[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, what are some games like Advance Wars? I know Fire Emblem,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: ID46eVU.gif (3 MB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
ID46eVU.gif
3 MB, 295x221
/v/, what are some games like Advance Wars?

I know Fire Emblem, FFT, and Front Mission are also tactics games, but I'm more specifically looking for games closer to Advance Wars that are less RPG-y.
>>
Valkyria Chronicles, sort of. It's 3D and has a live turn-based system with different objectives, but it's similar I guess.
Units can die permanently like Fire Emblem though.
>>
>>340642115
There's always Panzer General if you're feeling old school.
>>
>>340642376

I'll give it a shot. I've been on a tactics binge and I only have Days of Ruin before I'm out of Advance Wars.

>>340642435

That certainly is old school, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks anons.
>>
>>340642115

Tactics ogre maybe?

Big up Valkyria chronicles though I enjoyed the first game
>>
>>340642115
Age of Empires Age of Kings for the DS is basically what would happen if someone made a total conversion mod that turned AW into AOE. Thanks for reminding me I need to replay it.
>>
>>340642115

you could go with the previous "war" game, it's called advance wars because it's a series, advance war is just the first game that came in english

here's super famicom wars for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vYtUlkCUU

or alternatively i suggest battle for wesnoth, it has "rpg element" but it's more of a strategy game
>>
Also can't forget super robot wars.
>>
>>340642115
The original XCOM games on DOS maybe?
>>
>>340643753
Pretty sure they've been ported to windows by now.
>>
>grandmother bought me Advance Wars for christmas one year
>all the previous years had been shit like the nintedon't galaga machine
>I traded it in to gamestop for a full refund before I even opened it and bought some Xbox shovelware game
still haven't played any of them
>>
>>340644356
Emulate that shit right now.
>>
>>340644058
By DOS, I mean not EU/EW and 2, sorry.

That said XCOM UFO is abandonware now OP, so you can grab it off any site.

Google openxcom to use with it and you're golden.
>>
There's also war of the human tanks on pc if you dont mind not having terrain effects.
>>
>>340642435

Damn, this is one of those games I've always wanted, but never knew existed.
>>
>>340642115
Speaking of AW, whatever happened to Advance Wars /v/kends?
I absolutely sucked in each game, but I had a ton of fun.
Someone should get around to hosting one.
>>
This is for ps2 but easy to emulate on pc, the gameplay is like AW but with tons more of details.
>>
>>340648480
I think there's a clone of this on pc called modern strategic warfare or something like that.
>>
>>340648480
I swear this game is a distant sequel to Conflict and Super Conflict
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>340648480
never heard of that, it emulates pretty well anyway.
>>
>>340649981
was meant for >>340649205
>>
File: military-madness-usa.png (7 KB, 256x232) Image search: [Google]
military-madness-usa.png
7 KB, 256x232
>>
File: 1422511596818.jpg (159 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1422511596818.jpg
159 KB, 1024x576
>>340644356
>trading in gifts
>Christmas gifts
>from your granny
>>
>>340644356
Nigger damn i would slap you if i could, Go play it nao! NAO!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.