[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate D44M so much? I'm convinced it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (563 KB, 481x556) Image search: [Google]
image.png
563 KB, 481x556
Why does /v/ hate D44M so much? I'm convinced it's literally just because it was made by Bethesda
>>
>>340639369
I'll never bother trying the game because it was developed by Bethesda. They've never made a good game before and it seems unlikely that they would suddenly reverse that trend now.
>>
>>340639876
>developed

They merely published it you dumbass. id were the ones who made the SP campaign and assets. And now they have control over future MP updates as well.
>>
>>340639876
>everything points to the game being good
>i refuse to try it because it is developed by bethesda (even though it's developed by id software)

/v/ ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>340640034
>everything points to the game being good
not their fucking official marketing
>>
>>340639990
You realize Bethesda owns id and has since before Rage shipped, right?
>>
>>340640127
yeah they marketed it by saying it was bad that's a good point my friend
>>
>/v/ is one person

it's my 2016 GOTY so far. loved every minute. i hate bethesda but they knocked it out of the park with this one, just wish they would give single player dlc instead of garbage multiplayer shit.
>>
>>340640161
They still didn't develop the game. Stuff like Fallout 3, 4, and Elder Scrolls? That's developed in house by Bethesda.
>>
>>340639369
>I'm convinced it's literally just because it was made by Bethesda

That's reason enough. Piece of shit company they are.
>>
>>340640161
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bethesda_Softworks_video_games
publisher=/=developer
>>
>>340640364
I think Doom will get a standalone single player game like Wolfenstein did when it got The Old Blood. There's still a chance senpai
>>
>Mfw D44M gets shit on for all the same reasons Serious Sam 3 gets praised for

It couldn't be more obvious that /v/ just hates it because it has an actual budget and its Bethesda
>>
>Hate

Nigga it's been cocksucking it nonstop since release

The MP is thrash but it's the only bad part of it.
>>
>>340639369
/v/ hates anything made after morrowind simply because it's new
>>
Well I bought it and played it for the first time yesterday and that game is fucking intense.

1.) You walk around on the surface of Mars and it really does look like Mars, so much intricate detail.

2.) The old weapons come back except a few new ones and they can be modded. I turned my shotgun into a grenade launcher, plus you have unlimited grenades.

3.) The same monsters plus new ones, that's also good.

4.) The soundtrack is fucking awesome.

5.) You get to go to Hell and it looks like Hell so I'm glad.

6.) It reminds me of the movie Alien with Sigourney Weaver, just the feeling and atmosphere, Alien meets Hell.

It's honestly pretty damn cool.

8/10
>>
>>340642640
GOTY for me honestly
>>
I am enjoying it. Taking my time and collecting everything as I go on Ultra-Violence. It's a fun game.
>>
>>340640161

Bethesda published Doom 2 and 3 too.
>>
>>340644174
That wae Activision
>>
>>340641036

It's not made by Bethesda you idiot, it's just published by the company. ID Software made Doom, and they made Doom 4 the way THEY wanted to make it. How is this bad?
>>
>>340641614

Yeah /v/ literally just hates it because ID was required to have the Bethesda name on it. like this dumbass >>340641036

It's completely unfair to the game and the game devs when the game itself is actually good.
>>
2tryhard4me desu familia
>>
>>340639369
I like it quite a bit. First fps single player campaign I've enjoyed in probably 10 years
>>
I had a blast with it. I need to go through and 100% it, but I haven't played a shooter that was as satisfying to play minute to minute as D44M was.
>>
>>340644781

Well, apart from the multiplayer of course.

I'm just glad the single player is fun shit. Hopefully there is something for it on E3.
>>
>>340639876
Shows you don't know much, it was only published by Bethesda, it was developed by id
>>
>>340642640
when you first got to hell it looked really disappointing to me, but it got alot better the more times you went there
>>
>>340640161
You're so fucking stupid
>>
>340639369
Id soft is too old to be good.
Rage is good example.
>>
>>340645380
I expected it to be mild at first, like the gateway into the later part. I think that the moon in the sky and the terrain and the description of the argent energy went very well together.

Wasn't disappointed at all with anything. I remember the first part of Hell also looking like a couple of levels from the early 90's Doom game.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.