[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to not chose charisma in the rpgs that have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Is there any reason to not chose charisma in the rpgs that have it? it's always a press this buttom to skip quest and get reward.
>>
>>340668195
to not be a pussy
>>
>>340668195
more dialogue option mean more variety
also it gives you the possibility to play suave smooth-talkingif it works right character instead of your default overall badass
>>
Because I'd rather just stab them in the neck and take what I want than talk them into giving it to me. Tongues may be sharp, but a knife is shaper.
>>
>>340668195
It's only good when you're going for a pacifist run or if it's the only way to access a really good reward. Problem is that both of those require knowledge of how the conversations will go before you play it.
>>
>>340668195
in said game it was basically required to do settlement content
>>
>>340668195
I pretty much always dump charisma. It's a boring stat, and for dialogue checks Intelligence ones tend to be better anyway. I much rather just take something that expands my options in combat.
>>
>>340668195
Fallout New Vegas

There's only about 3 Charisma checks in the entire game (including DLC) that can't be gotten around by other means. Charisma is worthless otherwise, and there's ways to make enough books to get every single skill up to 100, so the boost to Charisma skills is worthless.
>>
If it opens up more options for extra missions, zones, or creating fucked up situations in your favor, it's always a must. The same goes for games where having minimal stats changes the game in significant ways, but RPGs rarely have anything but high checks anymore.
>>
If its just skip quest its dumb but some games can do it right, If it allows for different things like quests being locked unless if its high enough or get more info or items then its pretty cool
>>
>>340668195
>it's always a press this buttom to skip quest and get reward

That's only the case in shitty Bethesda or Bioware "RPGs".
>>
>>340669323
Charisma is useless but Speech isn't.
>>
>>340668675
I'd say "Ow the edge", but going crazy is so much more fun. Only complaint I ever had with fallout is no create a raider gang option.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.