[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderlands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11
Borderlands 3 has got to be at E3 right?
>>
>>340649532
inb4 even less weapons
>>
Calling an MMO
>>
File: 8a8.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
8a8.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
can't wait for the EPIC memes like pic related and caveman spongebob
>>
>>340649685
No singleplayer, no buy
>>
>>340649923
I haven't bought any Borderlands game
I pirated them and then i got them on steam via gifts or shit
Still, it'd be nice to have something to compete against Destiny
>>
I just want insane amount of content to get burned out on just like 2.
And more character choice and customization, more varied skill trees and more balanced characters. Only Krieg and dwarf man are viable in 2
>>
>>340649532
They literally just threw out Battleborn. Gearbox already said the next Borderlands is officially their next project, but I doubt they'll have anything to show until next year, and even then, I don't expect the game to come out til 2018
>>
>play through Tales of Borderlands
>it's kinda ok, occasional chuckle, less memey writing
>slog through it
>dat final chapter

Why couldn't the rest of the game be as fun as the last chapter?
>>
>>340650471
Is it worth buying?
>>
>>340650565
not worth buying imo, but worth playing
also it's canon
>>
>>340650327

I'm so fucking tired of skill trees being filled with "for 0.5 seconds after killing/reloading/weaponswapping" they're boring and unnoticable or require unfun play styles.

TPS made the build variety worse but making everyone have a 'why the fuck are you using this tree in single player?' for one of the trees and an entire character.
>>
I'm fine with Borderlands but holy shit the cutscenes of stupid characters you don't care about break the pace way too often. I just want to shoot shit and loot, isn't that what the game is about? If you need to give me narrative then don't stop me from playing the game to deliver it.

Also the level scaling has been complete ass in each game. You enter a new area, enemies are tough but fair. You wander into a "restricted" area and enemies are impossible. You do a couple of quests and enemies become pretty trivial. You hang around long enough to actually do the side quests and the enemies basically don't even matter.
>>
>>340650634
>also it's canon
Do i have to play the presequel?
>>
>>340650634
What about The Pre-Sequel? It looked so shitty I didn't even bother to pirate it.
>>
>>340650721
This
also the non-relevant health regen is retarded
Maya has a whole fucking build dedicated to healing, yet the only skill worth using is health orb. The others are just waste of points
>>
it better be, after the flop that was stillborn

Im hungry for borderlands.
>>
>>340650885
>>340650909
the story was shit but the gameplay great
also AIR FUCKING DASHES.
If you can get it for 5€/$ and play with a friend, then get it, otherwise just forget it
>>
>>340651063
I felt like the game was just boring in general, but whatever.
I'll go on with Tales tho. Thanks for the info
>>
>>340650565

It's a fairly safe Telltale game and highlights again that Borderlands writing is at it's best when doing character humour.

It's decent but not outstanding

It's about 9 hours of gameplay, get it when it's on sale. If you care about the borderlands story it's probably something you'll need to play, follows on from Borderlands 2
>>
Wouldn't hurt giving characters more than one active skill and 12 passives.
>>
>>340650885
I hadn't at the time, and I understood just about everything. There is a point in Chapter 3(I think) that sort of ties in with TPS and some characters from there make an appearance, but other than that you'll be fine.
>>
I really want them to add lasers from TPS to the next Borderlands. Game was shit but lasers were pretty rad
>>
Three things that I would want to see.
>Borderlands 1 remaster
>Tales season 2
>Borderlands 3 cinematic trailer
>>
>>340651125
Well the thing that made 2 great is the content, and TPS has barely any content at all. However there were some great things in TPS like the grinder, and athena

athena best grill
>>
I'm only interested in Moxxi at this point, and people are still making the occasional sfm webm of her, so I'm gonna pass.
>>
>>340651283
>>Borderlands 1 remaster
Please FUCK REPLACE THE GODDAMN BACKGROUND MUSIC IT WAS AWFUL AND KILLED THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE
>>
File: wilyharrisonford.jpg (7 KB, 154x115) Image search: [Google]
wilyharrisonford.jpg
7 KB, 154x115
>>340649532
>implying they have enough money after the sinking ship that was Battleborn
>>
>>340649532
Gearbox Spent all their money and devs on The World's Largest Flop so they have to find a new publisher to steal money from before they can make it
>>
>>340650909

TPS overdoses on Birtchisms (it's very obvious when he steps in on the writing) and suffers from mediocre level design; locations are uninteresting and the game has a habbit of throwing enemies at you from all sides constantly which is annoying given you seem more squishy.

Bad writing, bad level design, still fun combat.

Worth playing for the combat and if you dig loot whoring.
>>
>>340650909

Actually the best of the games, gameplay wise. I know you're playing BL for the story, and you're lying if you say you do.

TPS' low-grav makes for a lot more fun, and it's just a little quicker and tighter than the others. Worth picking up if you can get it cheap, otherwise wait for a sale.
>>
>>340651283
There's already a BL1 remaster
>>
There won't be another Borderlands.
>>
>>340651618
>>340651618
>>340650909
>>340651063
I saw TPS on sale at Gamestop for like, $8.
>>
>>340651231

Two characters from TPS feature mediumly prominently in later chapters and there's one point where something happens to one character that'll seem like a weird plot hole if you don't know about TPS.
>>
>>340651459
Fuck you, Borderlands 1 had awesome music.

Fucking Fyrestone is the best overworld music out of anything. Fits the aesthetic of the game so well
>>
>>340651627
No there isnt.
>>
>>340651641
they literally said BL3 was on its way
>>
>>340651641

The games sell bucket loads and they're coming off the back of a massive flop so they need money fast. It's happening.
>>
>>340651871
My bad, you're right

The Handsome Edition is only BL2 and TPS
>>
What do you guys want in BL3?

>Anthony Burch insert who is a huge faggot and dies hilariously
>pop culture memery scrubbed out
>BL2 enemy diversity
>non-shit vehicular combat, like the Mad Max style shootouts in Dahl Headlands from 1
>game ends with you opening a vault and getting Eridian weapons, with at least one of them being orange rarity or better
>better quest variety than fetch kill kill kill fetch fetch kill fetch fetch kill
>hub area like 2's
>>
>>340652301
a lot of end game things to do
non retarded scaling
the same guy that did 2's music
and some things you said
>>
>>340649792
I normally dont approve of memes but ill give this one a pass if they do it ironically. Like a big frog on the wheel boss even called Dat Boi.
>>
>>340652301
>weapon crafting: like the grinder but you have control over the parts
>keep ice, never bring back slag
>keep O2 kits and make them feel more powerful
>rework the vehicle controls
>playable Teen Tina but drop the nigtalk
>>
>>340652935
Oh, and multiple class abilities like in Battleborn.
>>
>>340652301
Legendary weapons that are worth a shit. Like 90% of legendaries had some stupid gimmick that made them fucking useless.
>>
>>340649532

With any luck it'll stay up in Randy's anus with the rest of his bullshit.
>>
>>340652925
jesus christ I sure hope you aren't serious
>>
>>340652301
I hope they keep the added air movement of TPS. Something tells me they are going to remove it because the game will likely take place in a different setting, and that's just a shame when they could build upon it. Also more action skills, or at least some expand further on how they work and have less +x% of Effect Thingy.

They can keep the "pop culture memery" if they want, but good lord, no more I'M SHOUTING CONSTANTLY AM I NOT FUNNY or that le science XD bitch with the rockets in TPS. I like that it doesn't take itself seriously, but some of the comedy is horribly misguided.

Better balance where survival against the most powerful enemies doesn't revolve around an enemy being nearby for you to kill in Last Stand mode.

Basically, what I want is TPS but not half-assed.
>>
File: 1450659351381.jpg (17 KB, 256x287) Image search: [Google]
1450659351381.jpg
17 KB, 256x287
>>340652925
>>
>>340649532
I enjoyed all the Borderlands games a lot, fucking fun with friends. But Battleborne flopping so hard makes the future of Borderlands seem grim
>>
>>340652301
Speed up the gameplay
New weapon types
No character with a fucking turret ability
>>
>>340651283
>Borderlands 1 remaster

>improved graphics!
>improved sound!
>fewer guns!
>shittier gameplay!
>and the entire script re-written by Anthony "be glad you aren't me" Burch!

This one kindly requests that you heat a length of iron rebar and use it to push a series of cacti directly up your anus and into your lower intestine.
>>
>>340654446
Burch isn't with Gearbox anymore, get your facts straight before you meme.
>>
File: Guardian1.png (677 KB, 739x600) Image search: [Google]
Guardian1.png
677 KB, 739x600
>>340652301
>a decent fucking loot algorithm, both generating weapons and distributing them
>gun variety from the get go instead of specific brands being walled away till you reach certain areas
>less grinding
>decent level scaling
>dark, comedic atmosphere like that of the original Borderlands
>bring back arenas, even if they're completely unbalanced and casual
>bring back the creepy as shit Eridians, or some other type of uncanny guardian
>less of a focus on some "epic" plot, and more focus on a group of rag-tag vault hunters exploring a hostile planet filled with monsters, murderers, psychos, and ruthless mega-military corporations
>not set on Pandora
>>
Might be ok without the mememaster Burch but BL has already set such a reputation for randumb memes that they won't be able to help themselves
Of course they'll push an SJW agenda
Weapon generation will still be fucked
Im not sure if they had items for dlc characters in the item pool in the Presequel but that shit dilutes the actual useful items
Lol TWO season passes again
>>
>>340654782
Sweet dreams are made of this
But that's all they will be
>>
>>340655063

I felt Tales from the Borderlands got the balance right.

Heck even Athena X springs didn't feel forced in it.
>>
>>340654782
>bring back the creepy as shit Eridians, or some other type of uncanny guardian
>I'm a huge faggot please rape my hanging and easily accessible face: the enemy
Kinda liked them too, though.
>>
They should try to make 3 more like the original. The Claptraps and crappy map system were annoying, but the music, player-focused plot, etc. really got across the point of Pandora being a deadly shithole that even its potential conqueror (General Knoxx) wanted to abandon.

Borderlands 2 was too pretty and similar to "normal" games (SAVE THE WORLD plot, super-evil jackass villain, obligatory ice/desert/volcano/mountain settings, previously greedy antiheroes turning out to be not so bad after all,) to make it immersive. In hindsight, it's a lot like the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics, and not in a good way. Burch's memeing and SJW agenda didn't help, and it only got worse in the sequels.
>>
>>340656108
>too pretty
excuse me? one of 2's biggest strengths was the world variety
1 is way to brown and bland
>>
>>340656241
I disagree. BL2's environments felt like the usual RPG/platformer locations with bandit yurts and scrap metal duct-taped to them. BL1's Pandora really gets the hostile, dead atmosphere across. Obviously there needs to be some comedy and whatnot to keep things from being stupidly grimdark, but Pandora ain't no place for no hero to call home, and the first game's setting got the point across better.

BL2/TPS does have better gameplay though. BL2/TPS's gameplay in BL1's dirtier setting would be a golden mean to me.
>>
>>340656896
I'd rather have generic varied fantasy setting than bland brown fps setting
>>
File: 1455984626693.png (454 KB, 396x435) Image search: [Google]
1455984626693.png
454 KB, 396x435
>>340656241
>tfw I actually like the dusty junk world filled with danger aesthetic
>>
>bland gunplay
>forgettable story
>one-dimensional characters
>pointless usage of skill system (boring, and each character only has one)
>first game marketed as diablo w/ guns, yet by the third game it's just a bunch of random mods that are redundant; lack of unique skills to guns; lack of unique guns period
>terrible enemy AI; compensating this by just giving a bunch of health to supposedly harder ones, making them bullet sponges and nothing unique whatsoever
>terrible art style that's exacerbated by cluttering the screen with a bunch of pointless imagery that adds nothing to the atmosphere
Borderlands might be one of the worst game franchises of all time. Certainly in the top 5 for all that have at least 3 games. The final boss in Pre-Sequel is probably the worst final boss ever created.
>>
>>340656241
Not that guy, but I didn't like that shit either, at all.
They already established Pandora as this barren arid wasteland all along 1, only for those colorful areas to show up from nowhere just so designers could easily jack off using cliche environment variety instead of further expanding and experimenting as much as the could on the original theme.
>>
>>340649532
It'd be nice. I just want another playable hot Siren again.
>>
>>340657015
I suppose there's a balancing act involved, but I prefer a bit of bleakness. I think BL2 got it right with the Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLCs; the hub levels are still dry and brown, but the locals managed to do something with them, and the sublevels are pretty varied.
>>
>>340657487
I'll agree to that, those dlc's did the desert setting right
>>
File: 1438481796241.png (249 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1438481796241.png
249 KB, 500x300
>>340657429
>hot Siren again
Calling for lore-friendly male (f2m trans) siren.
>>
>>340651497
>>340651470
>>340651641
>They honestly think Gearbox isn't swimming in money
They just opened a second studio and got a movie deal with Lionsgate.
They own the IP which means even more cash coming to them via sales.

Face facts, Battleborn selling bad is like saying Insomniac is doomed because Overstrike went over like a fart in church.
>>implying they have enough money
>>
File: Bentham_Anime_Infobox.png (1 MB, 616x1005) Image search: [Google]
Bentham_Anime_Infobox.png
1 MB, 616x1005
>>340658214
>male Siren
>pretty interesting
EXCEPT YOU KNOW, THE PART WHERE ALL SIRENS ARE FUCKING FEMALE.

I'd play the shit out of a flamboyantly gay Vault Hunter pretending to be a Siren, but I doubt any Borderlands writer would be capable of executing a tongue-in-cheek idea like that. A gun amazon would be fun as fuck too though.
>>
>>340659281
>gay guy pretending to be a Siren
Might be good for a laugh. And if it gets the SJWs to through an impotent shitfit, then even better.
>gun amazon
So long as it isn't genderswapped Axton or Athena MKII, I'd give her a try.
>>
How does BL1 hold up?

Kinda desperate for a new loot whore shooter to play but I'm worried BL1 will just feel old and clunky.
>>
>>340659281
>THE PART WHERE ALL SIRENS ARE FUCKING FEMALE
well a f2m trans male was born female, so it's lore-friendly :^)
>>
I can see it now; all my friends are gonna get this game and try to convince me to buy it, but I won't because BL2 had no fun classes or skills IMO.

And this game will be the same.

I could forgive the shit story, but there just weren't a lot of fun weapons in BL2. And if there were any I sure as hell don't remember since the last time I played it was like 3 years ago.
>>
>>340659804
Map system is a pain (compass instead of a minimap, can't pan full-size map) and weapon gen is very different, but it works well enough. Make sure to get all the DLC though, because that's where the real fun is.
>>
krieg was the surprising hit of borderlands 2 in terms of classes

so at least include him in 3, or something with the same level of non stop- action-action melee fun.

Remove slag in it's entirety

Give more game changers to skills, and make the skill have wider range or vertical abilities

Stick to 4 classes at launch, but make those classes really shine

focus less on the amount of guns available through tiny aesthetic changes, and rather the variation possible with them, guns should have more random modifiers like bullet gravity, projectile force, shooting different varieties of grenades etc. Legendaries should absolutely always be a massive difference to what you find most often

The reward of weapons should be that you are finding legendaries maybe 10-15 or so times a playthrough rather than twice, and guns should be a "pick up and drop in 20 minutes" system to increase the games progression pacing

Scaling in general needs to be a mix of 1 and a tiny bit of 2, the 61-72 level progression in borderlands 2 was mind numbingly boring.

Writing and game content should focus on memorable, varied area design and bosses which feel fleshed out in the games world, along with the colossal natural fauna.

More invincibles should be like vermivorous where they are well hidden.
>>
>>340659281
>>340658214
go fuck yourself I don't want you degenerates ruining my sirens
>>
File: 1465238167157.jpg (13 KB, 230x233) Image search: [Google]
1465238167157.jpg
13 KB, 230x233
How much you wanna bet they'll make some sort of joke about Battleborn flopping in this game?
>>
>>340660613
>vermivorous
>you have to literally be 4 persons to ever have a chance to spawn it
Nah fuck this boss
>>
>>340660613

I'd like to see more weapon focused trees this time. Less "for a few seconds" abilities and more permanent boosts or tweaks. If you want to play Borderlands like a pure shooter there needs to be specs that allow for it.
>>
>>340651618
You are out of your mind. TPS was horrible. The only redeeming feature was some of the laser guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (371 KB, 800x1077) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
371 KB, 800x1077
>>340657242
>mfw you actually played through to the end
>>
>More choices of special skills or customization of special skill for each character
>More viability for class based trinity and co-op gameplay to be encouraged
>Follow the trend TPS had of removing the stupid Super Mega Ultimate Turbo Giga Badass Modes that encourage gimmick builds and weapons
>Give blue and purple gear more longevity
>More diverse environments, fuck people who just want snow/desert
>Less reliance on vehicles and more intricate map layout that encourages exploration on foot

Bonus: Better arenas, boss rush arena (but without the same drops so it doesnt make the world redundent), and make everything farmable at launch.
>>
>>340662707
The boss rush arena is a good idea
>>
File: 1431362738488.jpg (12 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1431362738488.jpg
12 KB, 241x230
>Said they would work on BL3 after they finished on Battleborn and its DLC
>mfw Battleborn blew up in their face
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.