[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good? KSS-tier? Or just plain shit like the last ones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: kirby_planet_robobot_box_art.jpg (214 KB, 1024x937) Image search: [Google]
kirby_planet_robobot_box_art.jpg
214 KB, 1024x937
Is it good? KSS-tier? Or just plain shit like the last ones?
>>
File: 1411964010025.png (125 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1411964010025.png
125 KB, 500x500
It's not SS/U tier but I also liked the last ones as well. I will say it's probably better than the last 2.
>>
I like it a lot. I can't really compare it to any recent ones since the last Kirby I played was Crystal Shards but it is really good. Maybe not as good as Super Star but still good.
>>
Don't kid yourself.

There will never be another kirby game that will come close to KSS/U.

Like you know the answer to that part of the question before you even typed it so why did you even bother, seriously.
>>
File: VAVARideArmorMMX.jpg (386 KB, 1307x1476) Image search: [Google]
VAVARideArmorMMX.jpg
386 KB, 1307x1476
>>340698038
if you like rtdl wii and kirby triple deluxe 3ds, then you'll like planet robobot.

if you didn't like those i dont think ride armor is going convince you
>>
>>340698038
You seriously think there will EVER be anything to top KSS/U?

That shit is fucking flawless. And it has fucking sprites.
>>
>>340698657
This desu
Kirby still has a convincing argument though as to why they are quality games. Even Epic Yarn is fantastic.
>>
>>340698835
There is not a single bad Kirby game. I don't care what anyone says. Squeak Squad, RTDL, Triple Deluxe, are all enjoyable in some way or another. I've yet to feel any form of chore feeling from playing these games.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 300x505) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 300x505
>>340698942
Kirbys just too fuckin comfy m8
>>
>>340698578

I actually was indifferent about rtd and 3d, the 'super power' mechanics were so fucking boring to use, they both got old after the first stage. The mech still gives you a ton of control over the situation, so it's still fun
>>
>>340698835
>>340698657
Agreeded and KSS/U was an expansion of an already godly game.
>>
>>340699253
True, but it does have glaring differences from the SNES, mainly music and sprites.

if I had to only pick one, I would pick U, just because of the gameplay modes. But in general, I still think KSS is the overall best quality.
>>
>>340699198
its weird how rtdl usually let you dodge getting the super powers while triple deluxe made them mandatory
>>
File: 1459393581164.png (58 KB, 171x182) Image search: [Google]
1459393581164.png
58 KB, 171x182
post yfw jet/wheel+mech
>>
>>340699198
Say as you will, but RtD and Triple Deluxe had my absolute favorite final bosses of all Kirby games.
>>
>>340698038
>last ones
Did you just imply Triple and Return are shit?
>>
>>340698495
Milky Way Wishes spoiled Kirby forever. Multiple stories is a good format, too.
>>
>>340698038
I'm getting some serious KSS vibes from it. It makes me feel like I'm playing a hybrid between KSS and RtDL and I'm really loving that. This game is really fucking hype though. It might just end up being one of my favourite Kirby games of all time next to KSSU.
>>
>>340699742
So true. The game really had enough content on its own up to that point. MWW and Boss Arena are just icing on the cake.
>>
KSS cant be topped, i mean it can but doesnt looks like they want to make the lightning strike twice.

Because it was divided in small sections it felt bigger than it actually was, and everytime it raises the stakes so it helps keeping things fresh despite the fact that you're doing basicaly the same thing. Every game since went back to the old formula, it would be unfair to call them bad but they dont hold a candle to KSS.
>>
>>340699742
>>340699957
Any Great Cave Offensive lovers here?

I think that's the real meat and potatoes of the game. All those cameos. All that grand sense of adventure.
>>
The Arena was the best part of KSSU
>>
>>340698038
Nothing will top KSS

However this is the best kirby game in forever and easily the second greatest behind kss.
>>
this might be common knowledge by now but i stumbled accross a ability pickup in a secret room under a bridge in world 1-4

called "smash bros" and gives kirby a moveset from smash bros.
>>
>>340699590
Not a lot of people seem to mention this but Kumazaki's Kirby games have better boss battles across the board compared to Sakurai's Kirby games. People treat KSS like the gold standard for Kirby games, and while in most cases it deserves that treatment the bosses in the original KSS don't hold up compared to the bosses in any of the games that have True Arena.
>>
>>340700137
Oh, I'd love for Kirby games to unlock a MWW mode after beating the game, where you can just fuck around with whatever power you want at any time.

I've been replaying MWW since it was made because of that.

And I'd also like to see more GCO in a KSS format again. I mean, as long as it looks like Kirby's going to experiment with 3D...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.