[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT We make bad vidya endings better starting with pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: community_image_1422645871.jpg (715 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1422645871.jpg
715 KB, 1920x1080
>ITT
We make bad vidya endings better

starting with pic related
There should have been waaaay more endings than what we got
There should have been won where Max saves Chloe and Arcadia somehow and one where she saves neither
I would've loved an ending where Max discovers a new power at the end, she can control "pockets of time" so she can pretty much send anything or anyone to any time
Max basically sends the storm way into the past or future
This obviously takes a huge toll on Max, her nose starts pouring blood and she passes out
From here the endings could branch out even further, one where she just dies the hero of Chloe and Arcadia and one where she wakes up in a hospital bed from a coma like a week later, alive and well but her rewind power is gone, Chloe is asleep by your side
depending on what your choices with Warren were, you and Chloe kiss and the game ends on a very positive and hopeful note
>>
File: cammy confirmed for lesbian.jpg (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cammy confirmed for lesbian.jpg
327 KB, 1920x1080
>>340676363
It would have been a lot better already if they actually gave a reason for why getting Chloe killed was supposed to stop the tornado instead of just assuming it for no reason

They just wanted a sacrifice ending without earning it
>>
>>340676621
yeah, they took the butterfly effect idea too literally
>>
File: kate.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
>>340676363
She goes back into the butterfly photo, disrupts Nathan from shooting Chloe by startling him, saving Chloe. Then she leaves Chloe and hooks up with Kate.
>>
>Deus Ex Human Revolution

Keep note of player choices, general opinion on augs, how ruthless the player was, how willing they were to commit crimes to get to their goal, and how many augments they ended up investing in. If the player invested in a lot of augs and generally supported them, going so far as doing dirty shit in support of Sarif's efforts then they get Sarif's ending. If they were against augs, invested in very few, and saw civilian death as a means to an end they get the Darrow ending. If they manipulated people constantly, invested in some augs specifically Casie ones, focused on what brought them the most wealth/reward, and killed few people they get the Illuminati ending. If they balanced all of them, focused on the well being of innocents, was hesitant but accepting of augs, and didn't particularly side with Sarif/Darrow/Illuminati they get the ending where you blow up the place.

Considering the ending monologue changes slightly depending on how vicious and lethal you were it wouldn't be a stretch to implement this.
>>
game got way too fucking fucking full of itself near the end
I really didn't like all the parallel universe crap, that should have been cut out and made the ending way more straight forward
>>
File: Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>340677345
forgot pic
>>
Mass Effect 3

>Get rid of anything related to the catalyst
>Turn the goal of the game into something similar to Dragon Age Origins: gather as many allies and resources as possible.
>If the player unites the Quarians and Geth, deals with the Krogans somehow, had the Rachni alive, and other societal changes then a fighting force stat goes up
>If the player gave the collector base to Cerberus they get tech before they go crazy, had lots of money from the past games, worked with lots of people, and generally secured more resources then a resource stat goes up
>If both stats add up to a certain point that determines the success of the fight against the Reapers
>Low stat, outright failure
>Medium stat, Earth is basically dead but humans find a place in galactic society after the fight is won
>High stat, Earth remains and casualties are low considering the threat
>Paragon Shepard unites races for the fight, wins, and humans then earn a solid, respected role in the galactic society
>Renegade Shepard throws people at Reapers as if they're expendable, wins, and humans exploit the weakened races and begin an imperialistic process of claiming planets
>Epilogue for every major character and major choice, like Dragon Age Origins

There. It doesn't fix the fact that Reapers are not as eldritch and mysterious, but the second game shat on that anyway so fuck it. The game was still pretty shitty and the general story was mediocre, but that'd at least fix some stuff.
>>
File: 1443356475473.png (162 KB, 989x319) Image search: [Google]
1443356475473.png
162 KB, 989x319
>>340676363
This would've been better than what we got.
>>
>>340678743
>salvar a Kate
And all was right
>>
>>340678309
That...is actually better
>>
File: 1343317019130.png (37 KB, 171x182) Image search: [Google]
1343317019130.png
37 KB, 171x182
>>340679214
To be fair not much can be worse that a ghost child who asks you to pick your favorite color.
>>
>>340676363
It was obvious from the start that we were gonna have to make a choice between Chloe and the Bay
The whole butterfly effect thing was fucking obvious, due to well you know, the butterfly and the bigass storm.

If they had gone with different possible endings it would kinda have ruined the consistency with the other episodes. For other endings to work the groundwork for the rest of the game would have had to be changed.
>>
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
It's a little thing, but I'd love it if the Kings were given the option of ruling the Strip
>>
>>340679635
Really wish the game ended Walking Dead style with only one true ending and a bunch of different little changes around
The endings are way too different to make a sequel revolving around the same characters
That really blows considering I chose the save Chloe ending and I really want to see their lives continue
Seriously, Fuck ambiguous endings
>>
you can let chloe get shot and never have to touch this piece of shit "game" ever again
>>
>>340680378
DELETE THIS!!!!!
>>
>>340680243
Who is to say they make a sequel?
Personally I hope they don't. The game is fine as it is and a sequel would juist ruin it
>>
File: Cc4tt-cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x344) Image search: [Google]
Cc4tt-cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x344
>Get rid of the whole "my wife is/is not dead" shit
>Make the GDI insurrection have a meaningful part of the story
>More Bible referencing shit with Kane being the first murderer of whatever
>Explain who the fuck Kane really is
>Less ET go home
>More Joe Kucan

Ending the franchise isn't ever going to be easy, but what we got was pathetic.
>>
>>340678309
I was hoping for a Suicide Mission 2.0 involving entire platoons and squadmates from every game.

But at least they gave them all a chance for a final goodbye.

>Epilogue for every major character and major choice, like Dragon Age Origins
Would've liked that. I didn't need a parade, but a bit more of an epilogue for where everyone ended up would have been nice.
>>
File: 1447275670577.jpg (532 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1447275670577.jpg
532 KB, 800x800
>>340676363
I was hoping for more endings, but I actually liked Life is Strange's ending a lot more than I thought I would. Assuming you didn't sacrifice everyone for Chloe

I was surprised they had the self-awareness of having Max calling herself out for using her powers just to say what everyone wanted to hear in a desperate attempt at appearing better in the eyes of others.

Could have done without the bottle hunt section though.
>>
>>340682380
>Could have done without the bottle hunt section though.
You mean the one in ep2, or the one in the nightmare in ep5?

The nightmare one I found surprisingly easy
>>
>>340682579
Both really.

But I was mainly referring to the stealth section in episode 5. It wasn't particularly hard, it just kind of hurt the pacing for me.
>>
>>340682686
Kinda frustrated me too
Though it did add nicely to the whole idea of Max doubting and second-guesssing every move she made/reveresed
>>
>>340676621
To be fair if Chloe dying didn't stop the tornado Max could have just re-winded again, save her and try something else.
>>
>>340683047
>To be fair if Chloe dying didn't stop the tornado
How so?
From all we can tell from that ending, it does.

>Max could have just re-winded again, save her and try something else.
She couldn't.
She could only use pictures to go back in time and change things in a very limited way, then black out till the point in time in which she went back in time
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.