>340703892
>truths are now propaganda
>>
>>340703984
>>
>>340703984
Propaganda is literally a mixture of truth and lies spun to serve a particular agenda.

So yeah, it could be.
>>
It's decent, but it didn't get me hooked. I got bored of it and couldn't finish it.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is a turn based RPG that's worth checking out though.
>>
>>340704223
What is the fedora agenda other than a smug sense of superiority?
>>
>>340704357
Dunno, I'm not a fedora so I couldn't tell you.
>>
>>340703892
It's shit. InXile ignored the two and a half decades of mechanical evolution since W1's release, and the game is still an unbalanced, visually unappealing, poorly optimized turd.
>>
>>340703892
I would also like to know. im playing the free weekend and it looks really good so far.
>>
>>340704505
>mechanical evolution
>wasteland is still more mechanically advanced than most RPGs, including Fallout
>>
File: this.jpg (126 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
126 KB, 340x480
>>340704559
Haven't started it yet but I'm doing the same.
>>
>>340703892
It's alright if you can get by the mediocre graphics and enjoy that kind of writing. It's uneven though in terms of quality throughout the game, though the DC significantly improved it. At this point I'd say it's playable and worth giving a shot if you can get it for very cheap/free and you're into that kind of game. It shows though that it's the very first game from them, there's a lot of stuff that is unpolished.

Torment (which will be the second game) is looking a ton better and already seems more playable in many respects, so you might just want to wait for that instead.
>>
>>340704637
>more mechanically advanced than Fallout
>no reputation
>no Karma
>no stat checks
>stats don't affect skills
>it took them three years to add a limb targeting system and perks/traits
It's less complex than fucking NuCom. Even Age of Decadence blows this shit out of the water, and it was made by three people on a shoestring budget, to say nothing of UnderRail.
>>
>>340703892
It's great. I only had to stop before the directors cut came out because the little bugs annoyed me. I will likely get into again soon with mods ideally. If you liked classic fallout you will like this. I enjoyed the gameplay/mechanical side of WL2 more than fallout 1+2
>>
>>340704559
>>340704754
If you play the free weekend, put in a few hours, and like what you see then yeah go for it, since while there is some okay stuff in that time it definitely gets better later so if you like the initial I see no reason you wouldn't have an alright time through the rest. Conversely, for anyone who hates the first few hours I don't think it's one of those ones that magically transforms into something so amazing that it'll totally change their minds either. It's pretty much what you see on the tin.
>>
>>340705041

director cuts have more bugs though.than vanilla

anyone who don't have W2 can try it now for free and see that for yourself.
>>
>>340705041
>mods
Oh, did any community stuff ever happen for it in the end? Like you I put it on hold waiting for the DC so that bugs would be squashed and just kind of never got around to picking it back up, but going to soon. Any recommendations?
>>
story is boring
combat has no more strategy than pokemon
it has everything to make a solid crpg, but everything is mediocre on its own
>>
>>340706045

pokemon at least have more strategy and options in combat than this mobile game port
>>
>>340703892
Pretty fun anon, if your a perfectionist it may drive you crazy.
>>
>>340704882
I was talking about the original Wasteland you cakeboy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.