[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt and Sanctuary thread. Just started playing this a few days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: s&s.jpg (789 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
s&s.jpg
789 KB, 1920x1080
Salt and Sanctuary thread.

Just started playing this a few days ago. Got to Castle of Storms and died to the Kraekan Wyrm a lot. I'll probably kill it soon though.

What's the general consensus of this game?
>>
>>340644057
It's ok.
Not the game's fault but I'm tired of this whole dark aestethic. I blame souls for it, I really want to play soemthing colorful now but modern Nintendo games aen't doing crap.
>>
>>340644057
It's Ok.
100% rip off of souls and doesn't give a single fuck that it is.

which for some is a turn off. Not as much as the art style but you get used to that shit quick.
>>
Its really good, and more of a dark souls castlevania hybrid than just dark souls, my only issue is how broken great swords are, even on my mage run I ended up using one
>>
>>340644305
The whole dark aestethis is kind of this Ska Studios thing.
The Two Dishwasher games were the same and so was whatever the other games were.

Also Ska music. I honestly don't care for Ska music.

They basically made the first dishwasher game around the same time as Demon's souls.
>>
>>340644057
Good game.
The platforming will kill you more than anything else.
The end sections are rushed and pretty short.
Beware the unicorns.
>>
>>340644057
Still waiting for vita version
Anyone have any idea when it's coming?
>>
>>340644493
Isn't it 2D?

All I know about is when I saw it I thought "this looks smack like Dishwasher: Dead Samurai"... and then I found out it's the same dude making it, and I thought "hey, Dishwasher was pretty good" so I imagine if you're into simple 2D action games you'd enjoy it.
>>
Bought it on release got up to the same point
Dropped it because I couldn't be bothered learning the patterns/attacks

Just started a new game on the Linux beta and nailed it first time. Not sure if the Haymaker is just OP or I just got better, but the whole thing feels a lot easier this time round. Maybe I'm just more into after beating Momodora 4.

Do enemies drop weapons? I want big ass scythe those guys in the Hall of Cages carry but I'm having no luck.
Also, not sure if this is a Linux issue or not but I can't seem to kill anything with a riposte. Is this intentional? I could have sworn this didn't happen when I first played the game on Windows, but there have been several patches since then.
>>
>>340644057
O shit i just realized it's out on PC now.

I'm gonna get it for sure. Not just because I like Souls games, I liked The Dishwasher so I'm reasonably certain I'll like the gameplay.
>>
>>340644860
It's dishwasher if Dishwasher was taught by souls.
>>
>>340644663
Keep a greathammer ready for those slash resistant bosses in NG+.
>>
>>340644057
Pandering piece of shit with gameplay that mimics staples not suited to the perspective.
>>
>>340644913
Riposte doesn't outright kill anything.
It is just supposed to do like 4-5x your basic damage.
>>
>>340644913
Enemies don't drop weapons.
You can't parry with a greatshield (the only drawback of the Effigy Shield).
>>
>>340645069
Yet works just fine and is a easily enjoyable game.
>>
>>340645124
So after a parry/riposte, I have to finish them off with a normal light/heavy attack? Seems a bit gay since enemies seem to attack immediately after the riposte, but whatever.

>>340645172
Well shit. That was a fucking waste of time.
>>
>>340645358
after a parry you must go near them and press the "use" key
>>
>>340645452
Yes, that's what I'm doing. I'm saying the actual riposte, the attack, doesn't kill anything, even it I do more damage than the enemy has health.
>>
Are greatswords OP as fuck? I've been using a Kureimoa until now and ignoring most other weapon types.
>>
>>340645609
sound's linux gots it fucked.
>>
>>340644769
>Ska music
I unironically really like Tim Armstrong's work for awhile.
>>
>>340645358
enemies don't drop weapons but almost every enemy drops some sort of body part that can turn weapons into other versions of themselves.
If you already have a scythe you can probably get the body part off that enemy and change your Scythe into it.

Requires a Alchemist at one of the resting points.
>>
>>340646909
Just tried making a webm where I did a parry/riposte 3 times on the same Rotten Walker and it didn't die until I threw a throwing knife at it, but ssr didn't record the output properly.
Whatever, I'll report it on the Linux discussion board.
>>
File: Pirates_inspace.jpg (418 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Pirates_inspace.jpg
418 KB, 3200x1800
>>340644963
>O shit i just realized it's out on PC now.
>>
>>340647589
Not everyone is a pirate, anon ; )
>>
File: output2.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
output2.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>340647183
Wait, I got it now
>>
>>340648251
Weird as fuck
>>
>>340644057
I was disappointed by it, but I can't say it was bad. At the very least, it tried to do some cool things by making a 2D soulslike game. I wish they had a better visual director. It kind of looks like ass, especially the character designs.
>>
>>340646307
Its good. I finished the game with it and greathammer. Switching depending on enemy.
>>
>>340648251
that looks so fucking un-fun it hurts
>>
>>340645609
Maybe the weapon type is fucked? Sword riposte was stab that threw the enemy way back on its back.
>>
>>340650143
Thanks for sharing your well-informed opinion with us friend
>>
any fun weapon types that are strength based and not OP as fuck (greatsword)? I don't want to cheese through it.
>>
>>340646307
Been using Kureimoa as well until I learned about Jaws of Death which has bullshit damage.
>>
>>340650214
Nah, it happened with a spear and a sword, too. Might as well report it to the devs.
>>
Enjoying the fuck out of it but it has a ton of issues.

NG is reasonably easy but the boss difficulty is pretty uneven. Third Lamb, Tree of Men, Witch of the Lake, etc. are pretty challenging while the Stench Most Foul, the Dried King, the Untouched Inquisitor, Caresaw and the like are complete pushovers.
NG+ meanwhile simply turns everything into a damage sponge.

Great hammers, greatswords and pistols are fucking broken, especially the last one, surprisingly, which lets you throw strategy out the window and makes you blast everything away from relatively safe distance and with pretty high damage.

Most of the later areas are lacking in quality or are extremely short. Siam Lake is just a single room, the Blackest Vault only houses a creed, the Far Beach and Fort Beyond the Mire are borderling filler and the Still Palace is just simply a bunch of platforming segments before the final boss.
Hell, just look at the game's map and you can see the first part is much more complex.

And something that surprisingly hasn't been caught by the devs so far: the game isn't rage-quit safe.
Completely lost your 100k salt to a bossfight and don't give a fuck about being a douchebag?
Just alt+F4 out of the game when the message appears.
The game saves your progress when you get dragged back to the sanctuary and not when you get killed, so when you restart the game you'll be back at the sanctuary you visited before with all your shit still there.

Oh, and of course the character design which looks like what happens if the baby from Eraserhead would grow up.
>>
>>340645172
Some do but only shit ones like level 0 daggers.
>>
Is it possible to pirate this and play offline?
>>
>>340652658
>and play offline
...it has online play?
>>
>>340652658
IIRC it doesn't even have online features.
>>
>>340644305
It's time. You know what you must do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7FPfxscmBs
>>
>>340652658
yeah but make sure to quit the steam client beforehand
>>
>>340644970
Oh. That sounds... Okay I guess. I mean Souls had more depth to its combat than Dishwasher did.

I just want a game that's Dishwasher taught by Fairy Bloom Freesia
>>
it would be a good game if unique weapons actually had unique abilitie, and if it had a map.

as it stands, it's a souls clone that would be better off if it didn't copy souls.
>>
Man I sure love ugly flash games with not even an ounce of originality and I love paying for it even more
Maybe worth it to pirate it, nothing else
>>
I actually like it more than Dark Souls. I'm a no-taste shitter pleb though, so fuck me
>>
File: concernbob.gif (50 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
concernbob.gif
50 KB, 400x300
>>340653040
>make sure to quit the steam client beforehand
W-why?
>>
>>340644057
good stopgap for darksouls 3
>>
>>340653775
because the pirated copy emulates steam through dlls i think
I just do it to be safe. When I go to the main menu it even says "online".
>>
>>340644831
handhelds are for faggots
>>
Worst thing about the PC version: they (mostly) fixed the hilariously awful German translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9dSAgCfRmQ
>>
what's the easiest starting class?

I started as a Knight but I just hit the Mad Alchemist and this is kind of too hard 4 me. My sword is lv3 (starting sword) and the alchemist takes fuck all for damage.

Also the ogre just before it is bullshit with its insane poison.
>>
>>340656324
I started as a knight too, but that was rendered pointless since the first thing I did was take all of my armour off and start hunting for a better weapon.

I'm with you on the Alchemist, though. That shit is just hectic. I used one of those holy enchanting items and just wailed on him with the Haymaker until he died. He went down before he could really do anything.
>>
File: 1462827387630.jpg (221 KB, 600x511) Image search: [Google]
1462827387630.jpg
221 KB, 600x511
Souls is my 2nd favorite series ever and I really dislike S&S. The whole thing imitates Souls too much to where every single thing about it, especially atmosphere, gameplay, and level design, just makes me think "man this was a lot better in Souls."

It also seems really really easy and unbalanced. The greatsword is barely any slower than the longsword but does vastly more damage. Bossfights are a complete joke too.
>>
>>340644057
I bought it day one but dropped it during that palace with invisible enemies; that coupled with the fact that i lost like 100,000 salt to a mimic, and when i killed that bastard, he did not gave it back for whatever reason.

Will start a new char someday and give it another shot, but it felt rather frustrating, specially dodging big enemies as you have to hug them in order to switch sides, if not, you just roll in place and get slammed in the face.

Tree of Men is an unfun boss too, but at least is not the bed of chaos, i guess.
>>
>>340644057
I liked it a lot. It really needed a map. Excited to play it co op with my friend when he's back in town.
>>
>>340657047
>The whole thing imitates Souls too much to where every single thing about it, especially atmosphere, gameplay, and level design, just makes me think "man this was a lot better in Souls."

By the time you start getting those movement abilites it feels like it becomes more and more an Igavania that just happens to have Souls elements in it, especially once you get the dart ability and you're airdashing around like a crazy motherfucker.
>>
soulslike? more like shillslike LMAO
>>
>>340652818
You can leave messages in a bottle and they show up in other players' worlds. That's it.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.