[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can only play as one in every RPG from now on. Which one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: qfgclasses2.jpg (30 KB, 396x267) Image search: [Google]
qfgclasses2.jpg
30 KB, 396x267
You can only play as one in every RPG from now on. Which one do you pick?
>>
If there's an invisibility class, that's usually a lot of fun.

Beyond that, it's whatever has the most damage or comes out the best in most engagements, with its damage or utility.
>>
thief

I need my virtual kleptomaniac fix
>>
>>340650641

i pick Choose a Character
>>
RPGs are generally designed around fighters, so I'm going with him. Magic and stealth are usually either worthless or hilariously broken.
>>
Magic users. They always have the most utility and variety making them the most fun. If you disagree you are wrong.
>>
Dick ass thief
If it's some DnD styled game, they're always useful for shit. If it's some action oriented game, they're usually more fun due to going fast.

Fighters usually lack utility and aren't that fun to play most of the time. Mages also tend to be archers with fireballs in most games instead of actually doing mage-y shit, so they're hit or miss too.
>>
>>340651635

Agreed.

>Pick warrior. You have to facecheck everything. If you can't take its damage you die or you have to go grind shit until you can.
>Pick rogue. Sneak, pickpocket, backstab, repeat. Pray the game doesn't have shitty stealth mechanics. Either that, or they're like warriors with massive damage but shit health.
> Holy fuck I'm a mage, I blink around and CC nerds and AoE death magic and summons and HOLY SHIT I CAN TURN INTO A DEMON and god knows what else.

Why would you ever not pick mage. Or at the very least, why would you ever be a warrior.
>>
>>340652657
it depends on the game.

in elder scrolls it is more fun to be a fighter than a mage or a thief.

same for fable.
>>
>>340652657
Because you might be so slow and physically weak that you become ogre food 3 seconds into your adventure.
>>
>>340650641
If I pick Warrior, can I prestige into Paladin like in Quest for Glory?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.