[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Making the best Soulsborne game a PS4 exclusive It still hurts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16
File: logo_0.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
logo_0.png
2 MB, 1422x800
>Making the best Soulsborne game a PS4 exclusive

It still hurts
>>
Base BB was pretty mediocre. I'd put it under DaS2 but the TOH dlc is fantastic. It's quite literally the only aspect of that game that I would place above every other soulsborne games.
>>
>>340689380
l m a o
>>
>>340687834
Game wouldn't exist otherwise.

Also, before this thread gets spammed to hell and back with "le funny console war wojaks" just remember, you're all idiots
>>
I wonder what the next SCEJ/FROM game will be
I kind of dont want BB2 but I really wouldn't mind either
>>
>>340689548
He's not wrong. The BB DLC was better than the base game.
>>
>>340689830
roboanon here really wishing for an armored core with some souls mechanics
>>
>>340690069
He's wrong for putting DS2 above anything.
>>
>wanting a shitty port
>>
>>340687834
This is a false flag.

From someone who had a Ps4, beat this game two times, and then sold his Ps4, this is the worst Souls game, barring Demon's Souls because I haven't played that one.

I was disappointed in this game before, just disappointed, but I fucking despise it now because it fucked Miyazaki in the head and became a blight on Dark Souls 3 to top it off.
>>
I'm happy with my purchase of a PS4 but I honestly got bored of Bloodborne after a dozen hours. In my opinion only Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are good, the rest are just boring and feel like a chore to play. You're really not missing out on much, they definitely peaked at the second game.

It's exclusive because Sony contracted FromSoft to make it. They wouldn't have made it at all if they hadn't been paid to and funded by Sony.
>>
>>340690795
That's funny because Dark1 was boring as fuck with literally the same boss strategy for pretty much every boss and everything looked ugly. Had to haul ass through a third of the game just to get an armor set that wasn't trash. Areas were shit too, only Anor Alonso, duke's archives, and Ariamis were any good.
>>
>>340691061
Hence 'in my opinion', retard.
>wah wah this game is bad because of these subjective things
>>
>>340691061
this, demon souls and bloodborne are really fantastic but Dark souls is way too inconsistent in quality. havent played either of the dark souls sequels yet but plan on doing it.
>>
>>340687834
*2nd best
>>
File: 1.png (28 KB, 120x85) Image search: [Google]
1.png
28 KB, 120x85
>>
Bloodborne just doesn't have the replayability DeS and Das1-2 have. It's fantastic on the first 2-3 playthroughs but after that, it's lack of replay value starts to hurt it. It just doesn't have great build variety outside of normal build\bloodtinge\arcane build, and the last two are more closer to gimmick builds.
>>
>>340691269
Demon's Souls is worse than every other game in the Souls series outside of Dark Souls 2. It has shit level design, weak bosses that are easily exploitable, and the atmosphere is highly overrated. It gets points for being the first of its kind but it's still one of the weakest entries.
>>
>>340691159
I wasn't questioning your opinion mongoloid. Looks like you're triggered and butt blasted about me shitting in dark 1 though.
>>
BB isn't better than DaS1.

from a controls and difficulty standpoint it is, but the variety of playstyles and different experiences DaS1 has is unmatched. plus the level design was better.
>>
>>340691618
4-2 and 5-2 are really the only poorly designed levels.
i can see how the bosses are pushovers if you've played other souls games first but they're way more fair than a lot of the ones in dark souls.
also i don't know how to argue you on the atmosphere being overrated, i think the atmosphere is far better than Dark souls but that is totally subjective
>>
Console pleb here. Fuck PCucks, but I feel bad that they'll never enjoy the objective best souls game. I really hope Sony lets From release a remastered version on PC eventually.
>>
>>340690090
You're not alone brother.

I'd fucking kill for a new AC.
>>
>>340692084
Thing is I started with Demon's when the game came out. I bought my fatass PS3 specifically for that game and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The bosses still weren't very challenging. And again you can cheese pretty much all of them. Demon's isn't a bad game, but it disappointed me enough that I didn't touch Dark Souls until the Prepare to Die edition came out. The only levels that I liked were 1-1 and Tower of Latria. The rest was a boring slog. IMO of course. As you said, it's subjective.
>>
>>340690090
>Souls mechanics
Fuck no. If they make a new AC they need to go back to the PS1/PS2 style of games and ditch the AC4/ACV play styles. And while I love the Souls games there's nothing they do that would translate well to AC.
>>
>>340691618
> shit level design

Hold the fuck up and explain yourself.
DeS has fantastic level design, 1-1, 1-3, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 4-1 are all amazingly designed levels, apart from worlds 2-5 Archdemon "levels" everything is of a consistent quality and while some sections are frustrating and annoying there's no section which screams "this is just plain bad" like certain parts of Dark Souls 1.

It also deserves commandment for its restraint, one respawn point per level, another one once you kill a boss and move into the next level. This meant that areas had to be designed around being whole things and tightly put together, rather than just making Xbox HUEG levels are putting bonfire whenever it felt like a save point would be nice.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 suffer from this, 1 does as well in some later segments, poorly designed levels mean bonfires just get placed wherever, in order to make it playable.
>>
>>340691714
OP really has no idea what he's talking about. There's no way BB is the best. I've got 100% achievements on all souls games and this shit is a joke.
>>
I think that The Old Hunters DLC is the highest point of the Soulsborne series but that overall

DaS1>DaS3>BB>DeS>DaS2

DaS3 has a ton of potential and a great DLC/Expansion could easily put it at the top for me
>>
>>340691492
Talk for yourself. It's the From's game that i played the most by far. Hell, i still play it nowadays while i completely dropped DaS2 after few weeks.
>>
I haven't finished it, but so far Bloodborne has the best atmosphere.

Haven't started Dark souls 3 either, so maybe that has better atmosphere.
>>
>>340687834

>The best
>casualized builds

It's good anon but it's not the best.
>>
>>340693504

>Old Hunters
>anything but mediocre

The only good area in the DLC is Fishing Hamlet
>>
>>340687834
I hold Bloodborne on the level of Dead Space and Bioshock. 'Solid games' that get authenticity right, they are like books and while I rarely go back and do a full playthrough I sometimes go back just to do certain areas or fights like going back through a chapter.
>>
Bloodborne is fun to play like twice, but after that it's boring because bloodtinge is absolute trash.
>>
>>340693713
>casualized builds
What does that even mean?
>>
>>340694137
Bloodtinge is the most OP stat of the game.
>>
>>340694137
>bloodtinge is absolute trash

WEW LAD you could not possibly be more wrong, especially after the DLC
>>
>>340687834
But the best before this one was already a PS3 exclusive. People forget how fucking fun Demon's Souls was
>>
>>340687834
It's horrible. We don't need a game that has such limited variety of weapons and armor, which is why DeS and BB aren't on PC.
>>
>>340694137
Just let it out, anon. It's alright to cry.
>>
I bought bloodborne and I don't even own a playstation 4
I'll get one eventually
>>
>>340694392
Most people never even got to know.
>>
Just hopped back on it a couple days AND WOW LMAO ITS SO BAD

THE FRAMERATE
THE GRAPHICS
THE GAMEPLAY

How the hell could Gascoigne spam the same jump attack 12 times in a row? LAUGHABLE LMAO.

That draw distance overlooking the lynched werewolf from the Great Bridge, almost stopped playing there.

This game isn't nearly as good as I thought it was.
>>
File: 1460464987490.png (227 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1460464987490.png
227 KB, 920x900
>>340696289
>>
>>340696289
Yeah dude, going from 5K 90 FPS American Truck Simulator on my PC to this pile of shit is just awful.
>>
File: demon-souls.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
demon-souls.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>340687834
>There are people ITT that don't own sony systems
>They L.I.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y missed out on 40% of the franchise
>Call themselves "fans" of Souls

That's truly disgusting.
They will also miss out on the next 2 FromSoft PS4 exclusives, oh well
>>
File: 1452752249472.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1452752249472.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
>>340689380
Shitter detected.
>>
BB's framerate is absolute garbage though, let's be real.
>>
File: 1395241953575.gif (525 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1395241953575.gif
525 KB, 500x281
>>340687834
>Soulsborne
disgusting dude
>>
>>340697306
Not at all. It's the second most stable in console souls games.
Only PC shitters find it unbearable, but then again they can't enjoy any 30fps game so I pity them since they are skipping out on a lot of great experiences.

If BB's framerate is bad for you I can't imagine how you could ever play Demon's Souls, holy shit.
>>
>>340696583
Going from BB to DS3 back to BB, BB is worse.
Maybe PS4.5 will fix the framerate issues, and that god awful LOD.
>>340696581
?
>>
BB is undeniably the best of the series, PCucks are assblasted whenever they are reminded of this.
>>
>>340697579
Only reason people feel obligated to say "Soulsborne" is because PC autists get triggered when someone mentions Bloodborne in Souls topics, since in their fairy land BB isn't a Souls game.

It's not like that word appeared out of nothing for no reason.
>>
>>340697920
With its DLC yeah, but I'm thinking DS3 is going to end that pretty quickly

But let me guess, you're going ignore whatever I said and call me a Pcuck
>>
File: huh.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>340697812
DS3 performs worse overall compared to BB.

In terms of framerate its
DaS2 > BB > DaS3 > DaS > DeS

>god awful LOD
again, relative to what?
>>
Blood Vials are the only negative.
In Dark Souls, you can learn a boss' move set by fighting them multiple times. If you lose, you only lose your souls but gain more knowledge.
In Bloodborne, you lose souls and your health regen items don't restock. This means you have to grind for a few minutes and then head back.
Estus is already a perfectly balanced system.
>>
>>340697306
Not really, no.
>>
>>340698067
No, even without the DLC.
DaS3's DLC won't redeem that borefest in any way. They can try all they want though, I wish them luck.
>>
>>340698240
>DaS > DeS
Yeah, no. Blighttown framerate is unequaled in the franchise.
>>
>>340698240
I wanted to say something against that framerate claim, but then I remembered Road of Sacrifice.

What do you mean relative to what? I don't want to be stopped in my tracks because a rather ugly part of the game is explicitly exposed. Seeing such a cinematic area turned into something with flat repeating textures and crude enemy placement is a turn off.
>>
>>340698067
DS3's DLC would need to be incredibly amazing for that to happen in my eyes
>>
File: f.jpg (21 KB, 368x358) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
21 KB, 368x358
>>340698329
>>340697790
>If BB's framerate is bad for you I can't imagine how you could ever play Demon's Souls, holy shit.

It really was a trek! And I played through that game twice! So fun!
Good times, picking wanderer and getting stuck on the first part of the game for hours... Truly the best way to be introduced into the series, I think.

Doesn't change the fact that he framerate sucked in BB as well, though! All those particle effects, and for what? Huge dips in the middle of boss fights? Why!
Random lagging in chalice dungeons and other areas of the game? Why!

Can't say I have any experience with any of the Dark souls games on PS, as I do have a godly PC, so no idea how shitty those run, nor do I care! Nor -would- I care -if- I knew, because shitty framerate are shitty framerates, and aren't any less bad just because you compare them to other games in the series!

It's too bad. I'd say framerates are one of the only bad parts of BB... The game is pretty great outside of that! Only a few minor grips other than that, and the game is a bit too short for my liking.

(Really regret trusting Sony and buying a PS4 a year after launch, now that the PS4.5 is coming out... Feel -really- bad for those who got it at launch. I spent $250 on mine and -I- feel ripped off. Can't even imagine how it was for those that got it at launch..)
>>
>>340698417
>not playing the superior PC version

lol cuck
>>
>>340698743
>tfw didn't get a PS4 yet
>tfw gonna get a Neo
feels good nigga
get fucked
>>
File: well then.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
well then.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>340698417
That is one instance. I was talking about the overall framerate. DeS dips much more frequently and is more unstable, albeit not as bad as blighttown, but blightown is 1 location in DaS, not all of them.

>>340698514
>I don't want to be stopped in my tracks because a rather ugly part of the game is explicitly exposed. Seeing such a cinematic area turned into something with flat repeating textures and crude enemy placement is a turn off.
Oh, you're talking about DaS3, sorry my bad.
>>
>>340698594

I'm hoping it will be. The base game was pretty good imo but far too short. I'm hoping the DLC include a lot more stuff.
Although we're getting 3 DLCs so that shouldn't be too big of an ask.
>>
>>340698989
Thankfully, I am a genius and my scholarship money pays for all my games and consoles, so I don't care -too- much, it's more of a moral thing, you know?

"This is what you get for buying a PS4 and supporting Sony"
Well, I'll remember this next time for sure!~
>>
>>340698743
>PS3 ran DeS at unlocked unstable 30fps
>Heh, that's ok I guess
>PS3 ran DaS at unlocked unstable 30fps
>Heh, that's ok I guess
>PS3 ran DaS2 at unlocked unstable 30fps
>Heh, that's ok I guess
>PS4 ran BB at unlocked unstable 30fps
>WOW I FEEL BETRAYED! THIS WAS UNEXPECTED, FUCK SONY!
>PS4 ran DaS3 at unlocked unstable 30fps
>WEW, AGAIN AFTER BLOODBORNE? WOOOOW

?????????????
>>
>>340699360
I don't know if you mean to say that your greentext is me, but that's not what my story is like at all! Even a little bit!~

Maybe you quoted the wrong person?
>>
>>340699086
I'm in blighttown rn on my first playthrough. Any tips for quelaag
>>
File: 1452393329667.jpg (94 KB, 674x585) Image search: [Google]
1452393329667.jpg
94 KB, 674x585
>>340687834
ITS

NOT

FUCKING

FAIR
>>
>>340687834
Dark Souls is on ps4?
>>
>>340689561

>everyone is dumb but me
>>
>>340687834
but demons souls is a ps3 exclusive
>>
>>340698743
It takes me like 30 seconds to get used to the framerate after coming from 60 FPS games like MGS V.

I don't see how it's a big deal for anyone to be honest.
>>
File: fucking up a speedrun.webm (815 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
fucking up a speedrun.webm
815 KB, 720x720
>>340696930
>make DeS pvp build
>want to do fashion
>mix Fluted helm with Garl's armor because of the color scheme
>can still see my neck
>completely ruins the look of my character
>>
>>340692987

>Dark Souls 1
>Bad level design

Please. Everything in Dark Souls is objectively superior to Demon Souls in every conceivable way even going down ladders. The game is fucking ugly to the very asylum demons they both use it was practically the Armored Core 4 of the series (since AC4 just used flat surfaces with shit textures until ACV). DeS is God awful.
>>
>>340699643
>All this ~ and -this-

Get a trip so I can block your faggot ass.
>>
>>340700668
>I don't see how it's a big deal for anyone to be honest.

Well, maybe you would do best to try feeling some more empathy or something! Dunno what else to tell you, it's a pretty common complaint with the game, and framerates are something that are undeniably important to every game! Saying that you can deal with a problem and saying that something isn't a problem are two completely different things.

I can easily deal with framedrops in BB
Does that mean I think they're OK?
Hell no!
Do I want them in the game?
Hell no!
Would the game be better without them?
Obviously!

>>340700768
>Being -this- mad~
>>
>>340701085
I mean no doubt those thirty seconds are painful! Yet the game is so -good- otherwise that I look past that!

Case in point, I played some MGS V today. Runs at 60 FPS on the PS4. I got tired of it so I put in some BB! Oh man, it was hard looking at the screen for a few seconds. Can you believe that framerate! But then I go to Ludwig (one of my favorite soulsborne bosses. SO GOOD) and I have so much fun that I don't even notice!

Framerate shouldn't be ignored but if the game is good enough I can look past it and Bloodborne is amazing!
>>
File: Bloodborne2.jpg (1 MB, 3780x1713) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne2.jpg
1 MB, 3780x1713
>>340687834
I bought a Bloodborne machine and by the time I got to play Bloodborne it cost me about 500 dollars.

It is completely worth it (for me) but unfortunately the Bloodborne machine doesn't even run Bloodborne very well. FromSoft said something along the lines of...
>We capped the framerate at 30fps so the experience would be consistent.
the drops below that are noticeable and often. Not enough to break the game altogether... I just with my Bloodborne machine did what it was supposed to do.
>>
File: g.gif (614 KB, 316x320) Image search: [Google]
g.gif
614 KB, 316x320
>>340701556
Why are you implying that playing a game for half a minute gets you used to framedrops? Or helps you deal with them? That doesn't even make sense...! Like, what!
Unless you think "framerate" only meant that the game runs less than 60, which is why I guess you keep bringing up MGS(?), when that's not the issue I'm talking about at all!
Please read more carefully!~

>Framerate shouldn't be ignored but if the game is good enough I can look past it and Bloodborne is amazing!
Yeah, I've said that quite a few times already!
>>
>>340702116
>Yeah, I've said that quite a few times already!

Then why do you care so much about the framerate!?!?!?!
>>
>>340699195
If you were a genius you wouldn't have bought a fucking piece of shit console in the first place, you moron
>>
>>340702412
....Because it's super important, obviously!

Do you think I'm being some kind of gimmicky shitposter out to hate on BB or something?
Nope! This is my favorite PS4 game, and one of my favorite games I've ever played, but it has a very obvious, glaring issue, and pretending it doesn't exist is literally the best way for it to keep existing in the future with other games!

Saying that you "don't mind" and can "deal with it" and that it's "fine" is exactly why it'll happen again with BB 2: Electric Boogaloo!

>>340702632
But the PS4 is great! It's just that Sony isn't!
>>
>>340702672
It's a great door stopper, but a horrible movie player. I bet my toaster has better specs.
>>
>>340702797
Caring about specs on a console is like caring about....

I can't think of anything similar enough, but it's useless to!
>>
>>340700738
I want to believe that you're just joking and parodying mustards but then i remembered that most DaS babbies unironically are this delusional
>>
>>340702937
You're spending hundreds of dollars for a piece of hardware that is outdated the day after it hits the market and with only two or three decent exclusives in its library.
>>
>>340703118
Gotta play something! My PC backlog is almost completely empty!
>>
>>340703115
I loved Demon's Souls but I admit that it's pretty much Dark Souls 0.5.
>>
File: 1456950765176.png (124 KB, 1568x541) Image search: [Google]
1456950765176.png
124 KB, 1568x541
>>340703242
There are enough games on Steam alone to last you a life time
>>
>>340703118
>with only two or three decent exclusives in its library.
Does it really matter if those 2-3 exclusives gives you hundreds of hours of playtime?
>>
>>340703365
>Only 430 WiiU games
source: my ass
>>
>>340703365
There are, but I don't like most of them! It's not like I play any old game to play it, I look for games I like and play those!
My PC collection is at over 300 games, and I've beaten like, 280 of those! Not just gonna beat those other 20 and be bored as fuck until the next game hits, gotta play everything!
Also, there are games I want to play that are only on consoles, why would I give up good games...!
>>
>>340703365
FIX YOUR FUCKING FONT RENDERING
>>
>>340703548
Because if they're console exclusive they're probably not worth checking out. Multiplats are always better
>>
>>340703271
I played them chronologically and DaS feels like a beta of DeS to me. BB confirmed me that Japan Studio is as much responsible for Souls franchise's greatness as From.
>>
>>340703746
>Multiplats are always better

Almost every generic AAA game is a multiplat, so I don't know how you could even begin to think that's true!
>>
>>340703756
Japan Studio is the only good dev Sony has, imo! They make so many good games... They should have their own seal of quality!
>>
>>340703805
They can take advantage of the hardware of a high end PC and come out looking much, MUCH better and running wayy smoother than their console versions. I didn't even touch upon PC exclusives which from AAA to indie level blows consoles out of the water and into orbit
>>
File: 1451706638480.jpg (572 KB, 965x1444) Image search: [Google]
1451706638480.jpg
572 KB, 965x1444
Why do people act like Laurence is such a shit fight? He's great, and his second stage is awesome. Also, best fucking theme in the series.
>>
>>340704087
You're talking about performance as if that's the most important, or only part of what makes a game enjoyable!

Well, I guess that could be the case for you.. And that's fine! Just want to clarify that it's not the case for me at all! Running well is a top priority, maybe the MOST important one when making a game, but it's not the only thing that matters, at least to me!
>>
File: old blood.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
old blood.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>340704253
>By the Gods... Fear it Laurence.
>>
>>340691492
I don't know, I found the different playstyles and weapons to be pretty fun. Blt and Arc aren't really gimmicks, they're completely viable and fun. Beast Mode is more of a gimmick and even that is fun.

At least you didn't go "BB's PVP is the worst in the series" like other fucks, though. That shit blows my mind.
>>
>>340704267
>it's not the only thing that matters, at least to me!

What use is a game if you are unable to play it smoothly?
>>
>>340692382
I agree, Demon's Souls really should be on PC
>>
>>340703115

Not everyone follows your meme youtube celabs. DeS is literal shit and was a meme because of its difficulty.. difficulty caused by being a shitty game.
>>
>>340705246
With the Land of Giants/Northern Limit archestone included.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.